“Very good food and value.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Balmoral Hotel to your Saves list
Balmoral Hotel
Blacks Road | Dunmurry, Belfast BT10 0NF, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“Very good food and value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Dropped in for dinner on Friday afternoon. Staff were very welcoming and a good mix of family and business clientele. Whilst I had a curry everyone else had a different roast dinner ( turkey & ham, chicken, beef ) all served with veg and choice of different potatoes or chips from the specials menu. While the curry was great my mouth watered as I looked round the roast dinners. Great food, clean plates, pleasant courteous staff, and great value for a family dinner. Compliments to the chef.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Ate in The Lady Ann Grill on Saturday service was extremely slow (15 mins) before we had anyones attention which resulted in myself going to the bar to order drinks. We ordered the specials which seemed nice and ate most of it but realised when I moved chicken away from the ham it had an awful stench. I told the waiter and we were offered free deserts and coffee and my meal taken off the bill. Since leaving myself and my sister spent the evening and next day in the bathroom and severe cramps etc...I sent an email to the manager and im still waiting!! This is unbelievable..maybe a visit from the EHO will prompt a response.

Stayed March 2013
Kenmare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had booked this hotel because it was very convient to my parents house, but after reading the reviews on this i was dreading staying! I was very suprised to find the family room was 2 double rooms with an adjoining door it was very spacious, alittle more attention to cleaning is needed, it was fine. It was expensive at £120.00 B&B for 1adult, youth, 5 & 2yr old, but breakfast and breakfast staff was lovely. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ring before to check if there is anything on in the hotel (ie wedding ) and request a quite room:)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Belturbet, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had booked a one night stay at the Balmoral so we could take in a show in Belfast. We were checked in by a pleasant and helpful receptionist. The room itself was clean,comfortable and had all we expected. There is a lovely bar and restaurant area next to reception with comfortable seating. Downstairs there is an informal eating area, The Lady Anne Grill and next to that a public bar which was packed with Saturday horse racing fans. As the restaurant didnt open until 6.30 we decided to eat in the Lady Anne Grill Bar. The food was a bit slow in coming out but was really enjoyable and the waiting staff excellent. The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant and it was delicious. I think it was probably the tastiest hotel breakfast i have ever had. All in all a good overall experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We have just returned from a weekend away in Belfast and we had the pleasure of staying at the Balmoral Hotel on Blacks Road.

Our stay was to visit some relatives and the Balmoral was the ideal location in relation to where they live.

We arrived at reception at around 4.30pm and our room was ready and we received 2 keycards. We were very pleasantly surprised at the room. The bed was huge and, as we later found, extremely comfortable and there was also a table and chairs for anyone on business. Naturally there were plenty of teas and coffees and a selection of biscuits on the tea tray. There are also enough plug points to charge the never ending amount of electrical appliances one can’t seem to live without these days. The television was flat screen and on the wall so no awkward viewing angles when watching telly from either the table and chairs or from the bed.

As we were with relatives in the evening, our first meal at the hotel was breakfast. We found a selection of fruit juices and cereals, as well as fresh fruit and yoghurts. Once we sat to have our cereals and fruit, the staff came to take our breakfast order. This was a pleasant change to the boring (not to mention cold) buffet breakfast that is the norm in other places. Your cooked breakfast was made to order and you could have either just toast or the full Irish fry, including bacon, eggs (however you like them) sausages, mushrooms, soda bread, potato bread, beans and tomatoes. I might even have missed something out I’m not sure. There was a choice of tea and coffee and toast, butter and preservatives were also supplied. They should award a prize to anyone actually finishing it all though!

In the evening we decided to have our dinner in the Glenriver Restaurant which is the main restaurant at the hotel. There is another grill bar downstairs. The Glenriver had an evening meal special whereby a 3 course dinner and a bottle of wine for two was £35. This was great value and the meal was delicious. Both restaurants were busy on the Saturday night. If you just wanted a drink you could go into the foyer bar, the downstairs grill or the more traditional pub style bar next to that. All of them had Sky TV so you could also watch the footy, which was a big bonus.

We slept soundly on both nights in the very comfortable bed with no disturbances whatsoever. Actually we slept in so it was a good job that there is a generous timescale for breakfast!

All in all our stay was very enjoyable and the staff and the facilities were both excellent and I would certainly recommend it to friends and relatives.

I have included a couple of photos which show our room.

Please do not hesitate to message me if you have any questions.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went on boxing day for dinner with friends and family. The Marie-Rose sauce on the prawn cocktail was watered down and had a coleslaw garnish??? I had ordered the fillet steak medium, it arrived cremated so I asked the waitress to bring it back and to give me a lasagne instead. My friend next to me got lasagne but didn't get her garlic bread, when my lasagne finally arrived it was cold and had no taste or flavour, I actually had to put gravy on it so it was eatable, the rest of the tables food was look warm and waited far too long for the sides of mash and chips. The roast beef was awful and so was the other steaks. The food was slapped out on plates and looked as bad as it tasted. Food here is usually beautiful but this place should not take big bookings if the chefs can't handle them. When my friend and I went to reception to book a room for her son as a gift we felt as if she had something to say as she kept laughing and looking down at us, she must have thought the room was for my friend and I and obviously thought it was funny, she had a terrible attitude and was full of her own self importance. Overall think it was an absolute disgrace!

Stayed December 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Lovely and helpful staff lessen the blow. Room smelled, carpet had not been hoovered properly. Breakfast - had to ask for glass for juice, had to ask for jug of milk for coffee - waitress proceeded to give me one left on a table by people who had eaten and departed. Ordered 2 boiled eggs they came hard boiled with cold burnt toast. Noise from downstairs was terrible until 2am first night luckily 2nd night I fell asleep quickly due to wine. Verdict - it's fine as long as you get drunk

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Balmoral Hotel? Share your experiences!