“Fabulous food lovely staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 4th Wall, Belfast

4th Wall, Belfast
St Anne's Square | Cathedral Quarter, Belfast BT1 2LR, Northern Ireland (City Centre)
+44 28 9027 8707
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 737 restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Doing business, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: City Centre
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food lovely staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have eaten here three times now and loved it, went with my partner on first occasion round Christmas and was pleasantly surprised. Took my daughter and her boyfriend they loved it and when asked where they wanted to eat last week they both replied The 4th Wall.
Lovely bistro with good Irish fare cooked exquisitely and served by helpful and friendly staff. Hope it survives in Belfast it really does deserve to.

• Visited December 2012

81% Recommend
Belfast
“Pleasantly pleased.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We dined in 4th wall on Saturday 19th January. There was four of us as we shared prosecco and wine. The selection of drinks was excellent, my Pinot Grigio was so refreshing as was the Botter prosecco. And we rounded off our meal with some espresso martinis. Delish!
To start I went for the goats cheese, which are little fritters accompanied with fresh tomatoes and dressings, a perfectly sized starter to get the taste buds going.
3 out of 4 of us ordered the sirloin cooked medium with the fat cut off as that is our preference and the staff were happy to oblige. The other diner had the duck breast.
The steaks came out beautifully displayed on a wooden board and can only be described as the most flavoursome steak I've had in a rather long time. We ordered medium and they came out with a hot pink centre. Perfect!
I based the decision if taking the 3 other people to 4th wall based on its trip advisor reviews and I am pleased with that choice and look forward to going back in the near future.
Food, staff, drinks and welcoming attitude are the things that make this restaurant great!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Donegal
“birthday celebrations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Fantastic setting, a wee separate bit of Belfast, clean and sophisticated square away from the grim of the rest of the city. There were 12 of us out for a double birthday celebration. We were made very welcome and the service was excellent. The food was well-presented and very tasty. I had the lamb which was delicious. I tasted the steak. The steak portions were generous and the taste of the meat was very good. The steaks were properly chargrilled to liking. I was a bit difficult asking for the odd thing that wasn't on the menu and they were very accommodating. The veg was all lovely and needs a special mention for freshness and taste. I would definitely recommend it for both couples and groups.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Everything Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

As my birthday and my girlfriends fall very close together we decided to head out for dinner with a group of friends. We decided on the Fourth Wall and I am so glad we did. From the moment we set foot across the door the service was beyond excellent, from our coats being taken to the ordering of a round of drinks nothing was too much trouble and everything done with a smile!
The menu is exciting and the Black Pudding puree is to die for. The members of our group who had steak all commented on the quality of the meat and they were all cooked to perfection.
There were 12 of us in total and everyone had a thoroughly enjoyable experience, we will all definitely be back!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Relaxed atmosphere with excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my first visit to the 4th Wall and cant wait until my next! The relaxed atmosphere was ideal for our large party (14 of us) and the service was excellent.

Everyone enjoyed their food, the steak was superb and all cooked to our perfectly to our requests. We choose cocktails instead of desserts..........even choosing one which wasnt on the menu, all at very reasonable prices!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere