“great food and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Off royal ave between. Tesco and primary
belfast
“great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place was recommended to me by a friend, he was spot on!
Though we were walk ins, we were given a table after a short wait at the bar. Unfortunately I didnt get the name of our servers, but all three were attentive. I'd say my only small (really small) gripe was the dips with the poppadoms were sweet and had no kick :).
Rest of the food was great and I will definately be back soon. I noticed they are taking part in restaurant week so this would be a good oppportunity to try somewhere new.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belfast, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in Belfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I have lived in Belfast for only 4 months now and have eaten here a dozen times or more already which speaks volumes about how much we like it. The food is great, it is very reasonably priced and there is very little I could fault overall. Having lived in England for the 4 years before moving to Belfast it compares very well to any Indian restaurants we have tried in the past. I would highly recommend Safa to anyone eating out in Belfast. It is not a particularly big restaurant so it would be advisable to book a table in advance if planning to go on a Friday/Saturday night!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best Indian in Ireland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've been going to this restaurant for a year now and I've never been let down once in any respect. The surroundings, atmosphere and welcoming staff really make the visit worth while. The food is outstanding and not the typical Indian food we can sometime settle for (massive Indian food fan). The dishes are uniquely flavoured, presented perfectly and totally delicious (also amazing value!). Ali always makes our visit enjoyable with the care and attention you rarely see in eateries these days. I cannot recommend this place strongly enough if your local or if you're visiting. The location is also ideal for those who want to grab a seriously good bargain at lunch time (it's a steal) with a well-known traditional Irish pub situated directly below the restaurant. I could go on but if you like Indian food, it's a mistake not to visit this place! (Also a good idea to Like their facebook page to be kept up to date with offers and events)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Fabulous food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant was suggested by a friend and when I initially drove over I thought OMG how weird as there is a pub right beside it buy once you are inside you really wouldn't notice. The resturant is compact but perfectly formed! The waiter we had was quite rude. We only had time for a main course so we didn't get any starters or popadoms to his discust as he said "your not ordering popadoms or starters" this made us feel quite embarrassed to be honest and really put me off. Thankfully the food made up for this terrible service, stunning fresh food really authentic and flavoursome. I will definitely be back but I hope that waiter isn't working that day!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A great find in the City centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

If you've eaten in other excellent Indian Restaurants in Belfast as I have while on regular business trips then don't be afraid to try this one. Normally when as find a good one and I did in Belfast I usually return regularly. Don't get me wrong I will rotate good restaurants and this is definitely one for the rota. I had a Prawn dish for starter and it was very nice and just the right amount. For main course I had a dish that was recommended by the waiter. He suggested it was better with chicken but I choose to have it with lamb as I always think you can judge a good Indian by the quality of the lamb they serve. It was tender although not melt in the mouth but I couldn't complain. The service was good and if I had any constructive criticism it would be to turn down the music and I think more Indian style music would improve the atmosphere from good to perfect. The location is great because if you are staying in City centre hotel then you can walk and save on Taxis. This saving covers the few glasses of wine froma an excellent choice.