“Hotel Europa - warm friendly service, beautifully furnished and central!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Europa Hotel - Belfast

You added Europa Hotel - Belfast to your Saves list
Europa Hotel - Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great Victoria St., Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #8 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Sussex
“Hotel Europa - warm friendly service, beautifully furnished and central!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

Perfect hotel for short break and women on their own. Room beautifully furnished and welcoming. Asked for single room and was allocated double room so even better. Only criticism was no mini-bar in room. Breakfast everything you could want. Front of house service first class. Would recommend without hesitation Hotel Europa if you are visiting Belfast. Location superb.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Greek first
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

Stayed in the Europa for 3 nights with a friend, we had a lovely room which we could not fault which was very clean, clean towels every day. The location is excellent for theatre,shopping and sightseeing, we also ate in the piano bar restaurant which was first class. The staff were all very helpfull and friendly and nothing seemed to be a problem

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2009

Just returned from a recent stay in the Europa with my wife and children. This was our second trip this year following from one earlier in the year where we raised some minor concerns. This time round, we simply couldn't fault the hotel. Our room (The Shannon Suite) was impressive, quiet, spacious, well appointed, and very very comfortable. The reception staff and concierge were their usual excellent selves. Perhaps the biggest vote has to go to the restaraunt. The breakfasts were very good, but the evening meals have improved significantly from our last stay, In fact, we dined out on our first night in a local Italian restaraunt of some repute, and we found the quality of the food in the hotel restaraunt to be better and more reasonably priced when we tried it.

All in all, a very impressive hotel which not only appears to listen to what their customers want, but actually delivers and does so impressively, our vote would be 11 out of 10 !! We cannot but emphatically recommend it.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

I stayed at Europa out of necessity rather than choice(see review of Hilton, Belfast) as this was only hotel in Belfast with smoking room available at 8.30pm on Saturday evening. On arrival at reception, Said was efficient and friendly, that, however is only good point about this hotel. There was a wedding taking place and we had the dubious pleasure of sharing the lift with some drunken guests whose language was rather too colorful considering their average age was around 17.
The room was TINY. Nowhere to put suitcase and when suitcase was on floor at bottom of bed it was impossible to walk round to other side of bed. Coffee making facilties were available but the coffee was disgusting. I checked that the milk sachets were in date, it tasted so bad. We ordered room service, simple steak and chips. Disgusting. No room to eat it and food was terrible. Tried to access the internet but this would have involved a trip to reception to get voucher to then enter details of from bedroom.
The bathroom had obviously been renovated but whilst the shower was very good the tiles were half hanging on wall and very badly grouted. The bed was relatively comfortable if small. Breakfast came on time to room but fresh fruit salad from a tin??? Coffee in a teapot? Toast that was barely warm bread!
This hotel lives on past glories and the recent fly -on -the -wall tv documentary should warn potential guests to avoid this hotel like the plague.
DONT BE TEMPTED TO STAY HERE.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
carrolll, Management Representative at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, September 10, 2009
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for having chosen Hastings Europa Hotel, albeit not down to choice during your recent visit to the city. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your experiences here at the Hotel.
I thank you in the first instance for acknowledging our receptionist. He was delighted when I told him of your story. However, I am sorry that everything was not of the standard expected from a 4* Hotel. Our guest feedback is one way we can ensure we have maintained our standards and address anything which falls short of this, to ensure the utmost in excellent customer service.
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Hotel for the shortcomings received in service. I apologize profusely for the noise in the hotel due the wedding but I can assure you that we tried as hard as we could to quell the noise coming from this function and deal with accordingly.
As it was a Saturday night at 8.30pm in the evening, our availability of rooms as you can appreciate is very low. The only available room type at this stage was a classic superior room which is our smallest room type and although containing a double bed, is much more comfortable when staying alone.
Please be assured I have passed on your comments to the relevant departments in order to evaluate. In particular our Restaurant Manager is currently addressing the room service issues. This is certainly below our normal standards. I apologize for the internet but unfortunately internet access is not included in the rate.
Could I please ask in what room number you stayed in so that we may investigate the tiling issue. Our rooms are checked on a daily basis and to date we are not aware of this problem. We would most certainly like to address this.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention and to re-iterate that this is not the standards that Hotel Management accept.
Once again thank you for your comments, as it only through such feedback that we can continually improve. I would be ever so grateful if you could supply me with the room number or indeed surname so that I may investigate further to ensure that our standards are nothing short of excellent.

Yours Sincerely

General Managers Office
Europa Hotel
Belfast
newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

I have been travelling to belfast since 2001 as i have a business there, and for no reason have used most of the 4/5 star quality hotels BUT NOT the europa, so when i suggested to my wife that we go and see the tall ships i thought it was time to try the most bombed hotel in europe - i had always thought that it seemed big and impersonal as some 'famous' hotels can be, how wrong i was ! the reception staff were efficient but in a way user-friendly way that i would expect in a smaller, more intimate boutique type premises, first tick in the box. We had booked a suite as a treat, our room was ready even though we were checking in late morning and after an early start from newcastle it was great to get to go straight up to the room( we were probably just jammy ) and when we got there WHAT a room, 2 v large plasma screens, fantastic bathroom and 2 toilets.... big ticks in boxes! location wise its spot on, an easy stagger from the crown liquor saloon and handy for everything. Breakfast although buffet style was really good too, my wife still mentions the sausages, all in all i wonder why it took me 8 years to sample the europa

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Kerkrade, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

I stayed here during the Tall Ships Festival, and the whole city seemed to be enthusiastic about the few days the ships were in Belfast. I have always enjoyed the Europa, and, if anything, the hotel has improved, which was a feat. From the reception staff (under pressure because of the crowds) to the bar and restaurant staff, no-one could have been friendlier or more helpful. The Executive Room was excellent, and quiet too. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

x
I recently stayed at the Europa in Belfast for the first time two years ago and returned there this year for a longer stay.
I originally picked this hotel for the location ... it can't be beat. The Europa is centrally located right by the Great Victoria Train station & The Europa bus station, handy to travel to and from other destinations anywhere in Ireland.
For first time visitors it is very close to the Belfast Welcome Centre ... good for getting a comprehensive list of tours and things to do in Northern Ireland.
Some of this info is also found at the Hotel as well and the concierge and staff go out of their way to be helpful.

I returned this time as I really liked the hotel and the atmosphere. The hotel itself is very visually appealling inside and out.
The rooms are very tastefully decorated ... new plasma TVs ... kept impeccably clean and the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. All nice to come back to at the end of the day. Mornings the buffet breakfast is excellent and has a great selection of everything you could want.

The Europa is also within walking distance to many landmarks of great interest such
as The City Hall ... The Linen Hall and many other sites of interest.
Close by are great restaurants like the new "Made in Belfast" and shops like Coppermoon where you can find artwork, gifts and jewellery by local artists and Avoca
a wonderful shop that sells everything from clothing to home & kitchen with
a nice restaurant to take a lunch break).

This is why I returned to the Europa and will again. It is the perfect hotel, for first time visitors and now returning guests like myself.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo

Been to Europa Hotel - Belfast? Share your experiences!