“I'd definitely return here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Old Rectory

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
Old Rectory
148 Malone Rd., Belfast BT9 5LH, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #5 of 51 Belfast B&B and Inns
London
“I'd definitely return here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at the Old Rectory for a week because I was working in Belfast around the time that the G8 came to Northern Ireland. After seeing the website I expected something slightly pokey and old-fashioned - and I was pleasantly surprised. My single room was spacious, attractive, comfortable, clean and pleasant and I had a huge bathroom to myself - albeit down a corridor, which was the only slightly disappointing thing. Breakfasts were wonderful. The woman who seemed to run the place was always friendly and did her very best to be helpful and flexible, even though she seemed extremely busy.

Room Tip: If you want an en suite bathroom, worth saying so
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Wife and I stayed for one night for my birthday. Mary and the rest of the staff were very pleasant and helpful. We had a beautiful room. The place was warm and friendly. We had a lovely breakfast.
I would certainly recommend The Old Rectory to anyone coming to Belfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

When we arrived at The Old Rectory, Mary immediately displayed her warm and efficient hostess skills by getting us checked in, showing us to our lovely rooms, making our dinner reservations for the evening and calling us a taxi. Beyond the hostess tending to our every need, the house had Victorian charm and our room was beautiful. I especially loved it because we had enough room for everything in contrast with so many places we had been prior. Our room was furnished with a loveseat for sitting or luggage, a desk for our laptop use, a make-up table for me and racks/closet for luggage....and most luxurious of all....a bed of comfort which lulled us to sleep like rocks not wanting to get up....except for the dangling carrot of knowing the most sumptous breakfast awaited our palates. The homemade raspberry and orange marmalade jams were a sensation and every part of the breakfast table was delicious...not to mention the made to order Ulster breakfast I had chosen. Overall, we found our 2 day/nights stay much too short! Belfast is a great city to visit and if going there, The Old Rectory is a brilliant choice! Definitely a repeat stay for us if we get the good fortune to make it back someday!! Thanks Mary!

High River, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place was recommended to us. We did like it. Mary was very helpful with info about getting around Belfast. They brag about their breakfast on their website, but we both felt we had better breakfasts at other B and Bs. It was good, but it wasn't great. Our room was at the top of the house. It was a nice room, the beds were comfortable. They have a great key system for going in and out of their house. They are very organized. It was a very nice place to stay. The family that runs it is very friendly and very helpful.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I returned to the Old Rectory on this trip to Ireland - the only B&B that I'm staying at a second time. The welcome was wonderful, the room and bed (I had the same room as my first stay) were great, and the food was amazing. Mary and Gerry were again very friendly and helpful, and it made the whole start of my vacation just that much better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is a fine B&B experience in a well kept beautiful building just a short distance to downtown Belfast. The host was gracious and helpful with suggestions for our short stay in Belfast. Our room was beautiful, spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and cooked to order.

Room Tip: Belfast is a good "walking" city, well worth a visit.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A nice place and great people. It’s a bit out of the way from the city centre, but perfect if you need to go to the US Consulate General. There are a fair number of places to eat a walk away (even more if you have a sweet tooth). The owner was helpful from the time I booked my room on the phone to day I checked out, telling everything I needed to know to get my visa. The walk into town is a good 45 minutes or there are regular buses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Old Rectory? Share your experiences!