I booked this hostel through Hostel World and was amazed at the Price! £35.00 for a Double Room with Private Bathroom.
However the price is one of it's few good points!
It is NOT as central as you are led to believe!!! It is a good 30 minute walk to the City Centre and Tourist Attractions with very little else in the area other than Bars and Pubs. (so i suppose it's good for those looking for great nightlife).
When we arrived the rooms were not ready. There were a few other people waiting in reception to check in as well. The weather was very bad so we had no choice but to hang around in reception. There was a Cafe but this only opened at breakfast so we couldn't even get a snack.I realise that we were all 30 minutes or so early but the staff seemed to make no extra effort to see if any of the rooms were ready and get us checked-in early.
The room was very basic but adequate. However it was not that clean especially in the Bathroom. And not having any towels was an extra annoyance.
The stay was OK but I wouldn't have liked to stay a second night.
The Cafe (run independently from the Hostel) was the BEST thing about the Hostel. The Menu was EXTENSIVE and reasonably priced.
The staff were not very friendly either. In fact i returned to the hostel at about 4/4:30 and asked reception if they knew anywhere in the area or out of town that had late night shopping. He said that NOWHERE offered this and seemed very sure. I went up to my room and while reading a guide left in the reception i found out that the main shopping centre was open until 8. This really wound me up!
Over all for the price it was OK for 1 night but I wouldn't stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Belfast International Youth Hotel
- Belfast International Youth Hotel Belfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This huge hostel is the biggest in Belfast and the only one affiliated with Hostelling International. It's a short walk from all a tourist heart desire's, from Queen's Quarter pubs and attractions to city centre shops and restaurants. A recent rennovation has heralded a slew of top class amenities including en-suite rooms, FREE WI-FI, left luggage, currency exchange and laundry facilities. The Causeway and internet cafes serve up good value grub and Mini Coach tours (based at the hostel) offer daily tours to the Giant's Causeway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Belfast International Youth Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.