“A pleasant surprise to a cozy stay...” 4 of 5 stars

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Eglantine Avenue, Belfast BT9 6DY, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A pleasant surprise to a cozy stay...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was under reno & stayed at the apartment. To our surprise...its a fully furnished unit at a steal - £79 per night! Bed was clean, & you can find all you need - from washer, cooking stove, microwave, oven & even comes with 2 LCD TVs! Only disappointment was the instant heater, you have to take very quick shower in a cold weather! Otherwise, hot water runs out in a split of second. Overall, a B&B worth considering....

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. Appartment was fine but not like the pictures on the web site . We didn't have a bay window but ended up in the attic. The bedroom and bathroom were good but room with kitchen units and couch was along room and smelt damp. In addition the bedroom was adjacent to the lift and if we hear ' going up, second floor ' one more time I think we will go mad. This is not really acceptable. Parking was fine, no problem at all and resteuarantswere very good in the area ESP bourbon at queens and deans on queens.

Breakfast pack was four packs of cereal and one pint of milk for 4 days so we didn't gain weight!
Have experinced better apts in the area. Maybe when the hotel is complete we might look for an offer and try it again as staff are keen to help and area is great.

Room Tip: Don't go for 704 and 707 as lift will talk all night if in use and small sitting room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed at the Malone Lodge Apartments which was fine. It was really nice to have a lounge, kitchen etc as we were over in Northern Ireland for the best part of a week. The bed was comfortable and the shower great!

The restaurant was closed due to a major refurb in the hotel itself but we were provided with breakfast packs which were fine for purpose.

My only gripe is due to the contractors vans taking up up the large majority of the upper and underground car park, we had serious issues with parking. The local streets are always chocka block with cars so you need to ensure that, if you're driving, the works are finished before you go. If the refurb is still happening, you will really struggle to park.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and I really feel for them having to carry on working in the middle of what was essentially a building site. So much building dust!

All in all it was a good stay, but as I have said. Once the refurb is finished I would definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Drogheda, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed in the ML a few times... actually... I have never stayed in the hotel itself... but in their annex across the road. They have the best value apartments in B'fast!

Clean, good size, good value and great location. I am a light sleeper and love the quiet. Only gripes are the light in the bathroom has a sensor and everytime I went past the door it clicked on etc. Also the curtains in the bedroom aren't measured correctly and do not meet in the middle... so light pours in early in the morning... but I used a hair clip to sort that one out.

Room Tip: Make sure to grab an apartment across the road... I love the independance and privacy of being able...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I stayed in the Malone Lodge, in one of their appartments, over Christmas. I have no complaint about the accommodation, which was excellent value and is very well located, or about the staff. What I was really disappointed about was their offering on Christmas Day. They charged £70 per head for a meal that would barely be acceptable in a pub carvery, and which was served in a dismal, windowless function room which had hardly even been decorated for Christmas. The tables and chairs were squeezed in, and the "festive atmosphere" was hardly enhanced by the stainless steel portable bain-marie from which the soggy vegetables were served. We had booked for a late sitting (4 PM), which turned out to have been a mistake, as we confronted a pillaged starters buffet and side dishes that were running out. No apology was made for the fact that one of the main courses, roast beef, was at this point a withered, unappetizing morsel. We also had the delightful sight then of staff clearing dishes and napkins into black plastic sacks while we ate. I have also had Chistmas dinner in the Hilton in Belfast - the same price, but in a different league as regards the quality of food and surroundings. I know where I'd be booking next time if I ever spend Christmas in Belfast again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Twickenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times now, there is an interesting and eclectic set of "rooms". Last stay at the begining of December I was in an executive suite which was vast and very comfy. It was actually the smallest of the rooms I've stayed in here. I have also stayed in one of the suites in the building across the road and one of the apartments that are down the street a little way. Both of these give you plenty of room to spread out and would be more than suited to a small family. The staff are excellent. There's just the right amount of chit chat without it becoming overbearing. Food is decent enough (I felt that drinks were over-priced but have no comparison with other Belfast outlets). Tempted as you might be by a full breakfast, you should try the porridge. It is quite remarkable. My only grumble would be that the hotel charge for use of wi-fi. I know that many hotels do this but as a business user it annoys me no end.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cookstown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is our fourth visit to this hotel this year and I continue to find it a lovely place to stay. The food is beautiful, in both the bar and restaurant and breakfast is always a feast to behold. I am starting to notice the hotel is getting a little worn around the edges but a big renovation is about to commence so hopefully the décor and rooms will get the freshen up which is urgently required. Always clean beyond belief. Compliments to housekeeping. Staff always so friendly and make you feel very welcome and nothing is a problem. On our last visit we were in room which had obviously had been painted, gloss paint and heat don’t marry very well and without hesitation we were moved.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!