“Couldn't have been better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
You added Old Rectory to your Saves list
148 Malone Rd., Belfast BT9 5LH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #4 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
“Couldn't have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

A friend and I had 2 rooms for 4 nights as a base for a short sightseeing break. What a comfortable and welcoming house this is and we had a great time. The rooms are stylish, clean and comfortable and attention to detail is good. The fresh milk for tea and coffee trays and good quality toiletries were appreciated (as was the use of an iron and ironing board). The star of the show though was the amazing breakfast experience! Just perfect.

For sightseeing purposes it is easy to get around. The bus stops just over the road going into the city and right outside coming back. We bought a daily ticket which was extremely good value for money. Buses are plentiful and take you right into the city within minutes.

Many thanks to Mary and her family for a wonderful stay. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor at the front. The road is busy but the noise didn't bother me once the wi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Loughton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just returned from a fantastic stay at the Old Rectory Belfast. Mary and her family are friendly, helpful and pleasant people. The house is very clean, spacious and caters for all your needs. The breakfast is outstanding, lots of choice and sets you up for the day. This B&B is on a main bus route into Belfast and all of the attractions. I highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights with family in 2 rooms (2 adults and 3 kids). We had a car and parking in front of house - a bit crowded when there were 4 cars. But very near the Malone / Lisburn Road and Stranmillis area by car with all the good restaurants. Ran by a very friendly couple. Breakfast was excellent with homemade breads, granola and jams. Must try everything in the menu including the Ulster Fry, Salmon Omelette, Salmon scrambled eggs, shredded duck and more. Rooms very homely with ensuite bathroom and lockable safe. A common mini-fridge was outside and free wifi in all areas (very important for kids). Slept soundly on the comfortable beds.

Stayed June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good size room, plenty of chairs and storage space. Excellent breakfast with range of options. Helpful owners and friendly atmosphere.Good bus service to city centre, slightly reduced on Sundays. Several good restaurants about half a mile away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stayed at the Old Rectory for 3 weeks while I was doing a work experience placement at Queen's University. It was very convenient for me to walk (30 minutes) or take the bus (10 minutes) to the campus. The food here is really excellent. I think I tried most everything on the breakfast menu and had several dinners in my room as well and it was all really good quality. My room did not have an ensuite but I had a private bathroom just down the hall which was fine by me. If I were to visit Belfast again I would definitely stay here. I would also recommend the Old Rectory to anyone I knew who was visiting Belfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

From the moment I arrived until the time I left was provided with excellent hospitality. Stayed one night as I had my Visa appointment in the morning which I was very kindly driven to by the hosts! Great breakfast and went out of their way to help me plan a day in Belfast, sort out transport etc as it was my first time. Good location and an overall pleasant stay. Would certainly recommend to others.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Naas, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Very enjoyable stay in this period Guest house with lovely decor and helpful hosts.

Breakfast stood up to its reputation with smoked salmon/scrambled eggs and Irish Mist creamy porridge on offer.

Very convenient for buses into city centre, however being on busy road, traffic noticeable during night if window open

Hope to visit again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Old Rectory? Share your experiences!