“Function Room Hire” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Function Room Hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I use the Wellington Park Hotel on a regular basis as a venue for conducting interviews/ holding information sessions. The hotel is well located, has plenty of on-site parking and the staff are always very helpful and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to people looking for a convenient, relaxed and friendly hotel whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed here three times recently and my overriding feeling is that, given the orientation of the rooms, they have to invest in fans or air conditioning for the rooms. It got intolerably hot, I couldn't sleep the first night of my most recent visit as there's no flat sheet on the bed - just a duvet. I asked for a flat sheet the next morning and, to be fair to them, they did provide it. But this is supposedly a 4* hotel.

Details meant I found it to be more like a 3* than a 4* such as no toilet rolls, just a dispenser with individual sheets located just far enough away to be a little precarious; Sockets were minimal - none near enough to a mirror to use my own hair dryer. Poor form! Well, there was one under where the supplied hairdryer is, but the (fixed in position) table under it made it impossible to plug anything in; Breakfast was decent enough, but very little on offer besides a buffet fry up.

Staff were okay. I was left standing at reception looking to check in while the single receptionist on duty answered the phone multiple times. Em, I'm a real person, standing in front of him - why was a phonecall that arrived after me prioritised?! On the other hand, the redhaired girl at reception the next day couldn't have been nicer. On a trip a couple of weeks before my most recent stay I was on a room only rate. When I went to pay for breakfast in the restaurant the girl disappeared off with my credit card! I don't know what planet she lives on but you go find the terminal and come back to the guest, you don't run off with their card and leave them wondering if they need to cancel it on account of how long it's been away from them.

Anyway, this is an okay hotel. Beds are alright, bathroom okay, wardrobes a bit shabby, room fine for a couple of nights. I just don't think it deserves 4 stars.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Wellington Park.
What a pity you didn't make us aware that you were too warm. There are fans available for guests' use and we would have been delighted to assist you.
Busy reception teams are faced with choices about priorities all the time and while it would be preferable to only deal with one thing at at time, most guests would consider leaving a phone unanswered annoying. We are sorry if you felt ignored - that certainly wasn't the case.
The only reason that a credit card would leave your sight was if the closest terminal wasn't working and we investigating that.
We hope that you enjoyed the convenient location of the Hotel and that we can welcome you back again in the future.

Helen Gibson
Banbridge, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great stay, staff very attentive, good breakfast and really nice room. We stayed on a Saturday night in a great room, the hotel was busy and we checked in the same time as a tour bus group. The staff coped really well with both the group and ourselves and we were in our room inside 10 mins! Room was great, clean and very nice. Breakfast was excellent! Lots of choice, eat as much as you want!! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New forest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I last stayed in this hotel in February and was unimpressed, but since them the hotel seems to be been improved. In particular the breakfast are much better. There is a wider range of fruit and now breakfast items such as poached or boiled eggs can be made to order. My room was comfortable, although the shower a bit basic.

Dear Owlnewforest,
Many thanks for your kind comments about breakfast and your experience at the Wellington Park Hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed it and we hope to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Helen
Ratingen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We recently visited this hotel with a group and stayed there for two nights . Hotel is rated 4star but does in my opinion not deserve this category. Staff seemed to be stressed and apparently took no interest in customers wishes. Apparently these were not forwarded to management as requested. When management was addressed directly things were put right immediately hence earning brownie points.Rooms allocated to us were very small.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Hans-Jurgen
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. There is no doubt that the hotel is very popular and staff are always busy. We are glad that your problem was addressed quickly and we hope we can welcome you back again sometime in the future.

Many thanks,

Helen Gibson
Ballybofey, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here for one Saturday night in June, 2013. After 4 years of visiting my daughter at Queen's University, I had not even realised that there was hotel opposite the David Keir Building. The hotel is just a few yards from the Botanic inn and has ample car parking to front and rear. Parking is £2 per hr but £5 per overnight for guests. I parked at 9.00 but did not check in until that evening and checked out 9.00am Sunday but did not leave the car park until 1.00pm, all for £5 - very good value. My room was way too warm and, as it was situated on the ground floor, I could not leave the window open. Reception quickly transferred me to a nearby room which was perfect. The radiator was stuck on in the first room on the hottest weekend of the year so far! rooms well appointed with kettle, tea & coffee, hairdryer, decent TV etc. Breakfast was surprisingly good, with freshly chopped fruit and nice hot food. Very good stay and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Colleagues staying on floor 2 experienced some noise from the lounge disco until about 1.00am. Stay...