“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Great stay at the Welly- the location is fantastic, rooms are comfortable and quiet! Staff were very helpful and friendly. Would highly recommend this hotel. Great menu too, everytime I dine there they get it spot on and they cook my steak to perfection- melts in the mouth! I just cannot wait for my return in December- the Hotel puts on some fantastic weekend entertainment, I have just booked my next return for a night with Bruno- the Portugese version of Micheal Buble! Fantastic!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Wellington Park Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed it and look forward to welcoming you back. Bruno is playing every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from now to Christmas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Monaghan, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Disastrous stay from start to finish.we arrived bac from dinner to our rm at 11 to discover that there was a function or disco in the building next to our room connected to the hotel and the music was so loud we couldnt hear our t.v.our room was at the very back of the hotel right beside the back entrance to the car park so everyone coming in or out was going past our room,you could hear every conversation.the back section of the hotel was also being used as a smoking area so we had loud drunks shouting and knocking on our window.it did not feel safe as the curtains didnt even close fully and we had2prop a chair against them.u cud also get a smell of smoke in the rm which we cud only presume was coming from outside!
Alongside all these issues the room was old and shabby wid damaged light fittings and dirty walls.when we asked to b moved they said they cudnt as it was fully booked but offered us free breakfast which we didnt take.when we checked our reservation slip on checkout we discovered that our booking had us in rm 323 but obviously when the guy on check in saw a young couple staying on a saturday night he clearly thought he cud shove us in the crap rm at back of hotel and we wudnt make a fuss!ive stayed in better holiday inns for much less.this rm was not worth the 114 they are charging and they shouldnt even be letting this room to customers due to its dreadful location and run-down state! in future ill stick to fitzwilliam!

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. There is no doubt that this room is in need of reburbishment and we are very sorry that you were allocated it.. There had been a leak from the room above , it was not in a letting state and should not have been allocated to a guest. We are very sorry. However it is unfair to condemn all the ground floor rooms since they have been almost all been newly refurbished.
I have phoned your mobile and have sent an email to you and I am sure that we can resolve this matter once we have discussed it. I look forward to speaking to you and once again, we are sincerely sorry.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I was booked into this hotel for one night for an overnight business trip, and whilst it is not luxurious it was extremely clean and comfortable, and the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful.
Although booked in as a single traveller, my room was large with a double bed.
Very good value for money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
We are very pleased that you have taken the time to review your recent stay at the Wellington Park Hotel. Thank you very much,. We are glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Coleraine, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We've stayed at the Wellie Park on one previous occasion. When booking a hotel I always state no feather bedding as I am allergic to feathers to the point of having to go to hospital. The first time the bedding was feather. They ended up bringing me blankets at 11.30pm as I trusted them to make sure what we had requested was provided. This time I made sure to enquire at reception if the bedding had been changed. They, again didn't notice the special request. The gentleman on reception was very nice and assured us that the room would be ready in about an hour. All well and good. Until we got to the room. The last time we stayed the room was modern and well decorated. This time we stepped back into the 80's.

This trip was booked as it was my 40th birthday and I have to say I was sorely disappointed. The bathroom was covered in excess grout. The shower took an age to heat properly. The door and surround was cracked and grubby. There wasn't even a proper loo roll, just a grey dispenser that wouldn't have been out of place in a public toilet.

The room had a wardrobe area that was white emulsioned plywood, no mirror where I could sit to do my make up, the hair dryer only went to the first setting and it took my nearly 30 minutes to dry my hair. Both the kettle and the hairdryer were yellowing plastic and didn't look very clean.

But the bed. Oh my god the bed. Ok, I'm sounding melodramatic here but it has to have been one of the worst nights sleep I've had in a hotel. That mattress must have been older than me! There was a large dip in the middle of the mattress which meant that my husband and I were practically sleeping on top of each other as any turn meant rolling into the middle of the bed. We ended up putting a couple of pillows between us to try and stop us from fighting to occupy the same space.

The breakfast was average, pretty greasy, the poached eggs were raw on the underside (how is that even possible?) The staff, for the most part, were ok. I don't think we'd consider staying again unless we were guaranteed one of the updated rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
hgibson, Head of Sales & Revenue at Wellington Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Wellington Park Hotel. We are very dissappointed with the review and are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We take feedback very seriously and have contacted you privately in order to discuss this with you and bring it to a satisfactory conclusion,
Ballynahinch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed in the Wellinton Park Hotel with my two friends for a long weekend, I would just like to mention how fantastic my stay was. Room was lovely and very clean. Our stay was very comfortable and enjoyable, Our bedroom was a perfect size for the three of us. Our beds where very comfortable and we all slept very sound! Breakfast was lovely, nothing beats a full irish breakfast. Staff very approachable and friendly. On the Saturday night my friends and I decided we did not want to head out so we decided to stay in the hotel and the atmosphere was fantastic. The music is fantastic on the saturday night, I would most deffintely recommend it to anyone staying in Belfast to call in for a drink. I will deffintely be back to stay again. Thank you very much for your hospitality!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed at the Wellington Park Hotel last weekend, had an amazing time. Staff looked after my friends and I very well. The bedrooms were great, we had a triple room which was very large and attractive. The craic at night was very good but the music choice was a bit old for us. We went to the Botanic which is just next door so it was handy. The breakfast in the hotel was very tastey. We'll definately be back when we're on our next girls night out. A big thank you to all the staff for looking after us so well!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Carrickmacross, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Was at an event in Belfast, we were meant to stay overnight in this hotel, but we couldn't due to floods at home. We decided that we would have something to eat in it anyway... the hotel reception area is very travel lodge like, but very clean... and the staff very friendly. The bar/ lounge area is open plan and reminded me quite like the lounges on the ferry to England... The seats were very comfy and the bar staff were very attentive... I ordered prawns as a main course and my partner had pasta, it was served very quickly and very good sized portions....
I noted the there was live music on a friday night but they had no music in the backround at all...

The hotel is in an idea location, just min's from the Ulster Museum and Queens...
There was wifi in the hotel but you had to pay for it... this drives me mad... they should offer this for free.... people might buy a coffee just to use the free wifi, they'd make more on the coffee...
We dined in the lounge area so i can't speak for their dining room.. but food was good anyway...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wellington Park Hotel? Share your experiences!