“Cheap and Cheerful” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Belfast

You added Days Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
Days Hotel Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Cheap hotel, just off the main road. if your a large group going for a drink in Belfast than this is ideal. Wouldn't stay in the hotel bar for too long though as the drinks are Hotel prices. Clean, simple rooms but I wasn't staying in this hotel for the luxuries.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Syed E, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor following to your recent stay at Days Hotel Belfast.

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am glad to note that you have found our hotel good value for your money and cheerful. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it allows us to improve standards.

Once again thank you very much for your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at Days Hotel Belfast. If I could be any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on gm@dayshotelbelfast.co.uk or on +44 2890 242494.

Syed Ejaz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Southend-on-Sea, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here earlier this year and returned as we felt it good value. Sadly the hotel did not live up to expectations this time. The rooms are OK, the location is very good, and the buffet breakfast good although a little expensive. The main problem we found was that it seems to be heavily used by migrant workers, and they congregated on and around the entrance steps to the hotel in the evenings smoking, at least whenever we entered or left. We were forced to walk through them most times which was not a pleasant experience, particularly for non smokers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Syed E, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am glad to note that you have chosen Days Hotel once again for your stay but I am sorry to note that your experience with this stay was not as pleasant as first one. Please note that your feedback about smoking has been noted and we will put a strict policy in place to avoid this nature incidents again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Booked at last minute for 3 nights Wednesday to Saturday watch out for the free parking only Monday to Thursday got stung when checking out. The hotel car park lies empty and you need to use the multi across the street. Was basic but ok for what we needed, carpets in the room could have done with a clean , also a problem at the entrance with smokers everywhere and their rubbish etc, nobody from the hotel seemed to monitor this and you caught all the smoke as you entered the hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. Please note that your feedback about smoking at entrance has been noted and will be escalated to senior management for a permanent solution. Also, car park at the rear of hotel does not comes under hotel management anymore but we still do offer free car park facility for our guests from Monday to Thursday and very discounted rates from Friday to Sunday.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I found the reception service on arrival a little poor, at check in the front desk lady didn't give any information about the hotel, breakfast or check out time etc, the reservation said free parking and we had to pay 6 pounds which is only a small reduction for the normal price for 24 hours, car park was a bit far away from hotel. Room was clean and not cold but very small. I found the bathroom and shower quite modern and nice. Only not that good value for the price. We probably won't be staying here again, wifi signal was very poor. Also breakfast was not the best quality

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am sorry to note that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please note that you feedback about car park has been noted and I can assure you that it has clearly advertised in all our booking channels that we offer free car park facility from Monday to Thursday and very discounted rates from Friday to Sunday.

Your feedback is very much appreciated as it allows us to improve standards and I truly hope that this experience will not deter you from staying with us again and you will allow us an opportunity to restore your confidence on ultimate hospitality.

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Arrived to a room with no hot water. Although moved to another room, we asked for a wake up call that never happened and we had to make a train. Also was told we could have and earlier breakfast, which was included, but when we arrived was told it was not available. Overall room was ok but service and communication was poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I am sorry to hear the issues you have encountered during your stay. Please be assured your raised concerns will be investigated to avoid any similar incidents in future.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

First time staying in days hotel and would definitely return was going to concert in ulster hall and was only a 5 min walk. Its situated really central right beside Great Victoria train station and handy for shopping and entertainment. Staff were friendly, rooms were standard but ideal for short stays and hotel was clean. We had the buffet cooked breakfast which was great and good value for money. only downside was the people in the next room decided to have a fight at 6.30 in the morning but in fairness the staff dealt with it quickly and efficiently. would definitely recommend

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We do have very good feedback and strive to keep all our guests happy. I thank you for your positive feedback as we strive to offer to all of our guests’ very high standards of service.

Belfast, Northern Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have stayed here a couple of times when on a night out in Belfast City centre. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable hotel that is close to the nightlife, restaurants etc then this is for you. The only thing I would say is that it is best to avoid the area to the back of the hotel during weekends late at night as it is a little bit dodgy if you're a stranger. I know the area well so I felt at ease but I can see hoe foreigners might feel a little uneasy

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!