“1st time visit” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ballymena, United Kingdom
“1st time visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Taken here by a friend as a birthday treat. Am glad we had booked because as we were seated I saw the staff turn away at least 10 people.
Decided to have some cocktails but was a bit miffed to read the different prices. £3.00 Mon - Wed but over £5 at the weekend. Having said that, decided to try a poshmopolitan?. It was absolutely delicious - congrats to the bar tender, nicest cocktail I've had.

The food was also very tasty. Had the belly pork which was lovely and tender. Would definitely go back but would try at the start of the week to avail of the cheaper prices of the cocktails.

Belfast, N Ireland
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Four of us went for a meal on Friday night - my husband & i had never been before - the young couple we were with had and it was their request to head back!

Had heard some mixed reviews about it & before going was bit reticent about sound of decor. The cathedral quarter premises were bright &, although not my style, was pleasant environment to eat in. The service was very good - boys had starters, us girls stuck to main courses & we all had puds!

In a nutshell what I had was lovely & certainly I wouldnt have any complaints. My hubby on the other hand thought it was overrated and over priced & as for the plates both his starter & main were served in, well, it certainly didnt float his boat!!

Before going to eat here I'd been warned that the loos were a bit "off" to say the least - having now been in them ... emm don't really get the decor, especially as there were quite a few kids eating in the restaurant the night we were there.

So overall although we had a lovely evening out it was a mixed reaction to the food & price but I'd certainly be happy to go again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Contrived decor, bad food and terrible service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This was my second and last time eating here. This place is priced like a bistro but the food is just bland and fatty. I had crab fritters to start that were mushy greasy balls with no taste of crab meat. I had the special lamb which I really should have sent back but the staff were such unrepsonsive zombies I didnt even bother as I didnt want to be met by their blank stares. They gave us the desert menu again after we had already ordered desert and when we ASKED for the bill the server reminded us we had to leave soon for the next sitting! Like duh, why do you think we asked for the bill? Would never go back- too expensive, bad food and terrible staff.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portrush, United Kingdom
“Good enough food, very poor service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

The decor and theme of this restaurant can not be faulted and is well worth a look, I would not however build the hopes for a outstanding meal (good but not great), or attentive service (poor). There is room 4 improvement which could make this a very good informal eatery.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
belfast
“Great food, quality service and excellent atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Was at Belsonic and popped in for a quick bite with my wife. Great vibe in the busy restruant. Despite all tables being filled the service was prompt, polite, knowledgeable and 'on top of it'. I had the hake special, cooked perfectly with scallops and delicious leek and mushroom sauce. Wife had the steak, cooked perfectly to order with an excellent pepper sauce. Timing was great and service highly attentive. Didn't pay a fortune, and exactly what was required. Will be back again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere