“Good rooms - would use again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Belfast

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 43 hotels in Belfast
Wales
“Good rooms - would use again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

First stay at this Hotel .... initial fun & games to find as SatNav takes you around the corner from Hotel (by BBC building) ... so a bit of fun finding the place.
Initial impression good ... bright, clean reception, welcoming staff.
Had an upgrade to club room ... and the room was fine, nice wide screen TV, good sized room, good sized bathroom.
The issue we had (wife & I) was that the bead was awful .. I mean truly awful, had no support at all, serious 'roll together' we both kept rolling into a trench in the centre ............ this was either an old and worn out mattress or had been bought at the pound store.
I do over a 70 nights a year in IHG hotels ... and this was the worse bed, and as a result the most uncomfortable nights sleep I have ever had - you could feel the frame of bed poking into your back.

Food ... we eat out in the evening ... loads of places to eat within a very short walk .... turn left at end of road and walk for 2 mins and you are surrounded by restaurants. We ate at a small Italian 5 min walk .. Carlittos' which was fine ...
No shortage of choice nearby.
Parking is not good at the hotel, any spaces are 'pay & disply', and you would to be up early to avoid being 'expired'
However a large secure NCP multi-storey is behind hotel and the Hotel will validate your token so you get fixed price of £8 This does lock down at night so be warned it is no 24Hr access.

Breakfast at Hotel was good ... and often a let down at HI, Egon Ronay it isn't but certainly edible and plenty of it.
Would have no hesitation in using this hotel again if I need to go back to Belfast.

Room Tip: Be a member of Priority club - it may get you an upgrade
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHolidayInnBelfast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Belfast, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you very much for your review it's greatly appreciated.

It's lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I have passed all your comments on to our team.

I was concerned to read your comments about the bed as they are all very new and the general feedback we get is that they are extremely comfortable. Housekeeping are going around testing all the beds to see if they can find your room and I have sent you a private message to see if you can remember it.

I would like to reassure you that we take our commitment to a great nights sleep extremely seriously and we replace any beds / mattresses that our broken as soon as it comes to our attention.

Glad you liked our location, we believe it to be the best in the city, just steps from the centre yet on a quieter road so less noise. Also your comments on breakfast, we are half way through upgrading this further, look out pancakes coming soon!

By the by I haven't heard of Egon Ronay in years and had to explain who he was to my somewhat younger team, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

I hope we can welcome you back to the HIB very soon and again thank you for your comments.

856 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

I spent a few nights here this month and am confused why the reviews are so poor.

The hotel was clean and my room was very nice and well maintained. I wanted an inner city hotel with swimming pool. This also has a hot tub, sauna, steam room and spacious gym.

The breakfasts were expensive, but in fact are plentiful and to a high standard.

The staff could not have been nicer too.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you very much for your review it is really appreciated by us all at the HIB.

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us, our Spirit Health Club is a real selling point for the hotel as we're the only hotel offering a swimming pool in Belfast.

Glad you enjoyed your breakfast with us, I always recommend that if your breakfast is not inclusive in the rate that you buy a voucher at reception which is £8.50.

I agree this is more than you would pay at the local cafe / or Wetherspoons I would also say that we offer a hugely wider choice, great quality and as it is a buffet unlimited quantity of both food, juices and hot beverages.

Also if your bringing a family remember Children eat free at Holiday Inn's.

Thanks once again for your great comments and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to our great city.

KInd regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A modern well-placed hotel, ideal for brief business visits. Arriving mid-evening, the welcome at reception was warm and efficient. My room was comfortable and clean, but disappointingly the wifi charges seemed quite steep. My biggest issue was breakfast - a buffet counter with two unappetisingly congealed fried eggs and a pile of over-cooked sausages. No sign of a chef cooking fresh eggs to order.Not good enough!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay.

I was disappointed to read your comments about breakfast and offer my genuine apologies that it was not up to our normal high standards. I have already spoken to our Chef about your commnets and Anthony has asked to be associated with my apologies. We take great pride in offering a really tasty appetising breakfast and you constructive points have been taken fully on board.

