“Belfast Budget” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Belfast

You added Days Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
Days Hotel Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Poole, United Kingdom
“Belfast Budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

I'm surprised at Conqueror17 but then I'm not a tobacco addict. I had a late arrival and checked in with a smiling lady at the desk, had a quick drink at the bar with very friendly, helpful and chatty bar-man and then off to a clean and comfortable room. The reception at breakfast staretd with smiles and 'good mornings' as I went past towards breakfast where the young lady and the gentleman were friendly and helpful. This continued with my complimentary car park pass as I checked out. The staff were terrific and, for the price, the room was very good indeed. I will definitely use it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Syed E, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write your valuable review following to your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to read your feedback and have shared this with our team. It is always a pleasure to greet returning guests and I am absolutely delighted to note that you will definitely stay with us again. We all are indeed looking forward to greet you soon.

Syed Ejaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
South East England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Attention to detail and consistency are all that is needed to make this a good hotel. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Cleaning standards were good. However the demenaour of staff avried from extremely helpful to sullen; the needs of smokers requires another solution to them using the front entrance and cleaning staff did not notice maintenance issues. Also a lack of information incluidng no written notice of check out times. Overall I would recommend it to others as the location is perfect. and teh room was comfortable and warm.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review on Tripadvisor following to y our recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that your feedback is extremely important and your comments about smoking area and staff have been noted and we shall take appropriate actions to become a "Good Hotel" as per your subject line.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Perfect location close to the center and just beside the train station / bus station.
Great for connections to airport and dublin.
Also great locations to take one days tours outside the city or to giants causeway.

The hotel is good, big rooms with all needed and free wifi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a review on Tripadvisor following to your recent stay with us.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were particularly impressed by hotel location and facilities. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we are looking forward to greet you again at our hotel.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hotel across the road from Bus & Train station, about 15-20 minutes walk into centre.Usual type of city centre hotel.
Good Points:Very friendly & helpful staff. Very clean, good size room, no problems with shower or bathroom. Good choice of breakfast food and very hot, we had one evening meal which was very enjoyable average bar.
Bad Points: Beds are shocking. The first room we had the bed springs came through the bed, went down to Reception told them, got moved to another room, bed was not much better had a rip on base of bed. The guy on reception was very helpful, got the problem sorted he left a message for the manager for the following morning. We did meet the manager and got things sorted. Didn't get much sleep because of the beds.
As there is no smoking shelter, people stand outside near the front doors so you end up fighting you way through the cloud of smoke. I have no problems with people smoking but the hotel should find a better place for them to stand.

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Syed E, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following to your recent stay at Days Hotel Belfast.

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you found our staff friendly and helpful. Please note that your feedback about bed and smoking area has been noted and will be escalated to senior management. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it allows us to improve standards.

Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at Days Hotel Belfast. If I could be any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@dayshotelbelfast.co.uk or on +44 2890 242494.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Family Stay in the days hotel. Nov

Good points. Great location. Cheap. Nice size room. Some staff are brilliant

The second guy who checked us in was perfect a smile on his face and a quick hello to the wee man made us feel welcome

Bad points.
Staff. Went to check in early was told there was no rooms ready just said it was fine (I've worked in a hotel for years so didn't really expect to get in early) but normal practice would b to take the name of the people there first so there room would b made first

Car park. Clearly states when booking there is free parking. Although it was closed and had to pay an additional 12 pound accross the rd. which is where reception told me to park.

Beds are sqeeky, but grand. My son was 3 and I wouldn't of liked him any older to b staying in the roll away bed simple cause I don't think it would of supported him.

Stained lampshades and huge cracks in the plasterboard rm 433

Again the guy that went to check us in first man with dark hair and glasses. Think he's only there to literally do his job on paper. Asked could we print something out. Gave us an email address to send it to. Watched us struggle with there pay as you go computers wifi for 20 mins knew we didn't get sorted and no sign of any help. Which left us wondering Belfast trying to print a boarding pass.

All in all, I've stayed here before for a night out and was perfect but was forced to stay here as a family break as every other hotel was booked up. I would go back but only if it was my self for a night out.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for providing vital information. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it allow us to improve standards.

northern ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

When walking into our room we noticed a smell it was when we walked into the bathroom we realised it was coming from the drain of the shower it was a disabled bathroom done as a wetroom it smelt really bad of sewers . We had to buy a bottle of bleach and tipped the whole bottle over the shower room floor and down the drain. It took the smell away overnight but it returned the next morning . Its a pity because the hotel is well situated we had a good breakfast and the staff are very nice and we really enjoyed the bar.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am sorry to note that you encountered bathroom issue during your stay. We are investigating this matter further in order to avoid any similar nature incidents in future. I am glad to note that you were impressed by our staff services.

Ede, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We (my daughter and me) stayed for three nights in Days Hotel in Belfast. A large hotel in a big building. Not very personal. The guests were mainly workers from Poland. Nevertheless we had a good time here. The location is perfect near the (bus)station and the city centre. The staff was friendly and the breakfast Ok. Don't expect too much, but fine for a citytrip to Belfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am glad to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly. I would like to thank you for highlighting location benefits for the convenience of other guests, indeed we are located short distance away from Belfast major attractions.

Syed Ejaz

Been to Days Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!