“Definitely better than a 3 star re. Customer Service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Days Hotel Belfast

You added Days Hotel Belfast to your Saves list
Days Hotel Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 Hope Street, Belfast BT12 5EE, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%, Book in Advance
Ranked #30 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
EIRE
“Definitely better than a 3 star re. Customer Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Arrived on a cold, damp night at around 7.00pm to be met and checked in with no fuss or loitering by a really efficient and charming young man. We were very pleased with our room considering we were in a 3 star hotel. Very clean, warm and quite spacious. Ok the bathroom did not have Moulton Brown toiletries or shower caps nor were there fluffy dressing gowns and slippers there for our use but bearing in mind how much we paid for 2 nights I had no difficulty in bringing my own toiletries and slippers. ( With the room being so comfortably warm we didn't have any use for fluffy dressing gowns either!)
We decided to have dinner in the hotel as we were quite tired and it was raining outside and I'm glad we chose to do so. Service in the restaurant was excellent. Never before have I encountered such a charming, efficient, professional team of young men. I couldn't single one out for praise as they were all of a very high calibre. We chose to have roast of the day which was very well presented, delicious and good value for money. Breakfast the next morning was buffet style and plentiful with plenty to choose from.
This hotel deserves 5 stars for the very high standard of customer service it delivers and I sincerely hope management are aware of and appreciate the good work being done by the staff.
Since we seemed to have chosen the two wettest days this year to travel to Belfast we travelled everywhere by taxi so I can't really comment on the location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Days_Belfast, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear thingimayjig,

Very impressive review, thank you very much! I am very aware that my team are hard working and go out of their way to provide a high level of service, and I will most certainly be mentioning your great review to them!

Melissa Eadie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Polish first
Greenock, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Check in was a shocker , website states check in 2pm onwards, arrived at 4:39pm and only one room of the 5 booked was ready ,reception only had our group booked in for the 1 night , just by good fortune we had a copy of our 2 night booking ,,whilst sorting our problem out a second receptionist kept chirping in and arguing it is 2pm onwards for check in's , this was whilst dealing with other customers ,,we travel as a group 2 - 3 times a year to belfast and would sadly find it very unlikely to consider coming to this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed in Days hotel twice and my experiences are overall very good., Hotel is rated 3 stars, fine perhaps the room but the staff at reception and the breakfast should be rated well above 5 stars.

Days hotel is located cross the road from Bus Station (where you can take a bus to Dublin Airport and many other cities) and is in Belfast City Centre, where every major shopping stores are within walking distance.

Days hotel is the place where I would go again for my business in Belfast., and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Days_Belfast, General Manager at Days Hotel Belfast, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Cyrus k,

Thank you very much for your review, we are receiving many compliments in regards to our staff and I am sure they too will be delighted to read your kind comments.

Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I arrived on Thursdayevening to stay and although a reservation hadnt been made i was able to get a room for £65. On checking in which took 15mins and going to my room i went in to the bathroom to find hairs in the bathroom sink. I had a short meeting with my colleague in the room as it was the only seemingly quiet place in the hotel and during which received a telephone call advising that my mother wasnt well. I immediately left the room going downstairs to advise the lady (Duty Manager) who checked me in. I asked an English male receptionist if i could speak to her about a private matter and was asked to take a seat in the foyer area. I noticed the lady and other receptionists had finished off with other guests straight after i sat down however i sat for 13mins and not one person came near me or acknowledged me. I left the foyer area and left the hotel leaving my keys on the reception desk. The next morning i emailed the general manager and still after sending a second email to her have still not heard anything from anyone. This is nothing short of a disgusting way to treat your guests and i will never ever recommend this hotel to anyone again. As far as i am concerned the hotel have taken £65 from me to put me in a dirty room and treat me with no respect whatsoever. There are plenty of other hotels in Belfast and all of which will be better than this experience.

Room Tip: Dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear actorguy79,

Thank you for your review, I must correct you in saying that I have not responded to you, when in actual fact you had given me a deadline before threatening to post a review and also to speak to the press as you had found a hair in your plughole, you had in fact not e-mailed me but another department, in my e-mail I also explained that I had investigated the matter as I do with all concerns before replying to you. The Duty Manager was dealing with a reservation on the telephone at the time and went straight out to speak to you after the call had finished but you had left. I have refunded you fully as I am aware you had to leave quickly, I am sorry that my apology and refund was not enough, and I would ask you to read our other reviews in regards to customer service and cleanliness.

Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a smashing hotel with clean and spotless rooms and friendly staff

Its very central for visting the many attractions Belfast has to offer.

I booked a few months in advance and got a special rate which is always helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dublin1854,

Thank you very much for your review, we pride ourselves on our high levels of cleanliness and have recently scored very highly on our annual audit. I do hope you will consider us again on your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

was great and handy for us had concert in odynessy perfect staff where great clean and tidy wud use dis again apart from our room was beside lift hear it all nite but apart from dat great location and great hotel wud use days again thanks price was excellent

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Days Hotel Belfast? Share your experiences!