“Can't ask for more” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter

You added Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   106 University Street, Belfast BT7 1HP, Northern Ireland   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Londonderry Northern Ireland
“Can't ask for more”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very nice hotel, stayed for one night. I arrived at 12.00pm at the hotel and check in wasn't until 2pm but the staff were extremely friendly and managed to check me in. One great advantage to this hotel was the secure car park which is free at charge to use.

The room was a nice size and very clean, one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in also. The bathroom was also very clean and the shower was also very nice. No complaints about the room at all.

The hotel is very well located its a 20 minute work to the city centre and a taxi is not too expensive from here. Breakfast is included in the price which was also very nice and hard to complain about.

Overall I would not hesitate to use again and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your stay & that you were more than satisfied with everything.
I hope to welcome you back in the future sometime.

Jackie Kelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference and to see friends.

Checked in in under 2 mins, room was lovely, very clean and a great work environment in the evenings. One of the best things was definitely the free Wi-Fi; that'd be a big reason to go back! Their Internet filter is a bit odd though (blocks any web address with the word 'sex' in it, which I found out when trying to visit the hotel's website, which has it in the address!)

Friendly staff, great cleaning service, nice powerful shower. Breakfast was great and drinks were decent hotel prices.

Only downside was noise on the first night. Couple of large groups running and shouting between rooms. Fortunately I work and sleep through anything but might not be great for some guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us & that you were satisfied with everything. I will relay your comments to the team who I know will be delighted.

Manchester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice rooms, staff very friendly and value for money . About a 40 minute walk into the city centre but there are bars and restaurants close by. The breakfast was a disappointment as it was limited and everything was a bit past its best but considering the cost of the room it was no big deal to go out to eat. We stayed for two nights and the service otherwise was very good. We arrived early but our rooms were ready it cost £30 in a taxi from the International Airport

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am delighted you found the hotel & its facilities value for money & that you found the staff to be very friendly. I will relay your review back to them. I am sorry you found the breakfast a disappointment as a Holiday Inn Express the breakfast usually tends to be limited but it should not have been unsatisfactory I will speak to the kitchen with regards to this so this can be rectified. Thank you for your feedback.

Omagh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great hotel to stay in if you have a show or even planning a night out! Close central location and an abundance of taxis which are cheap and willing to take you anywhere!

Buffet breakfast in the morning which is to die for! Usual selection with no limit!

Room size and price is good!

Worth a visit! :)

• Stayed March 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I intended to contact management directly following a one night stay with my boyfriend earlier this week however, following an email from the hotel yesterday which prompted me to leave a review on trip advisor i have taken the decision to do just that.

It was my boyfriend's birthday and we decided to take 2 days off from our 9-5 jobs and do some sightseeing in Belfast, dinner, drinks, etc. Our hopes of a lie in were dashed when, at 8.30am in the morning, noises which sounded like someone in the room above us was demolishing the place (drilling, banging, etc) began ... and didn't stop! We can only assume they were renovating the entire floor above us as surely they wouldn't have put us in a room directly below a room in which they had planned works going on?! We admitted defeat at 9.15 and got up for breakfast (the noises were still going on at 12noon when we checked out). I appreciate that January is a quiet time for hotels and that they need to take advantage of this time to get work done but i would have at least appreciated some advance warning.

I chose the holiday inn express due to the location (close to the ulster museum which we wanted to visit during our stay) and also due to breakfast being included in the £48/night price which we thought would be more convenient than having to settle a separate bill at the end of our stay.

However, it seems that including breakfast in the price has obliterated the need for the holiday inn to make any effort in relation to the "breakfast" provided. The "fresh" fruit juice is obviously made from concentrate as the liquid which came from the container marked apple juice tasted like water and the orange juice was the opposite - far too strong, tasted horrible! The fruit (apples, bananas, pears) looked like it had been there for several weeks - black, bruised, wizened. The cooked breakfast on offer consisted of shrivelled up bacon, sausages, dried up scrambled eggs and beans. So unappetising i passed on cooked breakfast and opted just for cereal and toast. Very disappointing. If we had been late for breakfast i might have put it down to that but breakfast is served until 10.30 so this was over an hour before it was due to finish.

We were very disappointed with the Holiday Inn Express - I would not recommend it and would not stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am really sorry that you didnt enjoy your time with us and that you were disappointed. As a way of explanation and in no way an excuse the noise that you encountered was from an adjoining unit to the hotel on the ground and not the hotel itself. There are works being carried out between 9am & 4pm week days only with any noisy work being kept to a minimum. Unfortunately this is beyond the hotels control. I have been informed that all works will be complete by mid March 2013.
I have relayed your comments of the breakfast back to the kitchen so they can rectify where needed. Thank you for your feedback.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very happy with our stay. The hotel was not too far from the centre. The room was very spacious and clean. Pleasant staff, and excellent breakfast!!!

The only downside is that it can be pretty noisy, especially at the weekend when you've got neighbours who have had a bit too much. The girl at the reception said they were working on soundproofing though. The bed was not too my liking, but in the end, everybody is different.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpressbyHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you for your pleasant review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay & that you enjoyed our free cooked breakfast. The beds are Holiday Inn Express brand standard beds so I am sorry that they were not to your liking.
I hope to welcome you back in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was in Belfast City just for the night, just to clear up some paperwork and decided to stay at the Holiday Inn Express as it was near (ish) Upper Galwally...about £5-6 pounds taxi ride, £8-10 from Belfast City Airport.

I arrived at about 1030hrs in the morning on a Friday. I thought, probably going to have to leave my bags and check in later, but to my pleasant surprise, they checked my in as long as I didn't mind a twin...no problem...checked in.

The room is pretty sparse, just some places to hang your clothes (no cupboard), Flat Screen, Desk and Tea/Coffee facilities.

The room was clean and so was the bathroom, with a great shower.

Left the hotel to do my stuff and finished early, came back and had a Vegetarian pepperoni pizza...yes...well it tasted like pepperoni, but it was ok, obviously a typo.

Thought, I'd try get back to Gatwick and home...bear in mind this was the 18th Jan...the start of the snow !! Well I checked out, headed to the Airport...got cancelled after waiting 4 hrs, come back tomorrow they said.

Tried to call the Holiday Inn Express, but got Central reservations all the time. They advised as I had checked out, they couldn't confirm if I could check back in.

Got to the Holiday Inn Express, told them what happened, they said, no problem, I had paid for the room , so as far as they were concerned it was still my room...and also, welcome back !

Had Dinner (steak) and a drink there...again not great, but was ok.

The staff helped my print my web-checkin boarding passes and
Reception booked my taxi for a 5am start.

All in all, actual trip was a nightmare, the Manager/Staff 5 stars. Food probably wouldn't eat there again unless stuck in the snow. Hotel room nice clean, sparse, but served its purpose.

I paid £50, which included full english breakfast...alas, 5am...was too early for breakfast...

Would I go back if I was doing a little overnighter ? Yes.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your trip was a nightmare due to flights being cancelled but I am happy to hear that the staff & managers were helpful. I am sorry you were not fully satisfied with the food in the restaurant I will pass your comments to the kitchen team. I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Jackie Kelly

Been to Holiday Inn Express Belfast City Queens Quarter? Share your experiences!