“Hotel as described” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   158 Holywood Road, Belfast BT4 1PB, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 44 hotels in Belfast
“Hotel as described”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I arrived here in a business trip, the hotel was clean, rooms were spacious and service and staff were very good.

The hotel is 2.5 miles from the airport, there are local shops and take always including Chinese.

I arrived slightly late, the ladies behind the desk were very helpful. I asked for a room on a lower floor and that's what they found me.

• Stayed December 2012

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Polish first
Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently returned from a 3 night break to Belfast and a stay in the Park Avenue Hotel.

My husband is local to the area and I lived in Belfast myself for 6 years so we know the Park Avenue Hotel very well (or so we thought!). We have often used the bar and attended several wedding functions which were all very nice and we expected more of the same while staying as hotel guests.

We arrived shortly before 12.00 noon and enquired about the check-in time. The extremely helpful receptionist spoke to housekeeping and they advised that our room would be ready in 10 minutes despite check-in time being 2.00 pm.

We had booked a standard double and the room was excellent! The bed was very comfortable, the room was the perfect temperature and there was a hairdryer, tea/coffee facilities and a full size iron and ironing board. The room was a good size and was absolutely spotless. Our room was serviced on each day we were there to an exceptional standard. We (apparently) had a problem with our TV remote which was fixed before we even reported it!

Breakfast was an absolute delight and you can get more or less anything you would expect at breakfast time. The food was of a very high standard and set us up perfectly for the day.

We also ate a meal in the bar which was very tasty although, of course, we knew it would be after eating there for a number of years.

The staff in the hotel were all so helpful and kind and the atmosphere was pleasant without being 'stuffy' which we have experienced before in 4-star hotels.

We told all our family and friends in Northern Ireland how impressed we were with our stay and we will definitely return.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I travel to N.Ireland every 8 weeks for 3 nights at a time. I have stayed at this hotel serval times due to its location, free Wi-Fi, great rooms and good food. When I am unable to get in to this hotel and stay anywhere else my business trip is never as enjoyable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Had a great week end at this hotel will definitely go back the stAff were very friendly the food was first class good location plenty to do and see would recommend to anyone , looking forward to next visit.

• Stayed November 2012
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Park Avenue too many times to mention and always find the staff helpful and friendly, the food is very good and the rooms large, very clean and well kept. Its location is ideal for both the business and pleasure.

West Malling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was my thid stay here, which should indicate that I am very pleased with the hotel overall. The staff are exrtremely helpful and friendly. The food is first class and the rooms are spacious, clean and inviting. The location within a 15 minute bus ride of the ciy centre (bus stop right outside) but also effectively only around the corner from City Airport makes it exremely convenient. Sydenham railway station is also within walking distance, giving access to Titanic Quarter, the centre of Belfast, the trains to Dublin and the rest of the network.

I shall have no hesitation i using this hotel yet again,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was visiting Belfast for business and was recommended the Park Avenue by the locals. It's location was ideal (close to City Airport) and price was good.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the room was faultless. It was a good size, huge in fact, very clean, neat and well equipped with tea/coffee, ironing board, TV etc. Big comfortable bed and lots of power sockets.
The breakfast the following morning was really good, I had the 'Ulster Fry' and it fueled me for the day.
Hopefully I will return to Belfast soon and when I do I will choose this place, it's not worth risking anywhere else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Avenue Hotel? Share your experiences!