“Sunday Carvery” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Northern Ireland
“Sunday Carvery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Once again we went for the carvery on Sunday. Well worth the trip. Pricewise we think it's excellent value for money. Lots of choice and we enjoy the overall surroundings.
My daughter had her wedding after party in the hotel as well in October, and a great night was had by all. Quite a few of us stayed over and welcomed the great choice of breakfast.
Staff are so welcoming and nothing is of bother to them.
Already lloking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear carian-9

Thank you for posting your kind comments during your recent trip to The Ramada Plaza. We are delighted to hear you once agained enjoyed the choice and surrounding facilites we have on offer. Its always a pleasure to know our customers feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable visit. Ensuring you of our best service at all time.

Geraldine McLarnon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Was not worth the price rooms were not up to much , were cold and couldnt get any sleep because of the noise i know this was december and there were christmas partys but could of kept the other residents away from the ones that were there for there christmas party when checked out was not even asked if i enjoyed my stay.What they call the smoking area didnt even have an outside heated .

• Stayed December 2012
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear bowler 12

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate all your comments and are disappointed to find that you had a few issues during your stay. As you mentioned at this time of year we have a lot of xmas parties in the hotel which i can understand if you have been disturbed by noise of other guests. However we do always try to allocate rooms on different floors to eleviate this, this is usally asked on check in and is usually indicated by the guest what function or party they are with before allocating a required room. With reference the heating in the room, we do have a heating control sytem in all our rooms which you can adjust accordingly, if there was a problem we would have been only to happy to get our maintenance team to sort this out if this had been reported. Once again we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have cause during your stay.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently stayed at the hotel for a family Christmas trip. Was very impressed with the facilities and the food was great. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and made the children feel very welcome. Will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Dear Heather r

Thank you so much for your kind review during your stay at The Ramada Plaza. We are always glad to hear our customer comments and are delighted to know you found our facilities, food and service pleasing during your christmas trip. We do hope to welcome you back for another visit in the future.

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a stay here for work, weather was lousy but the hotel brought a ray of sunshine into the day! Rooms were great as was the free bar, spa was above average. Only real minus was very average food in the Indian restaurant within the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Paul N

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ramada Plaza Belfast, we appreciate your kind comments and are glad you found our hotel facilites enjoyable and brought that ray of sunshine to your working visit. In our businesss we always strive to give the best quality product from our service and food to suit all our customers needs and to improve even better through our variety that is offered within the hotel. We take your feedback on board, and hope we can have the opportunity again to provide the hospitality we offer at The Ramada Plaza Hotel.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently was at a function a the Ramda Plaza Belfast and stayed overnight, the service was fantastic, staff friendly and courteous, the room was spacious and value for money and the food was fantastic....very good indeed and value for money, I would certainly stay again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms on level two towards the back of the hotel are very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Samantha C

Thank you for your kind comments we very much appreciate your review during your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you found our service of our staff friendly and courteous excellent, and facilities to your pleasing. We are happy that we made that difference to have a enjoyable stay. Lovely to hear that you would stay with us again, we do lookforward to welcoming you back for another visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a formal business evening. Check in was smooth, the reception area is spacious and welcoming. Plenty of on site parking. Room was very spacious and clean. Bed was very comfortable. The facilities at the hotel are good which lends itself to 4 stars. I did not use the gym or pool but I did enjoy the Spa with a full massage.
The only complaint was the service. In the bar area, I found the staff very short and sharp in tone and felt as if we were a problem for them rather than paying guests. Served us tea with no cups for 10 mins. Asked for a prawn/slamon salad and what I got was 2 bits of wheaten bread with prawn/salmon & 5 lettuce leaves. Not what I call a salad. At evening dinner, my napkin was snatched from me by an older lady (Function staff). No please/thankyou or excuse me. They lifted plates, cutlery and glasses before you had finished and again, it seemed we were the problem and they wanted us out so they could get home. Silver service it is not and most staff would be better serving in a local bar where they can treat the customer with contempt and attitude.
Looking forward to breakfast but that again was a let down. I found the staff slow to respond, the coffee was luke warm and bitter and tasted like a cheap coffee. The continental breakfast consisted of slices of ham which was not diplayed very nice and looked as if it had been there some time as well as the cheese. I went with the porridge and it was tasteless had been made with water and was more like wallpaper paste. Ended up with cooked breakfast but again was cold.
Would I stay again? only if I needed to for a function but would go elsewhere for breakfast. Would I recommend this place to visitors. Not sure, depends what people regard good service but to compare to other 4 star hotels, no, I would not.
If staying here. You will need a car to get into city though they do run a shuttle bus.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear navigator

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback both positive and negative comments during your stay with us. We are extremely disappointed to hear you encountered a few issues at this time and completely understand your comments with reference to the quality of service you received. At the Ramada Plaza it is our objective to deliver a high standard of customer service, where on this occassion we failed to deliver our normal service standards. We very much appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will certainly investigate these matters with our senior managers within their departments to counteract your points mentioned.
However we are glad that you found our facilities from reception checkin and accommodation comfortable clean and spacious satisfactory and enjoyed the pleasure of our spa treatments. We do hope we can get the opportunity to welcome you back for another visit in the future where we can ensure you of our best of service at this time.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I stayed in the Ramada plaza on a Monday and Tuesday night for business in the hotel and had a pleasant experience.
The hotel seemed very empty, probably because of the days of the week.
Attentive staff at check in, clean room, pleasant food in restaurant. Coffee and tea were good.
Helpful staff through out my stay. When the honey and whiskey ran out and my partner asked them to refill it they brought it over to our table when they had refilled it which we didn't expect.
I accidentally left my phone in the hotel room on check out and drove down the road and back again - was given a key to the bedroom to check it straight away but before I could get there one of the household staff approached me in a very discreet way and asked which room I'd been in, and only after confirming I was in the correct room did she produce my phone. Nice to know it wasn't going to be given to any stranger.
Taxi's into Belfast city cost only £7 - the nearest bus stop is about a 15 minute walk away.
The distance into the city centre would put me off if I was there for holidays in belfast city centre.
I had been putting meals on the room during my stay and I wasn't presented with an itemised bill on checkout, just told the amount. Everything was correct but I'd prefer to check it myself prior to payment.
Also, as is often the case of hotels of this age and class the shower was decidedly lacking pressure. You could get clean but it was no rain shower.
Those small issues aside, I would definitely consider a midweek stay in the Ramada Plaza again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GeraldineMcL, Manager at Ramada Plaza, Belfast, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Irish Rover24

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you had a pleasant experience during your business trip and found everything satisfactory. At the Ramada Plaza it is our main objective to deliver a high level of customer service and appreciate your kind comments on our staff throughout your stay. Your feedback is valuable to us and take on board your relevant comments.
We are glad to hear you would consider another break in the future and do look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Plaza Belfast.
Geraldine McLarnon

Been to Ramada Plaza, Belfast? Share your experiences!