“Not too sure about this hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Belfast

You added Days Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
Days Hotel Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Dublin, Ireland
“Not too sure about this hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here in December 2013 on a business trip. Arrived late at night, perhaps close to midnight, and was directed across the road to a dark and deserted car park. The pedestrians stairs were locked so I had to walk down the car ramps with suitcases and bags in tow and across the street. On arrival, check in was prompt but I had to ask for details such as wifi password, breaksfast times and check in times. When i arrived to my room , there was peoples belongings on the bed and desk, so I headed back down to reception. When i told the gentleman on the desk he asked me was I sure, looked at me like he didnt believe me and asked could I wait until the manager saw the room. As it was past midnight and I had driven for 5 hours at this stage, I had to impatiently tell him that the occupied room wasnt my fault and to just reassign me another room, which he eventually did. The new room was a smokers room and was very musty.
Breakfast the next morning was also a disappointment. I had paid for late check out, but housekeeping were not notified of this, and they knocked on my room several times.
Overall, the hotel was cheap and is in a central location, but i would prefer to spend a little more and stay in a good quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
Donegal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel is clean and our room was for 2 adult and 1 child. However, in our room was 1 double bed and a small fold up bed. Not what we had expected. The restaurant was fully booked, so as paying guests we had to leave the hotel for dinner. The bar menu was so small and unappetizing. The breakfast was basic very basic. We paid very little for the room so the quality was low. Good location if you are heading to Belfast for a night out, as comfort wont be your main priority!

• Stayed May 2014
Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I love staying in this hotel when I'm visiting Belfast for shopping or a concert etc. Location next to bus/train station is excellent and only a short walk to City Hall/shopping streets in one direction or cinema and bars/restaurants down the other. Never had any problems with staff, noise or cleanliness. Breakfast is of a high standard and well worth the money

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Siobhan K, Administration Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Guest,
On behalf of all the staff and management team here at Days Hotel Belfast we thank you for your positive feedback.

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Kind Regards
Siobhan Keenan
Administration Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

In any other hotel you stay in the staff are pleasant and do anything to help this one is not you defminutely get wat you pay for which is very little a camp bed is not acceptable in any room disgrace that I had to sleep in it well I wouldn't say sleep when I got none it near hit the floor when you lay in it

• Stayed May 2014
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

very handy for city centre buses and trains. one small complaint never saw bar open during day. breakfast buffet well worth the £8 near sandy row though for cheaper drink than city centre. northern Ireland supporters club in shaftsbury square half the price of lavereys and benedicts

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Syed E, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read our guests feedback and I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were impressed by overall services particularly with bar staff.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dublin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I will never stay in this hotel, ever again. Yes, it is reasonably priced, very centrally located and near bus and train stations but the way some guests are treated, as I was, is appalling. I felt very unwelcome and any request during my short stay was either not dealt with or treated with impatience. This hotel completely spoiled my trip to Belfast and I doubt I will ever be back to the city again, as a result.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking time to write your review on Tripadvisor.

I am disappointed to note that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Please accept our apologies for your experience. However, I am very keen to know more about your stay e.g arrival date/times.

I would be grateful if you could contact me on gm@dayshotelbelfast.co.uk.

Once again, I am sorry about your experience and I look forward to receive further information soon.

irvine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

this is one of my favourite places to stay. for the price u pay its a bargain. the hotel is modern, clean and central to pubs and shops. the room was a decent size, comfy bed, clean modern bathroom with complimentry liquid soap and shower gel which was lovely. fresh bedding and towels every day, nice clean well stock bar and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Firstly, thank you for taking your time to write review on Tripadvisor.

It is always a pleasure to greet return guests and I am glad to note that Days Hotel is one of your favourite places in Belfast to stay. I am glad to read your feedback and have passed your feedback to our house keeping and bar staff.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to greet you at Days Hotel soon.

For best available rates call us on +442890242494.

Been to Days Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!