“Mucha Gusto!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Ireland
“Mucha Gusto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Absolutely authentic Mexican food. No fuss, no frills, just great grub at a very reasonable price. Bring alcohol and an appetite and you won't be disappointed. Best Mexican food north of the Rio Grande!!

Visited November 2012

• Polish first
“love love love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am a Chalcos addict! I have been eating here for over a year now, either eating in with a group of friends, with my boyfriend or to get a takeaway. The girls are always really friendly and welcoming and are very attentive when I eat in. The overall atmosphere is quite chilled out. They serve the biggest most delicious burritos I have ever had. Everything tastes really fresh and flavorsome. Just got a veggie burrito and it was the biggest one yet ... I timed it and it took me a full 25 minutes to finish it with no breaks haha. Recommend :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast
“Great Food, even better service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've been going to Chalcos for about 2 years since it opened, and absolutley LOVE it! I used to be a boojum fan until I tried Chalcos and haven't been back to boojum since! The staff are always really friendly and helpul and always welcome you with a smile. Highly recommend going!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Lovely, but.........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We have been visiting Chalcos since it opened, preferring their flavours and ingredients over the other popular burrito bar in belfast. We usually go a couple of times a month and we never had any bad experiences with the food. However, on the past three occasions we visited, the portion sizes have definitely shrunk and the prices have not. We went this week putting our last visits down to a mistake but when we visited we got half a spoon of rice (if even) on our burritos the pepper and bean portions were skimpy too. Chalcos used to fill us for hours but the last few occasions this did not happen! We would regret not going back to chalcos, but if the portions arent increased or price decreased we regulars will not be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very Bad Customer Service, Small Portions.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited this place when it first opened in December of 2010, and thought "wow a real burrito bar", staff were nice, food was really good and the portions were enormous.

Fast forward 2 years, and i can't bring myself to go back - rude staff who don't want to be there - obviously not hired for their customer service skills, and who's attitude exudes an underlying feeling that its a chore to serve the paying customer.

The portions are now literally literally half of what they were when they first opened - a small spoonful of rice and a half portion of meat. after eating a burrito at 6pm, i was hungry again by 9pm. My girlfriend doesn't take any salsa, jalapenos, guacamole, sauce etc - when she asked for a little extra sour cream (as the amount of sour cream given initially was paltry and she only had cheese and lettuce on her burrito so far) she was told she would have to pay an extra pound for it and the servers attitude over the matter was less than polite. She explained she wasn't having any salsas, jalapenos, guacamole or sauce - could it not be substituted? No , apparently not, she's have to pay £1 for a small spoonful of sour cream. Poor Customer Service!

Not trying to be really pernickety here, but when you've been a regular paying customer since day one - sending custom the businesses way - it feels a little raw. I shall be taking my custom elsewhere in future.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere