“well travelled Gaa Fan” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 44 hotels in Belfast
dublin ireland
“well travelled Gaa Fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just back from a trip to Belfast, My wife and myself stayed at this hotel for one night and we found it good value for money for a 3 star hotel, there is a bus stop outside the hotel so it was very easy to get to the city centre.The room we had was at the front of the building and there was plenty of room for the two of us. I would definitly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

130 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

All I can say is if you are hoping to sleep on your trip away DO NOT stay at this hotel. I stayed at this hotel sat-mon visting my uncle who only lived up the road from this hotel. Like many other review my is also the same complaint with sound proofing there was an event happening downstairs on the sat night til 1am and it was so loud that it felt like I was in a night club, the doors were vibrating from the volume, I called the reception desk to ask when the entertainment would be finished the told me 1am, I complained about the noise but the receptionist on the end of the phone offered no apologise and said ok and put the phone down, I had a 10 year old who was trying to sleep but couldn't and was getting very agitated. I am still waiting for the manager to get in contact which they have not done. I have previously stayed at this hotel back in january and it wasnt as bad as this stay and I'm sure to say I won't be returning to this hotel again, I will be going back to we're I've stayed for years the all season bed and breakfast they have wonderful service and very welcoming.

• Stayed November 2012
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed as a group attending an event nearby. Not cheap compared to the usual deals we get and very disappointing. Reason we're unlikely to return is that the rooms have zero soundproofing, I could hear everything in the next room and there was a loud event going on underneath us until 1 am, I literally felt like it was going on right next to my head, a complaint to reception was entirely ignored

• Stayed November 2012
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We go to the grill bar freguently and have never been disappointed. The service is quick and the staff very friendly. They have paper and crayons for the children . The food is excellent with great portions. We can sit after our meal with a few drinks and there is no rush from staff to vacate the table.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went to a funeral and booked the room at short notice. The whole experience was excellent. The staff were lovely and the room was clean and modern. The bar areas were good and although we didn't have dinner the breakfast was all we could expect ,given the price we paid

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Just nipped in for our evening meal and it was lovely good choices reasonably prised.good kids menu with paper and crayons supplied to keep the kids entertained while waiting on there meal.good friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My wife & I stayed at this hotel on 22nd August as we were attending a concert nearby.
The room(18) was basic but very comfortable & clean.
It was priced at £49...a great rate.
I recommend their Grill-bar for "good home cooking".
Plenty of secure car parking.
Definitely would stay/dine again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Balmoral Hotel? Share your experiences!