“Happy Birthday Lunch at Ten Sq Belfast Bar & Grill, 30th October 2012” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ten Square

You added Ten Square to your Saves list
Ten Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Donegal Square South, Belfast BT1 5JD, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #5 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newtownabbey, United Kingdom
“Happy Birthday Lunch at Ten Sq Belfast Bar & Grill, 30th October 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Delicious food, very good service and excellent value for money.
My wife, daughter 18, son 14 & I decided to have a late lunch here and hit the movies after for my birthday.
As a starter we had the mixed platter to share for 4. Brucetta, Duck Pring Rolls, Pork Skewers & Scampi. Oh it was delicious.
Main courses were Bang Bang Chicken - best dish by far! I want that next time, Honey Chilli Beef with Noodles - nice beef and chilli. It was very very nice but the crispy batter on beef let it down slightly. I ate ever pick though! The other 2 dishes were Hickory Burgers - my son just described it as Great. When pushed he said burger was a wee bit dry - he ate very bit though but he is 14.
Overall - very very good service from attentive and polite staff.
Now to go see Bond, James Bond.
:-)

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding here at the beginning of October and we couldn't fault it in any way! I stayed the night before the wedding as well as the wedding night and both rooms were beautiful and spacious - the views over City Hall are stunning. The food was fantastic and most of all the service was out of this world, the staff couldn't do enough for us - all our guests commented on it!

• Stayed October 2012
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed in Ten Square for a few rainy days and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The hotel is in an excellent location and we had a triple room - plenty of space and storage space and tastefully decorated.

Decent food in the restaurant - though we felt that with so many restaurants within a short walk it was better to go out, although we did have a good dinner in the hotel on our first night. Breakfast were good with particularly nice coffee.

The staff in the hotel were extremely helpful - ordering taxis, recommending restaurants and lending us some umbrellas to take on a walking tour.

We want to return to Belfast (which really is a great place to visit) and I'm sure we will return to Ten Square.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
n. ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Revisited for a one night stay this week and enjoyed the same degree of comfort and relaxation as on the last occasion. Spacious and well appointed room with an interesting view of the City Hall, plus, most importantly, a very comfy bed.We didn't eat in the Hotel, but enjoyed a drink in the Bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here with two colleagues for one night on business but failed to be impressed from the minute I arrived. The receptionist was efficient but brusque, my room was very dark. As the view from the window was so grim they had covered the window with some sort of film which meant you couldn't see out and this made the room even darker. The room itself was spacious and the bed comfortable but I didn't enjoy being in the room at all.

The breakfast wasn't good. I had a boiled egg which was fine but my colleague ordered eggs Florentine and the sauce came out ice cold, she sent it back and they gave her another one but overall it just wasn't great. It didn't help that there was a really strong stench in hotel either.

When I checked out she told me she was charging me for another room for a 'no show'. We had initially booked 4 rooms but cancelled one which they had failed to document, I told her I wasn't paying for it and to check back with the office, I found her dismissive and will not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid room 310 - very dark
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My daughter and son in law chose this hotel to host their wedding and what a great choice! Stayed the night before and after the wedding. The whole wedding day was an absolute dream. All the staff were so attentive and professional without losing their Belfast humour. The rooms are large and luxurious and we had a great view overlooking the City Hall. The food was top rate including a freshly cooked Ulster fry which was great to soak up the cokes from the night before. Can not think of anything to fault this hotel on and look forward to staying there again for the Christmas market.

Room Tip: Second floor overlooking the City Hall
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We spent last sunday night in Ten Square and I can only say the place is superb, the staff are profesional without losing the personal touch and the food is exellent. I am trying to think of something on the downside to say and can't think of anything. I can't wait to go back there for another stay and make it a longer one. I have stayed in many top class hotels but Ten Square beats them all. Joe Brennan.

Room Tip: We had a suite 209 on the second floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ten Square? Share your experiences!