“Personal service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Personal service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Lovely house, lovely area. Donna went out of her way to look after us, even making us a take away breakfast to take to the airport! Comfy and clean as well - thanks so much. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Roseleigh House for eight days and it was great. I am obsessed with cleanliness and the B&B met my high standards. Our room was the perfect size, right at the front of the house, with a comfortable bed and adequate storage space for two large suitcases and two large carry-ons. The bathroom has a fan, which is important, and you can open the bedroom windows and let in the fresh clean air. The only negative is that the shower pressure is very low but common in a historic house, so expect to shower a bit longer than usual, especially if you have long hair - its actually a great excuse to get your hair done at a salon, and there is a ladies salon just a two minute walk away from the B&B on the Ormeau Road, which is convenient :). Donna and James, the owners, are wonderful people - they answered all our questions and more than accommodated us. The B&B has wifi and a laptop connected to the Internet which is free to use for all guests to use in the common room which was extremely convenient. My husband very much enjoyed the breakfasts, and there are many lighter options for those of us who cannot stomach a full Ulster Fry for 8 days in a row (note: my husband gained nearly 10 lbs, most likely off of the breakfasts)! I really liked the location - its in South Belfast, in a nice friendly mixed religion middle class neighbourhood, which is important in Belfast. The Ormeau Rd. is a one minute walk away, and this is where you can catch multiple buses to the City Centre. The bus to the city takes you through the Queen's University neighbourhood, and is a really great tour itself. The bus drops you off right by City Hall, and there you are, in the centre of town. It is similarly very easy to get back to the B&B as the buses are in a loop. In Belfast, you can buy a day pass, and you do not need exact change, which is also very convenient. My husband and I definitely plan on coming back to Belfast on a regular basis to visit family and friends, and we will definitely be staying at Roseleigh House again. Belfast is a wonderful city - I simply loved it, even more than the Bahamas! I strongly encourage you to visit Belfast and stay at Roseleigh House!! It is bright, clean, homey, beautiful and it is impossible not to fall in love with the place.

Room Tip: The front room was brilliant and not noisy at all.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had 2 nights at Roseleigh while on business in Belfast and would definitely stay again. I had stayed in another B and B on a previous trip and had been woken in the night more than once by the owner's dog barking so I was looking for somewhere quiet but close to the Balmoral Business Park area. This is a lovely house, warmly lit and welcoming. My room was a good size, the bed was comfortable, it was well lit and bright. Simple, attractive furnishings, a home from home. As a woman travelling alone I felt secure. I walked out alone in the evening for a meal to the nearby Ormeau Road (Bengal Brasserie - very nice too). The owners are welcoming and friendly. The house is in a quiet enough side street and I slept well. There seem to be plenty of buses going into the city centre from the Ormeau Road and I will maybe try that next time but for this occasion, with the limited time a business trip allows, I was happy enough locally.

A lot of choices for breakfast, more than enough to please me. Free wifi very welcome.

If you want the latest gizmos and power showers stick with the chain hotels, but if you want something with a more human touch then the Roseleigh is definitely worth considering.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed here for 2 days and nights on 29-30 July 2012. What can I say , simply the best B&B in all of Belfast. Donna is a magnificent host , the building in great condition for a period home, all class , peaceful , quiet , great local knowledge , understands the needs of the travelling public and a mine of useful information. I compared a number of other B&B's nearby who were slow and seemed disinterested in replying when we first investigated accommodation in Belfast and am I glad we stumbled upon Roseleigh. You can park a car off street securely in an area that is filled with beautiful tree lined buildings that are well maintained and there is no evidence of concern or danger walking around streets to site see. The rooms are very spacious and the beds and pillows comfortable . The shower , bath and toilet is modern , clean and fully functional. There is a TV and Tea/Coffee Making Facilities in the room and the decor is very antique orientated. It's a really classy , attractive and beautiful place and reminds me of the Windsor for those in Melbourne who know our grandest hotel. The rates to stay are more than reasonable . The breakfasts are simply stunning with a large choice of quality produce so if you go hungry it's your own fault.

To Donna thanks for your interaction with us and your friendliness in helping us get around and making our stay so memorable. Absolutely outstanding .. we hope to come back sooner rather than later.

Ken & Jean McAvoy
Melbourne (Australia)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed at the Roseleigh House for two nights and it was one of the nicest places we stayed during our trip through Ireland. The room was comfortable, clean and a great place to unwind after a long day. The breakfasts were such a treat! Everything was so delicious and better than anything we would have gotten in town.

Donna is such a genuinely sweet person and it seems that she takes such pride in ensuring each of her guests have a pleasant stay. She was quick to offer us suggestions on what to do in Belfast to make the most of our stay and chatted with us at the end of the day to see how our day was.

I don't know if I will ever be in Belfast again, but if I am, I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Paraparaumu, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Roseleigh House is a gem, as is the owner and guiding light; Donna. Impeccable service and delicious breakfast topped off with gales of laughter and engagging hospitality. Roseleigh House is nestled in a leafy suburb not far from the city centre and very close to bus routes. It is an excellent location with comfortable bedding and we will not hestitate to stay with Donna again. Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We got to Belfast without a reservation. Well, let's just say that the reservation we has was for the wrong night and the b&b house where we couldn't stay because they were all filled up, recommended the Roseleigh House. They could NOT have been more accommodating or lovely. We were immediately welcomed with open arms, fed a lovely cup a tea, shown to our rooms and made very welcome. It had been a very stressful day as it was our first day of driving in Ireland and all the stress of the day just poured out. The next day, after a lovely full Irish breakfast, Donna pointed out how to get around Belfast and told us of some sight we should see. Donna our hostess was very, very lovely. We would stay there again most definitely.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Roseleigh House? Share your experiences!