“Giants Causeway Tour with McCombs” 4 of 5 stars
Review of McComb's Executive Travel and Day Tours

McComb's Executive Travel and Day Tours
22-32 Donegall Road | inside Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast BT12 5JN, Northern Ireland
028 9031 5333
Website
Improve this listing
Visit like an insider
$14*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: McComb's Travel is Belfast's longest established Coach Day Tour Provider. We are the only tour company providing brand new luxury award winning coaches, offering passengers the upmost comfort, along with highly experienced friendly guides. We offer a day tour to Giant's Causeway, along with new Game of Thrones Tours, Cruise Ship Shore Excursions, Bespoke Private Tours and luxury travel.
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Giants Causeway Tour with McCombs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked this trip about 15 minutes before the tour left. They picked us up at our hotel at 9.30 and we were dropped off in the next street about 6pm. Price was reasonable but didnt include lunch. We didnt pay the additional money to cross the ropebridge or go in the visitor centre but trip was really enjoyable. The guide was knowledgeable and was a great way to see the sights with no hassle.

• Turkish first
karazulu
5 attraction reviews
“Giants Causeway with McCombs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife prebooked this trip online and was great value at £14 each for a full day tour. The Holiday Inn where we were staying arranged a hotel pick up for us and the coach arrived on time.
Our driver and guide Davey was first class, very knowledgable and friendly. When we booked we were fully aware of any extra charges for crossing the rope bridge and the visitor centre at the Giants Causeway, but we were also told that we could still see these free of charge. The tour has regular stops with the Giants Causeway being the obvious highlight. We visited mid February and although the weather was misty and we had some light rain, our time at the Giants Causeway was superb, the rock formations have to be seen as photos do not do them justice. We would have no hesitation in using McCombs again on any future trips to Belfast

London
“Good value and great guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I really enjoyed this tour and thought £14 was a fair price for the trip - given a day return trip from Belfast to Omagh on a regular public bus costs £13.60! I am a National Trust member so could go over the rope bridge and into the visitor centre at the Giant's Causeway free. If I weren't a member I would say the rope bridge is worth paying for (if it is open) but you can get down to the causeway free and the audio guide and visitor centre are OK but probably not worth £8,50. Our guide (wee Allen) made it very clear that the charges were optional and told us how much we could see without paying them. Our guide was friendly and informative and drove well and safely.
I would definitely recommend this trip

Belfast, United Kingdom
“THIS TOUR HAS HIDDEN CHARGES”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I travelled on this tour last Sunday 27/1/13 as i had some friends visiting from London The weather was quite bad but it is January and it is Ireland so nothing can be done about that. The tour cost me £25 each which i will come back to later. The person who was in some sort of converted broom closet in a hostel then asked me to go to the bus outside we sat on the bus having a chat amongst ourselves for about twenty minutes waiting to depart, then we were asked to move seat by the driver as a group of people had booked months in advance and they wanted our seats, reluctantly we moved further back in the bus and eventually continued with the tour.Later in the tour i asked members of the group had they booked the seats in advance and they said no that they booked late the night before online and more to my shock they had only paid £14 it just shows it pays to shop around. Then things get worse at the first stop the driver said we now must pay a further £10 each for the priviledge to cross the bridge and for acess to the Giants Causeway itself. Now I eing from Belfast and having visited the Causeway many times i knew the bridge does have a charge of about £5 and the Giants Causeway is free, i did not pay the fees and was able to go to the Causeway for free plus the bridge was closed due to bad weather. Do not pay the extra you can pay direct to the rope bridge and the Giants Causeway is free i should have taken the car.

Visited January 2013
London
3 attraction reviews
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Booked a tour for the giants causeway and all things involved as advertised on their brochure on Monday (21/01/13). It cost us £20 each which seemed relatively average for the tours. On the day it was very wet, snowy, icy and windy which was unfortunate but obviously out of their control. However as soon as we got on the coach (after confirming we wanted to spend £20 each) they driver informed us that the official lunch stop and visit to Bushmills whisky distillery was not going to happen as they were closed for the week. Again I understand this is out of their control but they could have informed us about this change when we booked or before we got on. Instead we stopped at a spar to get some items for lunch. The carrick-a-rede rope bridge was closed as well due to high winds but we could go and see it which i dont think was really worth it.

The brochure said that we would arrive back in Belfast at about 7 but we were actually back at 5. I just felt that with the closures and changes we should have at least been informed and perhaps offered an alternative or more time somwhere else or a partial refund (unlikely I know).

The worst part was the driving. We were 13 people in a large ~40 seater coach and the driver drove at high speed around very windy cliff top roads for the whole day. I was slightly uncomfortable for the entire time - not a nice drive along the antrim coast road I was expecting. My girlfriend felt rather ill for a lot of it. Another passenger was sick at one point and I mentioned it to the driver at the next stop but he didnt really seem that bothered.

The sites were very nice just disappointed by the tour operator. I wouldnt reccomend them on the basis of this trip.

Visited January 2013