“Good overnight stay for valentines” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Europa Hotel - Belfast

Save Saved
You added Europa Hotel - Belfast to your Saves list
Europa Hotel - Belfast
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Great Victoria St., Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Portadown, United Kingdom
“Good overnight stay for valentines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayed on Sat 16th Feb for the valentines package and we were fairly happy. Few negatives, room far too warm and no way to turn heat down, reception didn't care. We were kept waiting 30 minstrel after our booked dinner slot and when I asked for a complimentary drink reception got us this but the restaurant charged and also failed to give me my £4 change, their service was poor so I didn't intend on letting them keep it. Room very nice, comfy bed, good bathroom and breakfast fantastic -excellent selection. In my opinion this is a fair and balanced review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
carrolll, Manager at Europa Hotel - Belfast, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear chris_haugh,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your overall stay with ourselves. I apologise for the service you received in our Restaurant and I have taken these issues up with our Restaurant Manager to ensure we continue to strive to provide the most efficient and highest quality service. I hope this issue did not affect your overall stay ad we would love to have you return to the Europa Hotel where I am confident we can improve on your last stay. We hope to be seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Greek first
Dundalk, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Special Valentine deal of dinner B and B with a glass of bubbley and a pink Hastings rubber ducky. Beautiful room and fab service . This hotel is right in the centre of Belfast where there s a great buzz. Staff were super. Friendly and professional

Dear larrylamb,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with ourselves and received the full service the Hotel has to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our staff members and we look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit.

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend have just returned from a lovely late Valentine's stay at the Europa. We have been fortunate to stay in quite a few of the other most highly rated hotels in the city and we can now add the Europa to this list. Our room whilst on the small size - which isn't an issue for a one night stay, was clean, cosy and comfortable. The bed in particular was probably the best I have ever slept in! We stopped for a quick lunch in the Piano bar and although the staff were busy and it was nearly full with bookings for Afternoon Tea, they managed to find us a quiet table and chairs away from the busier spots.

After reading other reviews about the quality of service and food at Sunday morning breakfast, I can safely say that it was the complete opposite for us. We received impeccable service from very polite and helpful young servers as well as an excellent breakfast. We were brought newspapers and checked on a couple of times to ensure that all was to our liking. Again, all whilst the staff were busy and the restaurant almost at capacity.

Check in/out was a breeze with the friendly front desk staff and we left feeling well rested and relaxed. Well done Europa!!

Dear toast29,

Thank you so much for posting such a brilliant comment on your recent visit to the Europa Hotel. I am so delighted you got to experience the full service we have to offer. I have passed on your great feedback to our all staff members. We would love to have you return to the Europa and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Omagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

First time to stay although I have attended functions here in the past.Cannot fault the overall experience from the helpful concierge who took care of our bags and car, reception who were relaxed and professional, Matthew in the piano bar who looked after our every need, the floor staff who served us afternoon tea as we watched the "world" from the window rush by, to the kind and helpful cleaners who ensured we had all the tea and coffee we could wish for. Parking the car did cost but the location meant we didnt need a taxi all weekend. Food excellent in the local restaurants and Saturday afternooon music in Robinsons across the road excellent. Overall a home from home and a pampering we wont forget. Highly recommended!

Dear liam d,

Thank you sharing your review on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am delighted you had such a fantastic stay with ourselves. I have passed your great comments on to our staff members especially Matthew. We would love to have you stay again ourselves at the Europa and look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Overall trip was excellent only staff in restaurant were very slow and never once asked us was everything ok and would we like any other drinks dessert took 45 mins to come! But actually hotel was brilliant

Dear Dpleonard,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with ourselves. I appreciate your feedback and we continually strive to improve our service levels. I have taken your comments on board regarding our staff and I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels closely. I am delighted you enjoyed your overall stay with ourselves and we would love to have you stay again with ourselves. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Portstewart, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Booked the Valentines package for my wife and I was extremely disappointed, especially with our meal. We had to wait for nearly an hour between each course, had to ask for our plates to be cleared, had to ask for petit fours (which were meant to be included in the package), and had to ask three times for our champagne (also meant to be included). When the champagne did arrive, it was virtually thrown at us by a rushed young waiter, and my glass was oy half full! Our package was also meant to include a special Valentines duck, but despite several calls to housekeeping, we did not manage to get one. We also had to wait many hours for towels for our room. This hotel has great potential, but poor service lets it down.

Dear gleep_uk,

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Europa Hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that your stay did not live up to your expectations. I would like to apologise on the level of service you received during your stay. I have taken your issues up with our team and I can assure you we are monitoring their service levels very closely. I am very sorry you did not receive the valentine’s duck which was included in your package. Please email my colleague Suzanne Wray at conf3@eur.hastingshotels.com with your postal address and we will get one across to you as soon as possible. I appreciate you where disappointed with your overall stay and we would love to have the chance for you to visit and stay with ourselves again where I am confident we can improve on your last stay. We look forward to seeing you again.

comber
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time staying in the Europa hotel... & I will definitely be back!
My colleagues and I booked a triple room for the night of our work function in the hotel. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty! The reception and function staff were so friendly, helpful and courteous, in particular Mr Philip Murphy, who went out of his way to ensure that we all had a wonderful & memorable stay.
The function was great and the meal was absolutely beautiful.
Our room was superb. Three large extremely comfortable beds with plenty of space in the room for three people. (We were on the 4th floor and did not hear any street noise whatsoever.)
The breakfast was a delicious buffet and again the attentive staff were great in the restaurant.
I highly recommend this hotel for its location, comfort & terrific staff.

Dear c14asw,

Kind Regards

Been to Europa Hotel - Belfast? Share your experiences!