“Our stay at the Crescent Townhouse Hotel, Belfast” 5 of 5 stars

Internet Special
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Our stay at the Crescent Townhouse Hotel, Belfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

Very lovely room. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff. I got the impression that the staff work especially hard to make this hotel a great place to stay for guests. Would recommend to anyone and my other half and I will definitely come again. Belfast is a wonderful city and this hotel is in a good location on Botanic Avenue.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Booked hotel online with the online vegetarian menu (plus location) being the main factors in decision. However, having arrived was disappointed to find menu did not reflect online version. Fortunately, the excellent Restaurant Manager saved the day and provided a very worthwhile and memorable experience! Hotel clean with rooms spacious and 'boutique' like in appearance. All staff very courteous and friendly. Definitely will return. Useful tip: Ask for room and meal special. I missed it this time but wont next time!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

The Crescent Townhouse was recommended to me by a colleague, and although I am usual wary of smaller hotels for business trips, preferring the anonymity and smooth service of the larger corporate ones, I was persuaded to give it a try.

I am very glad I did because this is a very well-run establishment representing excellent value - I paid £75 for a double room (for single occupancy) with breakfast - in a good part of town, very near the University and various cultural facilities.

The room (Room 101 in fact, to my amusement) was very comfortable, well appointed, and accessed through a library/lounge which was a lovely space to sit and relax. Moulton and Brown toiletries are always welcome and the facilities for the business traveller - room safe, trouser press, ironing board etc. - also good. One slight carp which is I don't expect to have to pay for WiFi nowadays but I can understand that for smaller independent hotels the costs of providing it free of charge to guests may be prohibitive - hence the charges here.

I met my colleagues from Belfast in the bar by the restaurant (the other bar is more pub-like and hence pretty busy and a little noisy) we shared an excellent bottle of Australian Pinot Grigio for a pretty reasonable £18; two of us ate dinner and with a further bottle of wine this came to under £60 for two for two courses, not bad price at all for what is good, if not especially exciting, food. Breakfast too was a high standard and one thing which stood out throughout my stay was the excellent service, staff very genuine and friendly without being overly so, quick to help with any queries and attentive at all times.

I was sufficiently impressed that knowing I would be attending a conference in the Autumn at the Arts Centre up the road, I booked at Suite and two rooms for colleagues on departure - and was pleasantly surprised to find that they had given me the Suite at the same price as a standard double as a complimentary upgrade - the sort of service which makes a hotel like this stand out.

Room Tip: Have a look at the Suites too...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Arrived at door hoping for a room, had tickets for a gig in the empire opposite and decided to spring the night stay on my husband having hidden the case in the car

We were told all the regular rooms were full but we could have a pick of suites at a discounted price of £80 we were then given the keys to help us decide, we chose "o Neill" as it had a separate lounge area but the rest looked all very nicely furnished.

We were then asked if we had
dinner plans and offered a total stay price including a meal each (1 main course & glass of wine) for the bargain price of £89 all in,

Hubby was delighted, had a few drinks in bar twelve which was quiet & had a lovely mix of people. Dinner then in the metro restaurant was very delicious,
Good mix of meals on the menu, I'd the fishcakes (2) very large which were the nicest I'd ever tasted, beautiful big pieces of salmon & White fish in a very light breadcrumb and served with a delicious beetroot strip salad
Hubby opted for a huge burger which was seasoned and served with hand cut chips, lovely & refreshing to see you wernt dished out the usual blanch pack chips that now appear everywhere,

Great night sleep in a very comfy bed, the suite overlooked the main botanic station but was very quiet, we enjoyed a lovely coffee in the large window sill and people watched both that evening & nxt morning,
Breakfast again no complaints whatsoever, we were greeted shown to our tables and served very quickly, we even got a very cheery morning from the band who also stayed the night too.

A great all rounder of a hotel, staff were all lovely

• Stayed June 2011
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Its hard not to gush about this place. No faults whatsoever! Rooms were spotless and comfortable. I stayed in the Chelsea Suite and it was both special and homely. Lots of space in the bedroom, huge comfy bed, large flat screen tv, 2 big comfy armchairs and plenty of storage. The bathroom was also large, big walk in shower and a seperate roll top bath. Molten Brown goodies for both shower and bath, hand cream included, nice touch! Hairdryer in the room was great, very powerful, no need to pack my own hairdryer on future visits.

I got a nosey in one of the other rooms too, a smaller but very nice bedroom and a good sized bathroom with an extra large shower, no bath.

Staff at reception, in the bar and in the restaurant were very friendly. The restaurant menu had a great selection and 2 special deals on the early dinner menu, again with good selections. The food was top notch and very reasonably priced.

This little gem of a place even has a few designated smoking rooms on the top floor, quite unheard of nowadays.

Two things to point out, not faults tho', there is no lift in the hotel and 2 flights of stairs, so anyone with young children or a lot of luggage beware! (help was offered at reception) and the hotel is situated facing a very popular bar which has live bands at the weekends, also a lot of eateries and 2 taxi ranks nearby so at the weekend the place is buzzing and the noise carries on until well after 2am

Last but no means least, a special mention to Robert, (hope ive got the name right!) the friendliest receptionist in Belfast!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

We have just returned after staying at the Crescent Townhouse. We booked the hotel for the 1 night B&B and evening meal offer because although we live in Belfast we were going to see a band at the Empire across from the hotel and felt that by the time we had dinner and paid for taxis into and home from Belfast this was a really good offer, we were not disappointed! The young man at reception on arrival was very friendly, as were the other staff at the hotel, our room was lovely and clean and at the front of the hotel. The food in the Metro bistro was delicious as was the breakfast, which you can have brought to your room for a small charge.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, we're already planning our next visit!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed here for two nights on business in may after a previous visit in December 2010. I travel a lot and really rate this hotel for it's friendly and efficient service and it's value for money. The food is excellent, well priced and served with a smile and some chat and my room was amongst the best I've stayed in during the last 12 months. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to BEST WESTERN Crescent Townhouse? Share your experiences!