“Comfortable place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Eglantine Avenue, Belfast BT9 6DY, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #14 of 44 hotels in Belfast
Dublin
“Comfortable place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed in the apartments over Christmas while visiting family. When we arrived there was all the things you would need for breakfast even milk and orange juice in the fridge and a loaf of bread.
The bedrooms were comfortable and the two bathroom were very clean. It was nice to have a living room to come back to and just chill.
You could park your car under the apartments but it was a bit tight.
It is in a location that is close to the city centre of Belfast and has many palce to eat and shop nearby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

667 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Booked a function room here for a family gathering. The hotel staff were excellent and extremely helpful, the food, which was soup and sandwiches was tasty. The booking was extremely well priced. Hotel overall was clean and tidy. Would used the hotel again for a similar function.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in the apartments at the weekend and enjoyed it very much. Very comfortable and lots of space the bathrooms were excellent with a jacuzzi bath. The bed was very comfy and the lounge was a great addition. Overall the staff we encountered were top class and very willing to go out of their way to assist in any request. Well done and i can only imagine with the refurb how brilliant the Malone will be.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I am a firm believer in first impressions. Arrived at the hotel and had to wait over 5 mins. When he came out there was no apology for the wait, no welcome to the hotel and no eye contact whatsoever. a receptionist then arrived called Kayleigh and took over - she was lovely and very friendly.

We had booked an executive room so we were then told to follow the man who had started our check in who would take us over. We had to go back out into the rain to go across the street to the building opposite. A bit strange.

Our room was lovely, large and clean. As we arrived a bit later than planned I showered and we headed back outside and over to the main hotel for dinner.

We had booked the let's shop deal so got an evening meal included in the price. Seriously disappointed from start to finish. Firstly the restaurant wasn't open so we were told we had to eat in the bar. There were no seats left in the small bar so had to back into the reception area and eat our dinner off the coffee table! - very uncomfortable!
In the deal you are supposed to get a glass of mulled wine - that was never offered. We were offered the menu, made our decision then another guy came over and said we had to pick off a different menu that only had 3 choices for each course. Soup was fine. My main of satay Chicken was one of the worst meals I've ever had it was literally a lump of peanut butter on a boiled chicken breast. i couldn't eat it! very disappointing meal!

On the way back over to our room I asked for more shampoo, was told they would be sent straight over - it never arrived :-(

Breakfast was lovely and the girl that served us was great.

Overall I feel there were more bad points to this stay than good and unfortunately I don't think I would return and will not recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed December 2012
Kildare Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A Warm Comfortable and friendly hotel, just outside Belfast. Staff very friendly, bar food good, rooms clean and very quite. I stayed in 215 and bed was very confortable. Nice bathroom with both bath and shower. Great choice of fresh breakfast. A nice safe area to stay if you visiting Belfast. Bus to city 2 min walk from hotel.. Parking very expensive in city centre car parks, while Belfast city is a lovely place to shop. The Titantic tour is very enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ardee, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Over the past decade... I have stayed (& have booked rooms for various family members & friends) in both the main hotel & the apartments across the road.. and I have yet to have a bad night's sleep.. I am not a breakfast eater... so cannot comment on the breakfasts on offer... but the apartment(s) I have stayed in are clean, comfy and very importantly QUIET... I am an exceptionally light sleeper... and always sleep when I stay in the Malone Lodge Apartments (opp the road from the hotel)..
I had a seperate living room... which is great as I sometimes wake in the night and watch the news... (and in the past I had my other half with me...who wouldn't appreciate Sky News @ 2am!!)
The staff are always fast & efficient.. I am a typical male.. check me in quick... get me to my room and leave me alone...please..
The bathroom is also a treat... as it has a seperate wet room... area... and as I am 6ft5... it was nice to have a shower that was installed with all heights in mind..
Basically... I have stayed here (on & off) for over 11 years... and will continue to do so... The refurbishment can only add to what is already there...

Room Tip: opt for one of the apartments accross the road... better privacy... quieter... and very very comfy...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Booked 4 of the apartments for a Hen weekend. Staff where extremely helpful and very friendly, helped with all our travel arrangements, even checking in all 18 of us on our flight home and printing off boarding passes Apartments where clean and well maintained all very spacious and well equipped. Location was good would recommend this place to any large groups.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Aweegem, Owner at Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Ormes
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your recent kind review of your stay with us. I’m delighted to see that all of you had such a great time and hopefully you enjoyed, most of what Belfast has to offer for a great weekend away!

I was especially pleased to hear that you thought both the staff and the housekeeping standards were both very friendly and of very high standard. Although we do get feedback on both departments like this regularly, it is always a pleasure to hear it and be able to pass it onto the team.

On behalf of the hotel and all our team, I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and wish you all the very best wishes for the upcoming wedding. Hopefully we’ll see you all back soon.

Kind Regards
Gareth Macklin
Managing Director

Been to Malone Lodge Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!