“Great stay at the Old Rectory Guesthouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
You added Old Rectory to your Saves list
148 Malone Rd., Belfast BT9 5LH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #5 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Coleraine
“Great stay at the Old Rectory Guesthouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I were attending an evening wedding reception at Deane's at Queens last Friday and I had booked us in to the Old Rectory Guesthouse and was so glad I had. We were greeted warmly by the lovely landlady who booked, who was very helpful and booked us a taxi to the evening reception as soon as we arrived which saved us the trouble. Our room was really lovely facing out onto the main Malone Road. Tea/coffee making facilities in room together with biscuits and outside our room there was a small fridge which had jugs of cold water and milk if we needed any extra. There was also a hairdryer in the room and toiletries in the en-suite. The bed was really comfortable.

Breakfast was beautiful and the home made fruit soda farls were delicious. The cooked breakfast was also delicious and if we have the occasion to need a place to stay overnight again in Belfast I think we would definitely consider the Old Rectory Guesthouse.

We would have no hesitation in recommending this lovely guesthouse to anyone and hope they enjoy their stay as much as we did.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were over for the Bruce Springsteen concert and so we chose this b and b as it was a perfect location only 10 minutes walk or so from the venue. However, we also had a really enjoyable stay, a warm friendly welcome, comfortable tasteful room - we knew that the bathroom for our use only was down the corridor when we booked and this was not a problem for us. The breakfast was delicious - lots of fresh fruit and homemade breads.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at Old Rectory for a week in July 2013 and were delighted. The longtime owners were away and two of their daughters were running things. Clearly they inherited the family DNA for hospitality and energetic service. The neighborhood is quiet and lovely--lots of interesting walks past mansions as well as regular-ol'-folks' homes. The rooms are comfortable (especially the mattress-wish mine at home was that comfy) and clean. We typically avoid B&Bs, preferring the privacy of a hotel...but this was a much better alternative. We had a double room ensuite, but I saw all the rooms at one time or another while they were being changed over -- and all are nice. We were there because of the proximity to a Springsteen concert, but found it was a nice walk to many good Lisburn Road restaurants, groceries and other needs. Also near the fabulous Ulster Museum, Queens University and on a major bus route. This is not a slick impersonal place -- it is a lovely home with scads of books around to read, nice common space and super professional, kind people in charge. We've already booked for another trip!

Room Tip: If you don't want stairs, ask for the double room on main floor. The rooms are all different and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Alamo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night in our travels around Ireland and LOVED every second of it. It felt like home, a break from the same old generic hotels we usually stay in. It was my daughter and son's first time in a B&B, and they were delighted to have their own room with two separate beds equipped with the "most comfortable mattresses of the whole trip." The cherry on top was the fresh squeezed orange juice and hand crafted breakfast that was offered in the morning. The host was extremely helpful in guiding us around the city and suggesting yummy places to eat in town. Great time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Been here few days ago in our way to our home, but I have to say that we felt in the same way like in our own home! Very very very clean and extremely accommodating. Breakfast was very nice cooked and service here is just fabulous. Will definitely stay here when in Belfast. Highly recommended to everyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Really loved this place.I've stayed in lots of b&b's, but it was the 1st time that I had a good mattress! I knew I was going to arrive in around dinner so I ordered my meal the night before and said time I'd be there. Service was brilliant, I was starving and they brought up dinner within 10 mins, delicious! The couple running b&b were so nice and welcoming. I didn't go for ensuit so my bathroom was a little away from my room but I didn't mind as it was lovely, big and cleaned everyday as was my room.food was do delicious,i ended up eating dinner there 3 of the nights. I could keep talking old rectory but I think you get the message. I really liked this place.

• Stayed July 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at the Old Rectory for two weeks while on business in Belfast. Could not have asked for a better place to stay - some of the friendliest, genuine, and kindest people you will meet, who will go out of their way to make sure your every need is attended to. The building and rooms are charming and the breakfasts are absolutely delicious (and big!) - try the salmon!

I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Old Rectory? Share your experiences!