“Very close to everything.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

Save Saved
You added Jurys Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fisherwick Place | Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #28 of 44 hotels in Belfast
carrickmacross
“Very close to everything.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I stay last weekend in this hotel. First impression were not great. Having arrived at the hotel jointed a que of at least 6 couples with one person checking in. Eventually got checking in with not exactly welcoming matter of fact sort of a man. Room was nothing special but confortable and clean. Not great windows as you could clearly hear all the city centre traffic outside. Have to say the hotel is very central and you can easily walk to every where. Breakfast lead alot to be desired. It was actually one of the worst breakfast I ever had in a hotel and was put off my breakfast even more once I seen a few very unattractive middle age pot bellies women arrive down to the dinning room in their pj's. They really shouldn't have being allowed in the dining room in that state of dress. Would I stay here again? I will say it was cheap at £59 per room per night and two manky breakfast's but then you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

917 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
Nottingham UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights & can find little to reccomend this hotel except its excellent location in Belfast.
Staff were generally unhelpful & abrupt offering no assistance or welcome.
The decor throughout was drab & bland.
Breakfast was completely uninspired & exactly the same every morning, mostly overcooked & kept warm for too long whatever time you went down.
Our room was very basic & poorly maintained with holes in the bath room door. Standards of housekeeping were minimal & the room was not properly cleaned throughout our stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

great location, within walking distance of the shops.
hotel is modern and clean.
lifts, halls and our room were all modern and clean.
reception staff were friendly. hotel is good value for money.
had a great nights sleep, no noise, bed comfortable, though the room was very hot.
great water pressure in the bathroom, with unlimited hot water (unlike a lot of other hotels!)
we had breakfast in the hotel, which was very acceptable, though it is totally self service (including tea, cutlery, etc)
i would definitely recommend and i would return to jurys.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a nice Hotel in a great central location, it is clean and comfortable but there are some issues it really should address. I checked in for one night for a work visit to County Down and the location was great just a few miles from the airport and half an hours drive to the job the next day. The staff were friendly at check in and I was heading up to my room in no time at all. Room was on the 5th floor and had a decent outlook. The decor was nice, it was a triple room and so had a Double bed and a single, though I onl needed one bed. This was classed as an upgraded room and so had the benefit of free wifi. Has all the usual amenities such as tea tray and hair drier plus two bottles of water and biscuits. The towels were good quality and size and there were plenty of them and the toiletries in the bathroom were good too. The problem was that the was a loud clanking sound in my room about every 15-30 minutes, only did it once and sounded like a pipe clanking when it heats up and cools down. Went on until around 11.30 pm then did it twice during the night then started again at around 6am....very annoying. There was also works going on in the street outside so had to put up with jack hammers and grinders/cutting wheels going unti 11pm, really loud. No air con so the only way to cool the room was to turn down the heating and open the window but it was of noisy for that. The bathroom was cold as there was no heating in there and the extractor didint work so the mirrors steamed up as soon as the shower went on so couldn't be used at all after the shower for more than an hour. Shower head was leaking and pressure was intermittent at one stage the water pressure dropped then pulsed scalding hot water at me which made me jump back pretty quickly. Was a bit disappointed with the paint peeling from the bathroom ceiling especially as it looks like artex! Breakfast was also disappointing, buffet with about 6 items on it, fruit, toast and very very limited cereals, small number of croissants and very runny porridge....they could and should have done much better. Car park behind the hotel was a good price and secure but even with discount given for staying at the hotel was just over £7.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are any works in the vicinity of the hotel before you select a room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here at the beginning of march 2013 and I am very pleased to say I had a lovely time, I had read reviews on this and was quite nervous but when I arrived I was greeted very pleasantly. The rooms are basic but are very clean and tidy. I waa staying for 2days on business and I had food and drinks in the bar, the bar was a tad cold but other than that it was lovely. The bar maid whom I think was called lynsay was so friendly and welcoming that I found myself chatting away to her when I was ordering drinks. I liked the location as its pretty central in the city, will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Dublin 11
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in Jury's Inn during March 2013. On the evening of our arrival we were delayed due to bad weather/snow so we called ahead to let them know. Staff were very good and said "no problem, you can check in any-time." So we arrived at Belfast Central station and it was a £4 taxi ride (less than 5mins drive).

Arrived at the hotel and everything was fine. The man at reception was quite good with us despite other guests annoying him as we were checking in. The room was spacious and fine, the one odd quality was perhaps poor lighting and basic decor. But it was comfortable and warm.

The Saturday did bring out some hidden charges. The breakfast was £10 per person per day which I felt was a bit steep. It was self service regular breakfast (Cereal/ continental and fry), it was nice but I don't know if £10 was adequate, equally I wasn't aware of anywhere else nearby that could do breakfast for cheaper! The second hidden charge was internet in the rooms, £5 for one hour or £10 for 24 hours. The internet was good I have to say but perhaps £10 was a bit steep too.

Otherwise I have to say staff were fine and very nice. We didn't eat in the bar so I can't judge that.

It's within walking distance to everywhere in Belfast but even saying that a taxi is cheap anyway.

It's five minutes walk to City Hall, probably ten to Vicoria Square Shopping area, twenty five minutes to Central Station and 40mins walk to Titanic centre, it's also less than ten mins walk to the Gay area of Belfast (Union Street)

Overall, yes I would stay again but some of the hidden charges did leave a sour taste.
Only thing to say about sleep quality was a church bell across the road every fifteen minutes

Room Tip: Get the train or bus into Great Victoria Street if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. It’s not luxurious or grand, but it is a clean, comfortable place to stay. The location is fantastic and it’s a great jumping off place to get around the city.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Jurys Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!