“OK but there's better close by.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Blairgowrie, United Kingdom
“OK but there's better close by.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Fine if you just want a meal while on business but not if you are looking for something special. The service was OK and friendly enough and food was OK. Would eat here again if I had to but there are other better choices within 5 minutes walk.

Visited June 2013

Lisburn
“Let down by the service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We went to the Causerie for an extended lunch. There was only one other person in the restaurant who advised us that she was not impressed with her meal but as we had vouchers we decided to stay anyway. The food was average however the service was poor. We had to look for the waitress three times and then again to get the bill. The member of staff who was there for the start of our meal was very pleasant but she was replaced by someone who was completely indifferent. Considering we spent over £90 on lunch & drinks I would have expected the staff to have at least made an effort - they were hardly under pressure.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Classic Causerie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Sheltering form the Belfast blizzard on Friday last, we literally fell into the Europa Hotel and the Causerie, being right beside the train station ! What a delight, the best ever shredded confit duck salad with heart warming chips ! Great and very patient service and staff, excellent wine list, we really didn't want to leave at all and face the elements.
Certainly will go back to try the starters and rest of the great dishes on offer and not just to get in out of the snow ! Good food, good value :)

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
co.antrim
“avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Last month I took my mum and dad here during the afternoon for dinner.
I thought I would go up-market as it was my mums 78th birthday.
The restaurant when we arrived had only two diners and this should have set the alarm bells ringing.The staff were friendly and the restaurant was clean and well laid out.
I decided to order the Thai chicken curry,my mum ordered the burger with chips and my dad the scampi.
The curry can only be described as weak tasting with very average slices of chicken,a bit like those old vesta currys you used to get from the supermarket.The burger was ample but the sauces were on the miniscule side.The scampi was the worst of all and was served to my 80 year old dad in a small box [similar to popcorn chicken from KFC] and not on a plate.The chips were served in a sieve like container and ammounted to around 8 chips each.
With drinks the bill came to about £60 and I felt that I had just been robbed.
Very dissapointing from one of Belfast's supposedly key locations.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, N. Ireland
“Pre-show Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Whilst disappointed at not getting into the Grand Opera House restaurant, this more than made up. The meals were very good, off a limited menu for the pre show deal. The best starter was the pate which was excellent and then good old fish and chips. Light batter, nice white fish, crispy chips and a bed of mushy peas. Very tasty and just £14.95 for two courses.
The service was second to none and there is that cosmopolitan atmosphere of being in a big city centre hotel. There is always something to see as you look out onto busy Gt. Victoria St. It wasn't too busy, just very friendly and a good buzz.

• Visited February 2013