“Always get a lovely meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #53 of 783 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Family Run Restaurant, Cosy, Welcoming, great food, great craic!
“Always get a lovely meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had lunch at the Temple today. It was very busy but the service, the atmosphere and the food were excellent as always. I have been many times and I have akways had lovely food that is reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

• Visited March 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“SharonK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Visited Temple last night for a family meal to celebrate a birthday. Food was fabulous!!! I tried the tempura chicken for starter, dressed with chilli sauce and salad, beautiful presentation. I choose the honey and sesame chicken, chunks of chicken breast cooked to perfection in a honey/sesame sauce served with rice and chips. Delicious meal and good size portions.

The menu has lots of variety and caters for all tastes. My sister choose the gluten free sauce option and was very impressed with her meal.

Staff were very welcoming, greeted when we entered the restaurant with friendly, smiling faces. table service was second to none, courteous staff and prompt service.

A most enjoyable evening spent in Temple, relaxed atmosphere, delicious food, excellent service, excellent value and 'great company'. Highly recommend :)

Irish
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were very disappointed in this restaurant in a number of ways. The food was quite tasteless and I have coeliac disease and phoned ahead before the booking I was told that the black peppercorn sauce was gluten free, when it arrived and I poured it over my food it was more like warm milk and the black peppercorns were at the bottom of the sauce boat. The chicken I had was not tender. I don't usually complain about restaurants as I have not had any reason to but in this case I feel compelled to write this review. Also the lay out of the tables was quite cramped so much so that I had a bottle of beer spilt over me and I had literally only arrived and taken my coat off, the spillage was caused by the waitress who was serving our table and they waivered the cost of the drink, that was very nice considering it wasn't our fault that it happened. Thankfully I have experienced great restaurants that serve great food but sadly the Temple is not one of them.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“3 Course Sunday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

My partner and I went to Temple for the first time last Sunday.

We'd never heard of it before and neither of us had ever been in the Andersonstown area before, but decided to give it a go after seeing the reviews on here and having a look at the menu.

We were able to get seated quickly despite the fact that we hadn't booked and the restaurant was fairly busy, and we decided to go for the three course Sunday menu. There was a great choice and prices were very reasonable.

Definitely a choice for all tastes!

I had prawn cocktail starter, steak main, and chocolate fudge cake for dessert. My partner had the same as me except he had the chicken tempura starter.

Both starter and main were fantastic, we thoroughly enjoyed them. The steaks were of great quality and when we asked for them medium rare, that's how we got them.

The staff were attentive and helpful and the ambience inside was excellent. The only reason why I rate this as 'Very good' and not 'Excellent' was due to the fact that the desserts were below par. The puddings were dry and had a shop bought taste/texture about them.

All in all we had a brilliant experience at Temple and will be sure to recommend and return!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Co. Antrim
“Lunches I look forward to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have visited this small restaurant many times for lunch and I always look forward to a visit. I have never been disappointed with the quality of the food - it is consistently good, perfectly cooked, nicely presented. The atmosphere is pleasant, relaxing. There is a wide choice of food to suit all tastes, daily specials, a good wine list. The prices are very reasonable. Temple is well worth a visit and will not disappoint.

• Visited January 2014