“Worst Hotel we have every stay in!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Madison's Hotel

Save Saved
You added Madison's Hotel to your Saves list
Madison's Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   59 - 63 Botanic Avenue, Belfast BT7 1JL, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Melbourne, Australia
“Worst Hotel we have every stay in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our first issue was there was no parking close to the hotel.
The staff on reception were extremely nice but that is the only favorable thing I can say about this our stay. Fortunately we had only booked for 1 night. The room was o.k. but the double bed mattress had collapsed a and was so bad that at 10.30pm we requested to be moved to another room, which the lovely young man at the reception politely organised for us. It is amazing that any hotel would allow to offer rooms with such a low standard of bedding
The following morning the breakfast served was inedible. We left never to return.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
madisonshotel, Manager at Madison's Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi Sue,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Only you can tell us if we are meeting your needs and expectations and I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our aim is to ensure every guest leaves having enjoyed their stay.

Unfortunately, we do not have a car park and try to advise all guests prior to booking that, due to our location, parking at the hotel is in the residential area opposite. I apologize if you feel you were misinformed.

Our rooms are currently being upgraded, refreshed and renewed and most now have new mattresses. I am sorry that you found yours uncomfortable but am glad to hear that reception were able to rectify this.

I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your breakfast. I am surprised to hear this as we are usually complimented on our breakfasts. I have passed your comments on to our Head Chef who is looking into this to ensure it will not be repeated.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Reception staff. I am glad you found them friendly and accommodating as this is exactly what we strive for. I have passed the compliments on to the team :-)

Thanks again for your review, as we value each and every guests comments received as it helps us improve. I am very sorry that you did not have the same positive experience as so many of our guests have and I hope you will give us another opportunity to get it right.

Amanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here with friends/family for surprise 50th birthday- staff very helpful and friendly - rooms clean and comfortable - breakfast lovely- cocktails very fine. Love this place. Handy to everywhere. Thank you to all for a great birthday.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Hi,

Thank you very much for your 5* review :-)

I am so glad that you chose Madison's to celebrate your surprise birthday :-)

We were pleased to read that all aspects of your stay were enjoyable. I am glad you liked our cocktails :-) that's what a birthday is all about :-)

I hope to have you back to stay with us in the near future.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Myself and my husband choose this hotel when attending a concert in Boucher Rd playing feilds. We got a very good rate for the night. It was a Thursday night but the hotel was fully booked. We arrived a little early for check in so took a stroll. The hotel is located in a lovely area, with plenty of shops and restaurants close by. When we returned at check in time our room was still not ready however the friendly receptionist was very apologetic and gave us 2 tokens for a drink at the bar while we waited. Our room was ready before we'd even finished our drink. The room was fab. Very spacious, big bed beautifully decorated and plenty of towels and toiletries in the gorgeous bathroom. We had a few cocktails in the bar before heading to the concert. The bar was buzzing, the bar staff were very friendly suggesting what cocktails to have and giving us directions to the concert. Breakfast the following morning was lovely and again the staff were very friendly. I would definitely stay in this hotel on future visits to Belfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Ciara,

Thank you very much for such a great review :-)

I am pleased that the location of our hotel suited your visit and that you liked the room and cocktails :-)

Great to hear the team were friendly and helpful during your stay :-)

I do hope that you will visit us again soon.

Belfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a romantic weekend ! Got a deal with dinner included ! Food was great the bar was nice and had music happy at that the room wasnt great could do with being refurbished ! Didnt bother staying for breakfast the room was really only for putting ur head down in and we had ordered champagne and strawberries on arrival they were disgusting we left half the champagne and couldnt eat the strawberries ! Def Dnt think We would be back !

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Lisa,

I am sorry that you were not pleased with our hotel and that our room did not live up to your expectation. We are currently improving the decorative condition of our rooms.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the food and bar service. I have relayed this to the team :-)

Please don't allow this to put you off considering staying with us again at Madison's hotel, as we will do our best to ensure you have a great stay.

Ashbourne, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent one night in the Madison's Hotel and these experience was more than we expected.
+ spacious, elegant and bright room
+ toiletries in the bathroom
+ huge, comfortable bed
+ cleanliness on good level
+ tasty breakfast
+ excellent and helpful staff
+ happy hours for cocktails in the bar and reasonable food prices
+ free car park, but it is on the street so sometimes
- you will have a trouble in finding free space for your car
- no fridge in the room.
Would definitely recommend staying in Madison's Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Tom,

It's such a pleasure to read such lovely comments and it highlights exactly what we aim for :-)

I really appreciate you taking the time to post us such a great review :-)

I have passed your review on to all of the team, who were as delighted as I was.

Thanks again,

donegal ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

nice friendly place.. food lovely ..room was spotless but vey hot:) .. hotel pefect for walk to botanic gardens 5 mins and even into city centre supermarkets and restaurants all beside hotel ..was a super deal dinner and band b for 36 ster pp per night sunday offer ! we will definatly be back thanks all at the Madison x

Room Tip: we stayed sun so quiet but I hear a nightclub is on premises weekends so may be busier and nosier
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us such a lovely 4* review.

Great to hear the Team were helpful and friendly during your stay :-) We are so pleased to read that you liked your room and enjoyed the food :-)

We definitely agree that Botanic Gardens is perfect for a relaxing walk and I am glad you got to enjoy this.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a superior room. The room was large and very clean on arrival. We were provided with bath soaps and shampoos , however, i think some toothpaste might be more useful than the sewing kit provided.

One of the windows did not close properly , but it wasn't really a problem. The room has large curtains but is in need of some blinds and proper lighting. We got breakfast delivered to the room and it was delicious and all the staff were very helpful and friendly. The cocktails were disappointing and filled with ice.

The location of the hotel was ideal and there are lots of lovely places to eat around it. I would stay in this hotel again and believe it was good value for money with breakfast included.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
madisonshotel, Manager at Madison's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Emer,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent stay :-)

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in our suite. I have relayed your lovely message to our housekeeping team :-)
The windows have a safety lock and I have spoken to all the team on reception who will now make all our guests aware of this :-) I have taken on board all your feedback with regards lighting and we will look into this.

I am so glad you enjoyed your breakfast and found all of or staff helpful- that is great to hear :-)

I have spoken with the bar staff regarding the cocktails. We like to pride ourselves in our cocktails as we have always had such positive feedback. I am sorry you didn't enjoy them and I hope we get the chance to prove to you that this was a one off.

Thanks again for such a great review and we hope to welcome you back soon :-)

Amanda

Been to Madison's Hotel? Share your experiences!