“Relaxing break in Belfast” 4 of 5 stars

Maryville House
2 Maryville Park, Belfast BT9 6LN, Northern Ireland   |
Ranked #17 of 50 Belfast B&B and Inns
Dublin
“Relaxing break in Belfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for the weekend of the 16th after purchasing a Grab One deal. Overall we had a really nice stay! Our room was the Darjeeling, which was on the top floor. I really liked this room as it felt really homely and beautifully designed. I also hate most bathrooms in hotels and guesthouses as they tend to be windowless and stuffy, but the little stain glass window effect between the bathroom and the bedroom somehow eradicated that problem for me. The best thing about Maryville was the cakes and scones left out in the evenings. There was also plenty of milk and butter and teabags if you needed them! My internet connection on my laptop in the room wasn't great but to be honest I don't know if this was the connection or my laptop. Breakfast was lovely! We also had the free afternoon tea, which was beautiful. I love their scones. On leaving, we went to get some scones and coffee to go but the lady gave them to us for free. Found out my boyfriend had left a good tip after breakfast but it was still really nice of her and she gave us plenty. We drove into the city most times, which is only 5mins -ten mins. We got a taxi once which was only about £7. Would definitely recommend this B&B and might revisit myself if I get the chance!

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in Maryville for one night. When we arrived staff were very nice. We stayed in the Earl Grey room which was a nice room. I would agree with the previous review they should change their toilet seat. I did find the room cold when we arrived but there was a rad to plug in which was fine. We had lunch in the cafe and it was lovely however quite expensive. The one complaint we did have was that we were told that if we had any issues during the night there was two mobiles that were pre-programmed if we needed any help during the night. I did find it strange that there was no one at the B&B at night. When we arrived home after our dinner we had trouble opening the front door, it took us nearly twenty minutes to open it. I tried calling the number I had booked on but there was no answer. We eventually got the door opened, but I did wonder at that stage what would have happended if we could not get it open, there was no one to contact. I mentioned it when I was leaving and I was told that there was a 'nack' to opening the door, pity they didn't tell us that when we were given the key. However other than that mishap breakfast was nice, not wonderful but nice. The staff were very helpful, it is outside the city about a ten minute drive to get into the centre.

Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We just returned from a two night stay in Maryville House. I got a deal on Grab One, which was very good value including 2 nights B&B plus an afternoon tea for two. We stayed in the Earl Grey Room which was a room with a double and a single bed, it was a nice room at the top of the house facing the Lisburn Rd - but quiet and comfortable. We had an en suite bathroom which was on the small side - no place to hang a towel except for one small radiator. And the one thing I would complain about was the toilet seat was very loose and in my opinion should be changed - otherwise the room was more than adequate.
The location of Maryville House is just off the Lisburn rd as I said before - we thought it was a very good location as there was a bus stop just across the road to go straight in to the city. We parked our car in the carpark and we did not move it until the day we left - it was very handy.
There are lots of good shops along the Lisburn road - actually just up from Maryville on the right side of road is Arcadia deli - which is worth a visit for sure - breads, cold meats, olives and great cheeses - absolutely lovely.
We dined locally as well just up the road on the two nights we were there - Shu and The Chelsea Bar, We also had a drink in Lillies - which when we visited - we noticed the food looked very appetizing.
We had afternoon tea on the day we checked out of Maryville which was very nice. The Tea room is a lovely bright and airy room and they have a nice selection of different teas.
The staff we met were very friendly and welcoming the girl we had most dealings with was called Rose - she was polite and helpful.
I would not hesitate in recommending Maryville House as a nice place to stay in a good location.

Room Tip: Earl Grey room is a nice room
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Was in Belfast last weekend and stayed in the Maryville House on a" Grab One" deal.I have to say it was the nicest B&B i ever stayed in.The staff were very helpful at all times the room was comfortable and clean.The secure parking was a plus we could leave the car and get the bus into the city.The best thing about our stay was the afternoon tea we had it on both days.Hope to get this deal again soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently stayed in Maryville House for two nights on a business trip. The house is extremely well-kept with more then a touch of elegance not usually seen in a Bed & Breakfast. All the Staff were pleasant and very helpful. My room - a single - was perfectly clean and comfortable, and very quiet. The house is located not far from the Kings Hall and while some might think it is a little far out from the city center - a relative idea - it is well served by frequent buses and Balmoral train station is a five minute walk. Located within a minute or so walk are coffee shops, bars, shops - all you could want. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tralee, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed here for two nights last week on a "Grab One" deal - wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed our break. Very comfortable room top floor/front and surprisingly quiet considering overlooking Lisburn Road and the secure parking was a great advantage.
On arrival we were served afternoon tea (more than welcome after the five hour drive!) which consisted of a choice of tasty freshly-made sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and dainty cakes....delicious.
There was a good selection on the breakfast menu and the food was well cooked and plentiful.
A lovely touch, we thought, was the table on the landing below our room laid out each night with scones and cakes - in case we were feeling peckish!
Last, but not least, the staff were efficient and very friendly - the two we had the most contact with were Rose (who took the phone booking and whom we met while there) and Clare who served us in the tearoom and looked after us on our departure......they're a major asset to any business - and since we ran our own business for 17 years we would appreciate this
We'll be back !!
D & L/Tralee

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed this past weekend and from start to finish everything was amazing. The rooms were very nice with lovely big comfy beds. The location is perfect with a host of eateries and shops along the Lisburn Road on your doorstep. Breakfast was very nice with lots of options. Little treats left out in the evening for returning guests was a lovely touch. Karen who greeted us was lovely and very helpful. Claire at breakfast was fantastic and both ladies are a credit to the Guesthouse, the other ladies were lovely but we mainly spoke with Karen and Claire so didn't want to leave them out of our high praise. Secure off road parking. Lovely warm feeling throughout the house. Would highly recommend. Quietest rooms on the 2nd floor, but we slept very well in the Jasmine room on the 1st. Will return.

Room Tip: Lots of choice of room if you get there early you may be given a few options!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Maryville House? Share your experiences!