“Excellant, will stay again...” 5 of 5 stars

Maryville House
2 Maryville Park, Belfast BT9 6LN, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #12 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellant, will stay again...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Travelled with my boyfriend to Belfast on a Grabone deal which included two nights B&B and Afternoon tea.

It is a Tea Room with guestrooms, so there is noone at the premises after 5pm except the guests. It wasn't an issue for us and we were given numbers to call in case of emergency.

From the moment we arrived, the service we received was 10/10. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The tea rooms are beautifully decorated and we really enjoyed the afternoon tea and breakfast each morning.

We stayed in the Jasmine room. It was quite small but really nicely decorated, with a lovely big bed! Good size bathroom and room was really clean and pretty. The staff did offer to move us to another larger room but we didn't bother as we were happy enough where we were.

A lovely touch that Maryville offer is to leave out fresh scones, jams and deserts in the hall outside your room along with teas and coffee so you can help yourself when you get back in the evening.

Location-wise, it's on the Lisburn Rd so you wouldn't walk into the city centre. But there is a bus stop across the street so you can get into town in about 10 minutes for £1.80 or get a taxi for about £7. There are lots of boutiques and coffee shops along the Lisburn Rd.

Overall, really enjoyed our stay and am looking forward to staying at Maryville again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed three nights at Maryville House in October. I arrived in the evening later than staff usually stayed, but with prior arrangement, I was met by a very friendly young lady who gave me the keys and showed me my room.

There isn't an on-site owner or hostess overnight so you come and go by yourself, using the keys and as I was out in the morning before breakfast and back later in the evening I didn't see anyone - staff or fellow guests - for the rest of the stay. So the atmosphere is more boarding house than B&B. Some solo travellers might find that a little disconcerting or insecure.

My room was adequate but a little small and was only serviced on one of the days I was there. There was a bed, TV, drawers and a small ensuite with shower only. It was the single room just off the stair landing. It was okay and did the job, I was there very little. I don't know if the other rooms are more spacious.

The location is a bit out of town, about £5-6 for a taxi ride to the centre. There are buses as well, but I was combining with other people at a nearby B&B and so taxis were actually more economical and convenient.

I wouldn't rush to stay here again, but it would be okay if other options weren't available.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Killybegs Co. Donegal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We had the pleasure of spending a weekend in Belfast recently and are delighted that Maryville House was our accomodation of choice. the afternoon tea on arrival was scrumptuous. We were planning to eat out on both evenings and the staff were so helpful with suggestions for eateries and bars etc, many of which matched reccomendations we had got from others who had visited Belfast previously. The staff couldn't have done any more to make our stay as enjoyable as it was, unfortunately this is a rare experience nowadays especially that the staff were all relatively 'young girls'. The breakfast on both mornings was delicious,great menu choices of home cooked food that set us up for the rest of our day. Would highly recommend Maryville House, ideal location and will definately be back!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
donegal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister and I spent an enjoyable weekend staying at the Maryville B&B while visiting Belfast. Its located on a quiet street just off the Lisburn Road, which makes it very accessibl, I travelled by train from Dublin and my sister travelled by car. The staff are extremely pleasent friendly eager to help in whatever way they can, suggesting local restaurants and bars for us to try while we were in Belfast, The afternoon tea and breakfast are far above the standard that I have had in most hotels. I would definately recommend and stay in the Maryville House on my next visit to Belfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a grab one deal, afternoon tea was fantastic. Room was lovely, nice bathroom. Loved the scones left out for us.
Breakfast also lovely. Great location in a lovely area not too far from city centre. Would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have visited Maryville Tea Rooms (just off the Lisburn Road) on a few separate occasions - for breakfast meetings, a lunch meeting and an elevenses meeting thus far...I will be back, of course!

The breakfast was faultless, homemade mini fry up cooked to perfection - we ate in a side room for privacy as it was a business meeting - quirky old church pews made comfy with cushions galore.

TIP: Ask for a Suki Tea Pot! The only problem I have had and it has been on two occasions now is the tea which is served with a tea strainer thus leaving floating tea leaves - recently I requested a suki tea pot to be used and this worked - no floaties.

There's a small area for free parking which can be like magic dust on the busy Lisburn road hence why I plan meetings here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Northen Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Did not stay here but took two friends for afternoon tea. Although it advises on their web site that booking is essential, the place was empty. When we arrived we were told to "sit where you like". A waitress then came, banged two plastic menu holders on the table and said pick your sandwiches and your drink and left us! The table itself was full of tea stains and had obviously not been wiped from previous use. I know the tables are meant to have a 'distressed' look but the sides would need a thorough cleaning - I agree with a previous reviewer, a table cloth would be better. One of the china cups had a large chip out of it that was totally tea stained. More transport cafe than tea room! All this was complimented by a used dirty napkin lying on the floor. The food was fine but the whole experience was awful - from the attitude of the staff to the state of the room. Would not recommend and will not be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Maryville House? Share your experiences!