“stena line are fantastic i always travel with them” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 122 Attractions in Belfast
Type: Ferries/ Boats, Outdoors
21 attraction reviews
“stena line are fantastic i always travel with them”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked a haven holiday through stenaline for me my husband and 3children staff so friendly, boat has so much to entertain the kids and adults with bar, restaurants, shop and play area on board time flew by. I got a package holiday with stenaline and the price was cheap compared to anyone :)

Visited July 2012

Wicklow, Ireland
“Princess n Pirates Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went on this cruise yesterday we had the most amazing trip there was so much for the kids to do such as face painting magic tricks treasure hunts an of course minnie mouse.The food on board was a little expensive but was nice all in all this is a great trip an will be going again for defo

Visited April 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“A Pleasant Change”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having not used a car ferry for many years I really enjoyed this ferry trip.It was actually much more relaxing than flying.Used Stenaplus lounge which was really comfortable with complimentary snacks & drinks & free wifi.I will certainly travel on this ferry again.

Visited February 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Like a floating hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Had my first trip on this boat last night for the Stena Line Burns Night Cruise. The whole experience was wonderful. The food was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful (particularly Tracy), and the interior was very comfortable. We availed of the free x-box games and internet access points and enjoyed browsing the extensive selection of perfumes in the shop. I can not fault this boat in any way and look forward to my next trip with Stena Line.

Visited January 2013
Belfast
5 attraction reviews
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I used the Ferry for the 'Rail and Sail' package to Edinburgh for Hogmanay.

I travelled on the early morning service. The ship was clean, tidy and had plenty of different areas to explore. Unfortunately, a couple of things let the trip down. I queued for 25 minutes, to get breakfast in the cafe, there seemed to be a lot of staff working however they all appeared to be 'doing there own thing', there was no co-ordination amongst them. For example, they were serving one customer, going to get toast, and then waiting of the chef providing the food, rather than working the queue and serving the next customer whilst they were waiting. The food itself was tasty, albeit a little on the expensive side £8 for a sausage & egg bap and a drink. I was able to get a comfortable seat for the duration of the sailing,

The return journey was very packed, At the port the walkway was broke and we had to be transported to the ship via bus, which caused a lot of frustration amongst passengers, as there was a mad 'surge' to get a seat on the sailing when we got onboard. I managed to mind a comfortable little spot for myself on a bench! Some passengers were left to wander around during the crossing.

Arriving back in Belfast there was a 30 minute wait for the bag I checked in.

Positives:
Cheap to travel
Allows feasibility of carrying large amounts of luggage

Negatives:
Onboard catering expensive
Possibility of slow service from catering staff
Might not get a seat.

Would I travel again? - Yes probably as long as I wasn't in a rush.

Visited December 2012