“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: European, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: New restaurant that provides fine dining in small dishes. Not quite tapas but similar prinicple.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dined here with my partner on Saturday evening. Wonderful experience from start to finish. We had the trio of soups for starter, hard to decide which one tasted the best. They all complimented each other perfectly. For Main course I had the Fillet steak and my partner had the cod. Both were so good we ended up swapping dishes half way though. Unfortunately we didn't leave room for desserts but the ones we saw going out looked delicious. Service was friendly and efficient but not in your face. The manager was particularly charming and it was clear to see he genuinely wanted his customers to feel happy. Excellent wine selection too. Will definitely be returning soon for a pre Christmas treat.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ireland
“Getting better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Hooples has improved since first opening. Quality of food is consistently good. Now started doing brunch which was excellent the day i tried.

Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Lovely place for brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I'd been curious to try here for a while especially when I found out it was open for brunch on Sundays. Inside is nicely decorated with classical music on in the background. It wasn't too busy so we were greeted straight away and led to a table. The food was fast in coming and service was pleasant but non-intrusive. We both had eggs benedict from the huge list of brunch dishes they had. These came with serrano ham, toast and hollandaise sauce and were lovely and not too heavy which was good. It started filling up just as we left feeling glad for something a bit different to start the day. Great place and I'll be back to try some of the other brunch dishes asap!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Ooh la la!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Went there with a friend the other evening, having booked via Facebook. Menu choice was vast and my friend had the pork stuffed with apricots and roasted root vegetables and I had the grilled asparagus, blue cheese and walnuts salad. Portions were huge and with sides of tripe cooked chips (oh my they were chunky and so crisp) and olives in garlic with peppers and un dried tomatoes we were stuffed. It was so good that even though we were full, we just kept eating. At the end we had to skip dessert and coffee and roll out of the door. The team were very tentative and welcoming. Great place for going solo, with friends, groups or family occasions. I will definitely be back to try another dish or two.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
belfast
“Ok food but over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ate here on Friday evening. The waitress was lovely and the food was fine! myself and my husband had a starter, main and coffee each and a bottle of wine to share and the bill was over £80- there is definaltely better places to eat in the area for this price

Visited October 2012