“very bad service” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Mullingar, Ireland
“very bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I booked 2 double rooms ensuite for myself and my family for one night and to be honest right from the moment we walked in we knew this wasn't really a good place. to start with the stairs are very steep and the only ensuite rooms they have are the ones on the top and its difficult to get there with the luggage.
next we had requested baby cot which was not provided and on asking the lady owner said she had apparently tried to send me an email to inform about the same which never came.
the next part is worse there was no milk , very little tea bags and sugar, one very small liquid soap sachet for one person which wasn't sufficient at all.
and the lady kept reminding me beforehand so many times about switching off the exhaust and lights in the bathroom when not in use as if I was a small kid.
the lounge area was a mess, the WIFI was very weak
really nothing was upto the mark even the room upstairs had very low ceiling and the tiles in bathroom were loose.
she informed that her cooker was broken and so there was no breakfast in case I decided to opt for, which I didn't .
the only good thing was the view from the room, which is fantastic

Room Tip: if you have to stay please see a room with a view coz that's the only good thing about this plac...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed just the one night but the bed was so comfortable and there was a blackout blind on the window so I slept soundly all night. And the 11am check out is very convenient not to mention the metro bus from the city centre stops about five minutes away from the B and B itself.

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. The room was lovely and clean, the beds super comfortable, and the price wonderful! In a nice location with close to transport directly to the city centre. Would definitely come here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

The B&B itself is basic and could probably do with a bit of a make over.

But at £38 for 2 of us for one night, I don't really have any complaints.

The owner wasn't overly friendly on arrival, but we were able to leave our bags as we arrived early so that was helpful.

The room was basic, but clean which again is what we expected for what we had paid. Our room had a double bed and a single with an en suite bathroom.
We had tea and coffee making facilities with tea, coffee, sugar and milk all in the room.
The TV didn't work, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it wasn't a massive issue.

We did not have breakfast so I can't review that.

The owner rang a taxi for us on a couple of occasions - about £5 into the city centre.
Or there's a bus stop at the bottom road with buses regularly arriving for the city centre.

Overall a good stay for the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2013
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights during The World Police & Fire Games. It's nice and quiet so I always got a good nights sleep.
The note was left outside with instructions to get to my room which I thought was really cool.
The room was very basic and not ensuite. It was spotlessly clean and was cleaned daily. I did have a bathroom directly outside the room and another downstairs with a shower. There were never any problems using either and there were also very clean. The 61 bus stops right outside and dropped me right into the city, however I discovered if you walk around the corner there is a busier road with many more buses reducing the waiting time. Parking outside the front door was so convenient and free and this is a quiet and safe area.
I enjoyed returning after a night on the town to a peaceful area and a warm bed. The staff were very friendly also.

• Stayed August 2013
Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights and had a pleasant stay. I slept well; quiet area with little traffic. My room and bed were quite large, but the toilet was little (an overweight person would have had problems). Friendly staff and good breakfast! Nice location, by the waterworks-park where it was lovely to sit in the sunset. Less than five minutes walk to Antrim Road with frequent buses. From the city centre all the Metro 1 buses (from Upper Queen Street) were passing Antrim Road waterworks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

My son and I stayed here 29 and 30 July 2013 and there's no doubt we would stay again. The value for money is second to none. Francis and Pauline were terrific hosts. I would say the accommodation is basic but clean. Hey, this is a B&B and NOT The Hilton!!!! We were charged £76 in total plus £4 each for the breakfasts (which were excellent).............what a bargain! Don't be put off by the cost thinking it must be rubbish................it most definitely is not. Francis made us feel very welcome by his "down to earth" style. Nothing was too much trouble. The location is a £4 cab ride from the city centre and there is a bus stop right outside, although we didn't use the bus. There's a pub called Cassidy's down the road about a 5 minute walk away..........pop in there too. Very friendly place and full of character. So don't hesitate................book early. Oh and one more thing.....................thanks a million Francis and Mary and good luck!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Parkview Lodge? Share your experiences!