With regard to the sausages I would say that we offer two types here, pork sausages and beef sausages. The beef sausages are very dark looking and this can be confused for looking over cooked which I assure you they are not.

I hope we have the opportunity to show our true colours on a future trip and turn you in to one of our fans.

Thank you again for your comments.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Location and the spa is the best thing about this hotel, I really enjoyed the sauna and swimming pool , need that after a night out, the reception on arrival gave me a face ( I hate it when they do it , Jeez I do have money to pay this accommodation ) and let me wait for hours for my room without notifying me when it was ready ( I have to asked 3 times and got the face again!!! ) got a really un zen room , my little niece who came to visit me was crying out loud as soon as she entered my room , smelly and not really nice looking !, but the staff in the bar downstairs was lovely…. And the gym and spa staff as well, like them very much, professional and polite really helpful. … despite the room quality and the rudeness from the staff, for the spa facilities I would recommend this hotel to my friends, I even would love to come back! I will take the “face” from reception as granted ! and ignored it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

The only face we ever want you to see from one of our staff is a warm and welcoming one with a genuine smile so I really apologise for your most unwelcome, welcome.

Speaking of faces you should have seen Emma's, our reception manager's, when this comment was discussed at our weekly communications meeting. She will be discussing it with her team about how important the welcome is as well as keeping the customer informed if there is a delay on anything.

I would like to reassure that your experience is not at all reflective of our reception team, in fact I was genuinely surprised to read the comment.

Outside of that I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and agree our Spirit Health Club is pretty fantastic and very relaxing albeit the treadmills and weights area slightly less relaxing. I will also ensure you kind comments about our team in the bar and Spirit is fully passed on.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will come back along with your friends to enjoy Belfast as well as the hotel.

Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

2adults & 3 kids- had very pleasant stay for 3 nights. Very central. Short walk to town centre/ Victoria Sq shopping centre. Good restaurants in close vicinity. Staff exceptionally pleasant in all our dealings with them. Family-friendly. Used to free wi-fi so that was a negative. Nice pool. Good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for a great review of your stay at the HIB.

Really pleased you had a good time with us, we absolutely strive to be the family friendliest (not entirely sure that is grammatically correct) hotel in Belfast and having the pool, childrens packs and kids eat free policy really helps with that.

Internet is free with our Executive Rooms as our movies with plenty of children friendly films available and all "on demand" as well as lots of little extras. We also have free access to the Internet in our lobby point.

Thanks again for the kind comments and hope to welcome you back to Belfast and the HIB very soon.

Peebles, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good stay. Upgraded to an executive room which was very clean and fresh and had obviously been redecorated relatively recently. Very comfy bed. Breakfast was quite good - buffet style, plenty of choice. Staff were very friendly and the location is excellent. At the end of the day it is a Holiday Inn, so the hotel lacks a bit of character but in my opinion this is a good option for central Belfast.

Room Tip: Worth upgrading to executive room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review it is appreciated.

Very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found friendly and welcoming and yes we were fully refurbished around 20 months ago.

Thank you again for your commnets which have been passed on to the team and hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay, very family friendly with great swimming pool, just a two minute walk away from the Belfast City Hall and all of Belfast's great shopping. Had both breakfast and dinner and both were very good. Lots to choose from and reasonalbly priced. Open plan bar area which has a great atmospeher you could just sit by the window and watch the world go by. The hotel is modern yet still has that that Holiday Inn Feel about it. Lovely for a weekend getaway. Will be Back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GMHolidayInnBelfast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Belfast, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for posting your review, it is really appreciated.

It's wonderful to hear you had a great time with us, we love looking after the families and if the children stay in the same room they eat free which is a real bonus. I'm tempted to say every little helps but can't help feeling somebody got their before me!

I will make sure your comments are passed on to the team who work very hard to try and get them. Thanks again for posting.

We all hope to welcome you back to the HIB in the very near future.

Iain McGuigan

Been to Holiday Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!