First stay at this Hotel .... initial fun & games to find as SatNav takes you around the corner from Hotel (by BBC building) ... so a bit of fun finding the place.
Initial impression good ... bright, clean reception, welcoming staff.
Had an upgrade to club room ... and the room was fine, nice wide screen TV, good sized room, good sized bathroom.
The issue we had (wife & I) was that the bead was awful .. I mean truly awful, had no support at all, serious 'roll together' we both kept rolling into a trench in the centre ............ this was either an old and worn out mattress or had been bought at the pound store.
I do over a 70 nights a year in IHG hotels ... and this was the worse bed, and as a result the most uncomfortable nights sleep I have ever had - you could feel the frame of bed poking into your back.
Food ... we eat out in the evening ... loads of places to eat within a very short walk .... turn left at end of road and walk for 2 mins and you are surrounded by restaurants. We ate at a small Italian 5 min walk .. Carlittos' which was fine ...
No shortage of choice nearby.
Parking is not good at the hotel, any spaces are 'pay & disply', and you would to be up early to avoid being 'expired'
However a large secure NCP multi-storey is behind hotel and the Hotel will validate your token so you get fixed price of £8 This does lock down at night so be warned it is no 24Hr access.
Breakfast at Hotel was good ... and often a let down at HI, Egon Ronay it isn't but certainly edible and plenty of it.
Would have no hesitation in using this hotel again if I need to go back to Belfast.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Holiday Inn Belfast Hotel
- Belfast Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Belfast is a newly refurbished. modern, contemporary 4 star property located in the heart of the city with the Odyssey, Waterfront Hall and shopping areas just a few minutes walk away. It is the only hotel in Belfast with a Swimming Pool, alongside a stand alone club standard gym and beauty and health treatments. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure travellers including Kids Stay and Eat Free*. Facilities include 170 fully air-conditioned bedrooms including accessible Rooms (5 of which have roll-in showers), Super fast high speed Wi Fi throughout the hotel, conference and banqueting facilities for up to 600 people and a Spirit Health and Leisure Club which includes a swimming pool (no hoist available). The Hotel has a state of the art Academy Conference and Banqueting Centre boasting 9 purpose built meeting rooms Spirit Health and Leisure Club offers a gym and a large indoor heated swimming pool complimented by Spa and Beauty Therapists. Our Hotel Restaurant, Lounge and Bar offer tempting dishes including local specialities and the famous Holiday Inn Breakfast. We recommend the use of the secure National Car Park, off the Dublin Road and less than 1 minute walk from the hotel. Please see 'Packages' for special offers around fantastic visitor attractions such as Titanic Exhibition, W5, Oddyssey Arena, Black Cab Taxi tours and city tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.