“Something Different” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
belfast
“Something Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of 7 adults with 3 children celebrating a Birthday party and were overall very satisfied with our meals but disappointed with the children's menu there choice was burger , fish fingers or pizza all served with skinny chips which looked awful. Two of the children were 11 and 10 who would have preferred a mini version of what the adults had. The service was excellent and our waiter was very efficient. It felt a bit bizarre having your drink from jam jars but this is the essence of the place a lot of recycling and eclectic furniture . Would I come back here again? Maybe! The drinks are quite expensive and as for paying over £2 for a green tea which is in essence 1 tea bag and hot water think that is a bit much.

Visited December 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Eclectic Belfast experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Good Northern Irish food in a simple, unpretentious environment. Try to count the number of furniture styles! Very good for lunch; slight downside was the very salty chips. Even so, I'd happily go back.

Visited December 2013
Northern Ireland
“Try it. You won't be disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Friendly, welcoming staff make such a pleasant first impression at Made in Belfast, Cathedral Quarter.
The ambience is charming - a quirky interior adds to the general buzz of the restaurant. Don't forget to look up.
We started with cocktails (which took a while to come) but were great value for money at £3 on a sunday evening.
Wine was 'organic' which I thought might mean expensive and bland, BUT it was neither. Full bodied red cab sauv - every mouthful a joy.
Starter - pork and duck terrine - was bland. there was little flavour from the terrine, but the freshly baked roll, sprinkling of sea salt on the butter and little jelly cubes were all yummy - presentation was pretty too. Hubby had piri piri prawns which were much more successful with little light, flavoursome bites.
Main - I had the duo of venison and it was cooked to perfection. I requested my venison steak blue and it was. Thankfully ... as I send them back otherwise (fusspot)
I passed on pud, but my hubby had apple crumble which was huge and delicious in equal measure.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barry, United Kingdom
“Fab food in a Fab Environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I went here with colleagues from work for an evening out while we were in a conference in Belfast. there were 22 of us and they coped really well. Very friendly staff, The food was the best I have had in ages and the decor was really different
I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everybody

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louth Lincolnshire
“An out of the way treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Found this lovely restaurant down what I would consider a side street away from the main city. It was a busy evening but they maaged to find us a table, nice friendly staff with efficient service. The food was certainly a treat and tasted absolutely lovely. Next time I am in Belfast I will definitely call again

• Visited November 2013