Stayed in this hotel thinking we were going to receive 5* treatment. Firstly, we checked in and the receptionists asked how we were going to pay for any additional charges i.e. room service. We decided to opt for cash on departure as this was an option given to us. When we ordered room service we received a very polite letter asking us to go to reception. When we produced the letter to the receptionists we were rudely told that we were not allowed to order room service without a credit card or a cash deposit. We explained that we didn’t know that and cash on departure was given to us as an option of payment. However this was dismissed and we were given a polite telling off that in future we were to have a cash deposit or credit card when ordering room service.
Secondly, when checking out of the hotel we unfortunately got ‘stung’ with a £36 parking fee. In the elevators there is a notice informing residents of the charges that apply to the EUF car park. I presumed that this was a different car park as the Hilton car park is clearly named as the ‘Hilton car park’. Both receptionists were EXTREMELY rude and arrogantly told me that there was no such thing as free parking with any hotels in Belfast (this information is incorrect) and I should have read the notices. I told them that the notices refer to a different car park but apparently I should have looked harder as the car park adjacent to the hotel is not officially the Hilton car park, but has Hilton branded all over it…. Needless to say we will not be returning to this Hotel as we feel that is not deserving of a 5* rating....
On the plus side, the room was comfortable and very clean and the food was very good....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel has now completed a major refurbishment which includes all bedrooms, public areas and a gym by Precor - open 24/7. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast city centre and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the Odyssey Arena. Wireless internet in all rooms (Charges may apply), 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, 1 Restaurant, 1 Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, 9 Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel