“Bad service!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Vegetarian, Bistro, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The food at home is vibrant and bold yet familiar and comforting making our customers happy and our team proud. Made fresh every day, free from preservatives and colourings, we always try to source our foods locally from Northern Ireland or as close to home as we can. Top class meats as well as veggie, vegan and gluten free.
“Bad service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Been here 3 times- the 1st for lunch was great really nice and one guy who served me and my sister had a lovely time :) however, both times since then have been terrible! Bad service, long wait for food, waiting for table with not enough seating! I really wouldn't go again.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“great food...terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went to Home with a group of friends during the week. Was very impressed with the menu, but noticed that it was quite expensive compared to other similar restaurants in the city centre/ east belfast that we would usually go to. However, I assumed that it would be worth paying that bit extra for excellant food and service. The food was amazing, no complaints at all. We all enjoyed our meals.
However, the service during the whole experience was sloppy and almost quite dismissive and rude at times. It was very difficult to get the attention of the waiting staff and when we did they always seemed to be in a rush to get away even though the restaurant was really quite quiet.
Such a pity because the food was delicious and at a time when the city centre restaurants are asking for the support of the public it would be a pity to be lose business by the waiting staff in what should have been a fantastic dining experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Ireland
“Great Food, and lovely service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went here before Christmas as part of a fairly large group of about a dozen people including a 3 year old child, to celebrate an occasion.

The food was amazing. Service excellent. The staff were also lovely with the toddler, who was welcome in the restaurant even though it was evening - we dined at about 630pm.

Can't wait to go back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lives up to reputation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I'd been wanting to try Home for some time now, and was proud to go in and support them during Operation Sit In a couple weeks back. Ordered the monkfish with oxtail and white bean cassoulet, and it was amazing. The fish was sturdy, beautifully cooked, absolutely succulent. The oxtail underneath was done equally beautifully and might be my new favorite meat. We ordered a bottle of the house white which tasted crisp and was a good value for money. Would definitely eat here again, I've heard it's fabulous for lunch as well!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ireland
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Both my wife and I went to this restaurant just after Christmas ( Jan 13) , in my opinion it was alright probably a better place for lunch breakfast etc not overly impressed for an evening meal. Parts of the meal were fine, my wife had rabbit to start with which she enjoyed, I had squid not great to be honest. I thought the staff were very attentive however very few in the place. I would suggest that you give it a go, would be good for a girls night out as the tables are well set out.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere