“Tasty Gear!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 811 Restaurants in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Organic, Coffee Shop, Grill, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Allotment Bistro serves only local fresh produce which is absolutely delicious even if i say so myself. We offer great service with a to do attitude in the restaurant and kitchen. A 5 star hygiene rating from the lovely people at the city council. Value for money menu not overpriced ..Some times i think underpriced! Please try us we are a small friendly restaurant who's essence is flavour and fresh! Thanks for taking the time to read Alex R
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Tasty Gear!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Very simplistic but rustic decor. The menu consists of locally sourced, tasty, beautifully presented and reasonably priced food . The waiting staff were very pleasant and attentive. Its situated right in the middle of the city centre so your a stones throw away from all the bars and clubs. I would definitely recommend!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cork, Ireland
“Simply delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We, a family of 5, had such a lovely meal there on our first night in Belfast that we had to go back the following night again! Our kids(ages 11,9,6) were spoilt rotten by the staff and when they heard our eldest was into cooking/baking, Lorraine(manager) offered to show them the kitchen. The food was excellent, I had fresh ravioli stuffed with crab with a delicious white wine sauce and my husband had a really tender duck breast with fresh veg. 2 of my kids had scampi and we all had to sample them, they were so good! I loved the fact that it was BYO which is not common for us down south. The 2nd night we went was my husband's birthday and Lorraine whisked the kids off to the kitchen after our main course for about 20 mins. They got to decorate a birthday cake for their dad with the lovely chef, Alex. All staff were so lovely, ignore all negative comments that were ever written about this restaurant, this is a great little restaurant and we will be back if ever in Belfast again. Thanks Lorraine for making our memories of Belfast extra special!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
“Excellent Food in Belfast City Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I had visitors over from the mainland and popped into The Allotment for lunch. We had Seafood Chowder which was served with fresh wheaten bread. It was outstanding. Plenty of chunks of salmon, smoked haddock and potato in a creamy soup. It was a hearty meal and I would not hesitate to recommend this fine Bistro to anyone. The bring your own with no corkage charge is another great plus for the Allotment Bistro Restaurant. Staff were friendly, seats were comfortable, toilet facilities were spotless. In the words of Arnie - "I'll be back" :)

Visited August 2013
“Very rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I can't give a review of the food as we didn't stay. A group of four friends arrived having booked for 8.30pm on a Thurs night. We were 5 mins late and as we came in were chastened by the waitress and informed that the kitchen was closing and we needed to order straightaway. They kept telling us how they should never have taken the booking and made us feel like it was our fault. After hustling us into ordering we decided that we weren't going to get to enjoy it at any leisurely pace, cancelled and left. At no stage were we apologised too, quite the opposite, they were just glad to see us go.
We were all looking forward to it so we were pretty annoyed to then have to leave in the pouring rain and find somewhere else. It seems they are having trouble getting diners - there was one other table who had finished and apparently they'd been standing around since 6.45pm according to the waitress. It's a slippery slope though if they can't even be bothered to keep the ones they get.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portavogie, County Down
“Consistantly excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I have eaten in this fine bistro on many occasions for breakfast, lunch and evenings. We have found it to be always excellent food, fantastic customer service and very well priced. The bistro is always clean and welcoming. I work in Belfast and rarely go anywhere else to eat, plus I have no hesitation in bringing friends and clients, I know we will always be well catered for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere