“Peaceful weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Isle of wight
“Peaceful weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

My other half and myself have just gotten back from a lovely long weekend away in Belfast, while a good 30 minute walk from the city centre there is much to take in, you've got the queens university and the botanical gardens,I'm glad we picked the Malone lodge, after walking around the city it was lovely to come back to this peaceful location,everything is done to a very high standard loved all the comfy seating and open planned vibe to the lobby area, the rooms were a little warm at night (to be expected during summer) but we had a great nights sleep non the less, the breakfast was very good, much better than buffet breakfasts we've had in the past, really fresh - I'm already missing the sausages lol, we ate twice at the restaurant, I'd highly recommend the triple pig burger! We took a sightseeing tour which is a great idea, lots of info to tell you more about Belfast and it's history and a stop right outside is perfect!, we also did the game of thrones tour, which is why we were in the city, it's a great chance to really take in N.Irelands landscape, tours can and did pick us up from the hotel! Bonus! The staff were all very warm and welcoming and helpful, Yep a big thumbs up from us :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Sharonstar87

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here with us at Malone Lodge Hotel.

We are delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel including the comfy seating and lobby area, a great night’s sleep, the breakfast - really fresh – and thank you for highly recommend the triple pig burger!
I will ensure that we have additional sheets available on hot nights where at all possible.
I do hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back again in the future to the Malone Lodge Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Port Moody
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

On a 15 day Irish bus tour, this was a hotel for two nights. Setting was kind of nice - in a residential area and so it was fairly quiet and on nice tree lined streets.
Lobby was very pretty and had nice comfy seating. Wifi access was free although some issues with connection. Our supper set up was wierd - we had several tables and one odd booth of which 4 of us sat at and my feet did not touch the floor......
The room was hot and I did call down for just a sheet instead of these heavy comforters every hotel had - got a shell for a comforter instead?
After the first night, the maid left me a sheet and that worked well. The last morning for breakfast - I think they were not prepared for us to be a bit early - even though our bus driver said ti would be fine. The man who was setting stuff up was more than frazzled. Once the lady in charge arrived, things seem to get moving. Food was always good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear QPW

We are delighted that you enjoyed many aspects of the hotel including the tree lined setting and the comfortable lobby and complimentary Wi-Fi throughout.

I acknowledge your constructive feedback regarding the heat in the room and profoundly apologise for this. I will raise this with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that we have additional sheets available on hot nights where at all possible.

Thank you for highlighting the issue you encountered with service in Breakfast, I will ensure to pass on your constructive feedback to our Restaurant Manager and will ensure that she addresses same with her team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Arrived on a Sunday evening after a day of sight-seeing, check in was very fast. Room we were allocated had a unit outside the window (possibly refrigeration unit) which was very noisy. Spoke to Daryl at the front desk who was very helpful and accommodated us by checking us into an executive suite across the road from the front door of the hotel. Very comfortable and spacious room complete with Jacuzzi bath!

Breakfast was of great quality. Hotel in a good location, a short taxi journey (£5/6) from Victoria Square Shopping Center.

Would stay in the Malone Lodge again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Dec D
I was delighted to read your very positive review of your recent stay with us. It is so encouraging to get such great feedback. I have passed this on to the team. Thank you for your great feedback regarding the breakfast which is cooked to order. We hope to see you again very soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel last night it was very comfy the staff were polite and helpful we stopped One night for a concert but we got a great heal ...One night Cliff concert dinner and breakfast £120 all in would stopp there again x.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi David A,

Thanks for the great feedback on the hotel and the deal that you got. We hope to see you back in the Malone Lodge Hotel soon! Many thanks again from all the team.
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went to a friend's wedding. Tried to check in at 2.30pm. Was told check in wasn't until 3. Tried to check in at 4. Successfully checked in at 5pm. We had been 'upgraded' to a suite. Massively stained sofa and bed, pretty unattractive bathroom. The wedding was fun, but not helped by the truly awful food. We had roast beef. Imagine the thinnest cut of grey anaemic meat, accompanied by a "roast" potato that I imagine was deep fried. Then microwaved. It certainly wasn't roasted in goose fat. And then desserts that were inedible. A trio of desserts, each more awful than the last. This place is a letdown to Belfast. Sort it out.

Room Tip: Rooms in pretty much any other hotel are better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bang0rb0und

Firstly my sincere thanks for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was very disappointed to read your feedback on your recent experience with us.

We pride ourselves in getting it right for all our guests and it is very disappointing to hear that on this occasion we did not reach your expectations. I profoundly apologise for this. We like to think that our food is one of the many areas of expertise we pride ourselves on, we sincerely hope that you will trust in us to take this feedback constructively and rectify an exceptional experience which does not match the usual standards.

I would also like to apologise for the issues regarding your room.

Once again my sincere thanks for expressing your views which are extremely important to us as it is only through feedback from pro-active guests like yourself that we can hope to maintain the high standards for which the Malone Lodge Hotel is renowned for.

Finally I do hope you will consider another visit to us so that we may have the opportunity to rectify this experience which does not match the usual Malone Lodge Hotel Welcome.
Kerrykeel, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I booked the Malone Lodge apartments as part of a package with Belfast Hen parties. We had 2 apartments, and they were superb - clean, comfortable, with excellent facilities. Towels and bed linen are supplied, as well as little toiletries in the bathroom, and a selection of cereals, tea, coffee and biscuits in the kitchen, and even a carton of milk in the fridge. The icing on the cake for me was the congratulations card and hen party banner waiting in the apartment.Such a lovely little touch!
We had a cocktail class with Tony, which was great craic, and a delicious meal in the Knife & Fork restaurant. We didn't have time to have our dessert, and the staff were extremely kind, sending our desserts up to the apartment so that we could have something to tuck into when we got home!
I couldn't recommend the Malone Lodge highly enough, for facilities, food, location and service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hi MurphyCiara,

Thank you so much for the great feedback. I cannot wait to pass it on to the team. I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your hen with us and that you would recommend us to others. Good luck with the wedding!
Eire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed in this hotel at the end of March. We got a deal on Grabone.ie. We when arrived our room was ready which was great- there was a slight problem with the key which meant a few trips up & down before a manager came up with us & got it sorted.
Room was nice & big with a big bathroom with a bath- a big plus for me. We were to the front of the hotel & heard alot of noise throughout the night from people coming back from nightclubs etc so not much sleep got.
When I made the booking we were offered a special dinner rate which we decided to go with after we checked in just for an easy life as we knew we wouldn't be in the city that day to check out restaurants. The food was lovely however we felt that the portions were on the small side and they charge you for anything extra should you want it ie. a side portion of say chips which I think is really scabby. It was however a really nice dinner @ £17pp for 3 courses its not bad value for money. Did go for a quick wander before dinner- turned right outside the hotel & left at the traffic lights there are a few very nice restaurants & an award winning steak house on the street so I would probably give one of those a try next time.
The hotel is a little outside the city centre but we drove in in about 5-10mins so it was fine. We really wanted to visit The Giants Causeway, Carrick a Rede Rope Bridge & Titanic Centre so we didnt have much time in the city centre but we hope to go back & do the city properly next time.
Breakfast was nice BUT way over priced- I ordered 'Pancakes' from the menu & what I got was 1 pancake cut in 4 pieces & it cost me £10!!! I think management needs to look at the breakfast menu & do some changes. There is a little cafe practically next door to the hotel which offers full breakfast for like £6/£7 or something! Which I was sorry we hadn't just popped in there!
Overall it was a nice hotel but I think for the price we could probably find somewhere else closer to the city centre!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are probably quieter!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Malone-Lodge-Hotels, Manager at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi happiest-on-hols,
I am really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Malone Lodge Hotel. All feedback we receive is great and the constructive review you have given has allowed me to address the pricing and menu issues you have raised with both my head chef and also restaurant manager. Hopefully from here we will be able to tweak the menu to help our guest and the Malone Lodge Hotel.

I do hope you decide to return to the Malone Lodge Hotel again

Been to Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!