“Decent hotel in central Belfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Belfast

You added Holiday Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
alb
“Decent hotel in central Belfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here two nights last week with three of my kids (2 teens and a 20 yr old). The room easily fit the 4 of us, very comfortable beds, quiet room, and the breakfast buffet was very good. My daughter loved the pancake machine. The hotel itself was in good shape, standard for a nicer Holiday Inn. We were a couple of blocks from where the city tour buses leave from, many restaurants nearby although no laundromat - we were halfway through a 2 week trip. We had requested an early check in which they were not able to provide, but the room was ready by the end of our city tour. The staff were very friendly.

We had no problems with the wi fi in the rooms, but there was a limit of 2 devices connected at a time (with two teens and a 20 yr old this was a minor issue).

I would definitely return to Belfast, lots to see there and nearby. I would certainly consider this hotel again, though if I was traveling alone or just with my wife, I would likely look for a smaller place with more European character.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GMHolidayInnBelfast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Belfast, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, really appreciated.

Very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and in Belfast and the team looked after you well.

We get a lot of great comments about our breakfast and the pancake machine is Very, Very Popular and not just with the children! The WiFi thing is interesting I was not aware there was an issue with more than two devices and will look in to that, thank you for bring it to my attention.

Your comments have been passed on to the team and thank you again for taking the time to post them.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the HIB in the future.

Iain McGuigan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Greek first
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stay was ok, parking is located closely in a public parking. Short walking distances to sights. Friedliness of staff was average, dinner in the restaurant was good, facilities were old - no free wifi in the rooms

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Hmmm, disappointed that your stay was not great, that is what we aim for all of the time, glad you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant.

A little confused about the internet issue as WiFi is free throughout the hotel, it does require a password entry which is given by reception but there is no charge for it. Maybe the requirement for a password caused confusion.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to get your review award up in the near future.

Thank you again for your comments which have been passed on to the team.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I hate to give negative reviews but I had a poor experience and don’t plan to return. On the plus side there has obviously been great attention paid to decorating the rooms and lobby. My bathroom was one of the nicest I have ever seen. The lower tier staff were quite friendly and warm and one front desk staff member really was quite exceptional in her help and guidance. My bed was very comfortable. On the negative side, I had to wait three days for a telephone that worked. Upon arrival, I requested to be transferred to a room with a working phone and the manager nonchalantly and coldly explained that due to an event, all the rooms were fully booked. When I asked the front desk staff if rooms normally came with a mini fridge, she explained that they didn’t but an exception would be made for me and a “cooler” would be brought in. Unfortunately, the cooler that came faster than the telephone had two dead flies in it. Overall, breakfast was average. I think this hotel would be quite adequate for males looking for a place to stay for a day or two. I wouldn’t recommend it for seniors or females and definitely not for female solo travellers. This hotel didn’t strike me as four stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is really appreciated.

Reviews such as this are the equivalent of taking a very cold shower for the whole of the team and has caused much discussion amongst the team.

They have asked to pass on their genuine and full apologies that your stay did not match your, or our, high expectations. We have let ourselves and, more importantly, you the customer down. I'm sorry.

There are no excuses for the phone not being fixed or replaced or for a spare cooler not to be checked and placed in your room sparkling. Not good enough and I would like to assure you that this experience is not at all indicative of our usual service or standards as I hope other review will prove to you.

I was pleased to read that other aspects of your stay were more positive and the whole team and I hope on a future visit you will give us the opportunity to show you our true colours.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Spent 6 nights here, beds extremely comfy, so clean, staff was amazing and helpful. Best hotel i have ever stayed in. I will go back if in Ireland, only bad thing was WIFI didnt work well in rooms. Pool was great and clean, nice sauna and steam with gym. All modern. House keeping was great. Just a great place to stay. Location in walking distance to everything.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your review, much appreciated by the whole team.

Makes the job for all of us worthwhile when we get a header such as Just Perfect, thank you, it is a great motivator for the team.

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team looked after you so well. Sorry about the internet performance, it is usually the fastest and most reliable in the city. Next time make sure you let us know as we have a 24 hour support service on it and it may be an easy and quick fix.

Glad you enjoyed the pool and Leisure Club, it is one of our big unique plus points as none of our competitors have such a facility.

Hopefully you will be returning soon for Belfast part two. Thank you again for your review.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

stayed at hotel for one night with my daughter who was working in Belfast. From booking the hotel with the reservations manager to the lovely check in staff everything was perfect. Lovely room with great bathroom, with executive room extras put into room - could not have an exec room as we wanted a twin. Thank you again to all concerned and can't wait to come back to such a lovely hotel in such a friendly city.

Room Tip: As read on trip advisor - 7th floor was perfect
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review of your stay at the HIB.

Delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and the team welcomed you warmly, as did Belfast, you're right it is a very friendly city, we get that feedback a lot.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

My first stay at this hotel in Belfast and I will be returning. The hotel is very central within walking distance of all local amenities. The rooms was very comfortable with bath and shower and fantastic air condition the only downside was the hair dryer which was pretty standard but not great. I did feel however that the chambermaid could of taken more casre when cleaning the room as it looked rushed. I had my evening meal in the bar which has a great choice of food and wine (wine was expensive) and breakfast had a really wide choice. The staff were really helpful and very friendly I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay, really appreciated.

Lovely to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning, have passed your comments on to our housekeeping department, sorry if it was rushed, we have been incredibly busy recently but that is no excuse.

Happy to read that you enjoyed the food and breakfast and we will work hard to turn that four in to a five on your next visit.

Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel the rooms were big and spacious, air con all working complete faultless, the staff were very friendly I visited the Titanic experience and the staff called us a cab, bar and restaurant food very nice, close to shops and restaurants all within walking distance, ideal hotel if your visiting Belfast

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review it is greatly appreciated.

Very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, the staff looked after you and that you enjoyed our restaurant, we put a lot of effort in to providing great local ingredients and love it when that is recognised.

Your comments have been passed on to the team.

Thanks again for your time and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Iain McGuigan

Been to Holiday Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!