“Sunday Visit to MAC” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Theaters
Attraction Details
“Sunday Visit to MAC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Went to see Incredible Book-eating Boy. Excellent. This superb production had me lost in Henry's little but larger-than-life world. When it ended, and lights went on, it was back to a plain and stark reality. With good theatre you have to manage how you come down off the high. However, outside, in the calm space of St. Anne's Square, a sense of theatre was returned. How lovely.

Visited December 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at Metropolitan Arts Centre, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Hi Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your visit to the MAC. We’re delighted that you really enjoyed the show.

Look out for details on our website in the New Year for the family fun activities planned for 2013; we have lots of family workshops and a host of shows from Belfast Children’s Festival. Details will be on the website in January.

4 attraction reviews
“Visit to the MAC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The building is situated in a lovely refurbished area but I felt there not a lot on offer. Just my opinion. The concept, through advertising is very appealing but the reality well that is somewhat different.
Go see for yourself

Visited October 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at Metropolitan Arts Centre, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hi Katie

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you didn’t enjoy your visit. However our programme in our 3 galleries and in the 2 theatres changes regularly throughout the year.

Without knowing exactly when you visited, we can’t be sure what was on at that time but perhaps you might enjoy the wide range of things we have on in the building at the moment.
We currently have three different exhibitions across our 3 galleries with artists Claire Morgan, Mary McIntyre and Peter Doig. Our family Christmas show, The Incredible Book Eating Boy, and an exhibition of Oliver Jeffers’ illustrations from the book. As well as our version of a Christmas wonderland, The Wishful Wood, and our Incredible Edible Christmas tree created by the organic farmers at Root & Branch Organic.

We hope that you will return again in the future, when you might better enjoy what we have on offer throughout the building. To keep up to date with what’s going on, visit themaclive.com or you can register to our mailing list - http://themaclive.com/talk-to-us/sign-up.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic first trip to the MAC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went to the MAC for the first time at the beginning of December and was highly impressed by the whole experience. From the architecture of the building, to the pleasant staff- who were more than helpful and the incredible christmas tree, which provides an interesting twist to the usual trees around Belfast. Whilst at the MAC, we went to see The Incredible Book Eating Boy. It was a fantastic production, which my sister and myself thoroughly enjoyed. I would highly recommend a trip to the MAC, not only over the festive season- but all year round.

Visited December 2012
Hi Victoria

Thank you for your feedback, we’re delighted you had an enjoyable visit to the MAC.

Our Christmas tree was specially created for us by organic farmers from Root & Branch Organic. In case you didn’t spot it on your last visit, we have an exhibition of Oliver Jeffers illustrations form The Incredible Book Eating Boy book too until 4 January. We also have free storytelling this weekend in the Wishful Wood, our version of a winter wonderland. For more details, visit themaclive.com.

We look forward to seeing you in the MAC again soon.

“MACnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I took my younger sister to see one of the first showings of The Incredible Book Eating Boy and needless to say both of us hugely enjoyed the experience. We arrived early and so we were able to have a look around and have a coffee and a hot chocolate. It was a great evening and I would highly recommend it to anyone especially if you can make one of the productions!

Visited November 2012
Newnan, Georgia, United States
15 attraction reviews
“Quality Theatre in Intimate Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

While in Belfast, I attended the MAC to see I Am My Own Wife. It was an outstanding production. The acting was among the finest I have seen and the play was fascinating. I enjoyed the theatre very much. The MAC has visual arts on display for free and they even offer food and drinks in their restaurant on site. It was a lovely evening and a great addition to our vacation.

Visited September 2012
MAC_Belfast, Manager at Metropolitan Arts Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to the MAC.

We’re delighted that you visited the MAC while you were in Belfast and that you really enjoyed seeing ‘I Am My Own Wife’. If you return to Belfast, we hope that you will drop in again to see what’s new.