“Good Location and Pleasantly Surprised” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Belfast

Save Saved
You added Days Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
Days Hotel Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel deals
Special Price
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #30 of 44 hotels in Belfast
cork
“Good Location and Pleasantly Surprised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed for 1 night - 2 adults and 3 children in inter-connecting rooms. Thank God we had two rooms - as space was limited in the rooms!! Windows need to be upgraded - wind was howling in through them until we stuffed them with toilet paper. Beds were comfortable but a little squeeky! Those were the only negative comments. Other than that - the hotel was perfect. Location was great and free parking and wi-fi was a definite bonus. Staff were lovely, couldn't have been more helpful and what made it for us was we were able to check in at 12.00pm - meant we could go and enjoy the sights of Belfast without worrying about checking in later on. Breakfast was excellant - loads of choice for 3 fussy kids!!! One huge surprise was given the number of people staying in the hotel that night, including at least one stag party we saw early on in the evening, the noise levels were really low when we went to bed. Would recommend this for a Cheap and Cheerful break in Belfast!!!

Room Tip: If you have more than 1 child, try to go for interconnecting rooms - extra space will be worth it. G...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Days_Belfast, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear JinnyCork,

I have certainly taken your comments on board and we will continue to strive towards total guest satisfaction. My team do carry out regular walks to ensure noise levels are kept to a minimum and we think this is working well, thank you for mentioning it!

1,320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Polish first
Londonderry Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visiting the hotel on business, firstly I found the car parking easy and very convenient to the hotel entrance. The staff at reception were helpful and on arrival at my room I found everything I needed for the night, double bed, TV, tea and coffee making facilities, shower and WC. I ate out, so unfortunately can't comment on the meals other than breakfast which was self service and extremely good value at £6.95! The car park was free as well which is an added bonus. Rooms tidy and clean, extremely good value for money if you want to explore the city you don't need anything else.

Room Tip: Taxi available from a free phone in reception. Car parking free, which in Belfast is a must!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear harry140,

Such a great review! Thank you very much, I hope we will see you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was in a great location just a few minutes walk from the Europa bus station and not too far from Victoria Square either, but I didn't have a great sleep neither did my accompanying companion as we found the bed was quite uncomfortable and the shower drain was blocked and when prodded to try clear some of the water emerged a lot of dirt which came along with a horrible smell.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Rose731,

I am sorry your stay wasn't as great as we would have hoped it to be, I really would urge you to report issues during your stay to give us the opportunity to fix them at the time. I hope you will give us another chance, and please don't hesitate in asking for me personally.

Carlow, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Days Hotel is easy to find and has a major plus in the free parking. The hotel itself is fine. We had ajoining rooms which were clean and comfortable. Its pretty basic. The food was fine. We had lunch there and were not particularly happy with the different dishes on offer for the same price. Chicken Goujons and lovely chips were fab but the vegetable broth was water and veg. We were not charged for the soup. Breakfast was an all you can eat affair!! The hotel is right beside Great Victoria Station. It has a view of a car park on one side and the murals on Sandy Row on the other! It was perfect for a one night family stay but I wouldn't recommend it to couples.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Bronagh M,

Thank you very much for your review, and for choosing to stay and dine with us, I am pleased my team sorted the issue for you during your stay. We hope you will choose us again.

london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed 2 nights booked the week before on booking . Com
I knew it was central and the area was sandy row - I knew what to expect based on previous reviews and own knowledge of the area and it exceeded my expectations entirely.
This is a good standard budget hotel it cost half the premier inn price - the bed was comfy the room was clean and there was coffee tea etc - dove body wash, hair dryer, iron , tv and free Internet and parking.

Staff were really friendly and helpful and if course it's very central about 5minute walk to city hall and 2 mins to the Europa bus station.

I would go back in a blink of an eye because it was great value.
Would I want to spend lots of time in the hotel if on holiday - NO!
Was it luxurious - NO!

Was it great value ,friendly, central and comfortable for 2 nights business and pleasure - YES

• Stayed February 2013
Dear 1shamrock,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us, I am delighted you had such a great time and that the hotel met all your expectations, please do visit again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Stay here with my daughter Keira age 11 for 3 day to visit titanic museum .Staff couldn't do enough for us .With a 5 minute walk from city center and 2 minutes from bus station couldn't be any better . Staff booked open top bus tour for us picked up outside hotel and got off at titanic ticket was valid for 3 days on and of anywhere anytime . Great value and better staff give it a try for only 39 pounds a night it wool take some beating

• Stayed April 2012
Dear jameskirk666,

Thank you very much for such a fantastic review! I do hope you will visit us again soon

Burt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here as we were attending a function in the city hall. Check-in was a bit of a disaster as they couldn't find our booking (which was pre-paid). It took them almost 1/2 an hour to get it sorted. When they eventually got it sorted, we made our way to our room and they got it wrong as well - we have booked twin rooms and they gave us double. Back to reception again - and by this time we were running late. Eventually we got into the room. Rooms were clean but basic. The staff were friendly and helpful. A well-priced budget hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear tullymore2,

Thank you for your review, I am so sorry that you had a problem with your reservation, please contact me direct so that I can look into this in further detail for you. I am pleased that it was sorted in the end and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay!

Melissa Eadie

Been to Days Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!