“Excellent staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

You added Jurys Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fisherwick Place | Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed here at the beginning of march 2013 and I am very pleased to say I had a lovely time, I had read reviews on this and was quite nervous but when I arrived I was greeted very pleasantly. The rooms are basic but are very clean and tidy. I waa staying for 2days on business and I had food and drinks in the bar, the bar was a tad cold but other than that it was lovely. The bar maid whom I think was called lynsay was so friendly and welcoming that I found myself chatting away to her when I was ordering drinks. I liked the location as its pretty central in the city, will stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank businessjohn

Dublin 11
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in Jury's Inn during March 2013. On the evening of our arrival we were delayed due to bad weather/snow so we called ahead to let them know. Staff were very good and said "no problem, you can check in any-time." So we arrived at Belfast Central station and it was a £4 taxi ride (less than 5mins drive).

Arrived at the hotel and everything was fine. The man at reception was quite good with us despite other guests annoying him as we were checking in. The room was spacious and fine, the one odd quality was perhaps poor lighting and basic decor. But it was comfortable and warm.

The Saturday did bring out some hidden charges. The breakfast was £10 per person per day which I felt was a bit steep. It was self service regular breakfast (Cereal/ continental and fry), it was nice but I don't know if £10 was adequate, equally I wasn't aware of anywhere else nearby that could do breakfast for cheaper! The second hidden charge was internet in the rooms, £5 for one hour or £10 for 24 hours. The internet was good I have to say but perhaps £10 was a bit steep too.

Otherwise I have to say staff were fine and very nice. We didn't eat in the bar so I can't judge that.

It's within walking distance to everywhere in Belfast but even saying that a taxi is cheap anyway.

It's five minutes walk to City Hall, probably ten to Vicoria Square Shopping area, twenty five minutes to Central Station and 40mins walk to Titanic centre, it's also less than ten mins walk to the Gay area of Belfast (Union Street)

Overall, yes I would stay again but some of the hidden charges did leave a sour taste.
Only thing to say about sleep quality was a church bell across the road every fifteen minutes

Room Tip: Get the train or bus into Great Victoria Street if possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. It’s not luxurious or grand, but it is a clean, comfortable place to stay. The location is fantastic and it’s a great jumping off place to get around the city.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We got a great deal for this hotel - £45 for a triple room!

Location is great as its a few minutes walk from the Europa Bus station and beside the Grand Opera House. If you fancy a beer (or 6), the Crown Bar is across the road.

The room was absolutely fine, with no major issues. Beds were comfortable and I had a good nights sleep. The bathroom could do with a bit of TLC as it was starting to look a little bit grubby.

There's a Costa Coffee on the ground floor which is a nice touch!

If you want to go on a bus tour of Belfast, you can buy tickets at the hotel and you then get a free shuttle service to the start point of the tour.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank toddy0011
Kettering, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed for two nights this week at this Jury's Inn hotel. Reception staff were friendly, the room very spacious, especially for a single person and it was all very clean. However, the showers have a tendency to suddenly scald you, the water flow rate is only average and the towels a little thin. There is limited ventilation. During the night I was woken by very loud noises rubbling through the building which sounded as if they came from the central heating system. The breakfast was the worst I have had in a long time. The bacon was curled up, hard and at no time had it been crispy, the tomatoes were cold and raw and the sausages of low meat content. The ketchup didn't look or taste as if it had ever seen a tomato in any form. Croissants were hard and the toast machine only toasted one side. However the bread rolls were fresh. Don't pay for breakfast, walk into town and find a cafe - there are a few nearby open from 7.30am.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sayward, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My Husband and I are from British Columbia ,Canada.This was our first trip to Belfast but not Ireland.After two month in Mexico a last minute decision was made to head off to Ireland .a country we just love .After alengthy trip from Cancun to Toronto to London to Belfast we headed off to find a bed for a night or two...a suggetion at the airport was the Jury Inn.. centrally located. Well.. yes it is but that seems to be it only asset. Upon arrival. the reception at reception is more than cool..They should be taught how to greet their customers.One lone young lady had some manners the others all lacking and quite rude. The foyer area is freezing as is the lounge area.The use of the computor is a waste..you can,t read the screen and no one really care about that even though they charge you . The rooms were less than acceptable and the shower even more so .. first no hot water then if you got hot ... it came and went to the degree of scalding.. very dangerous.Lacking of towels also .Two shower towels ,no hand towels or face clothes. We had a room with a double bed and a single ... some time one like to spend an evening in their own bed after a lengthy trip.. but the single bed is a waste of space. and uncomfortble.The rooms facing the inner court do infact get the early morning noise of the acrgo unloaders making all the crashing sounds.. they will infact wake you up very early....The parking was ridiculous the parking is in a lot behind the hotel of which is accessed through the round about . they charge a regular fee of 14pounds per day and give you two pounds off if staying in the hotel.. thing is you cannnot get your car out if you are leaving on an early flight ..the carpark doesnt open till later. so you park on the side street of the hotel but only after six.. and hope your car rental will be safe??? The resturant prices are more than expensive .so we chose to head across the street to the famous .Crown Bar where the food is out of this world and more than reasonable prices with a great Irish atmosphere.We had decided to stay one extra night and then the charge of the hotel went up by twenty pounds so we packed and were planning to find another Hotel.I mentioned this to a tour guide from the Hotel and he suggested I spoke with Vashel the Hotel manager who would rectify this problem. I did speak with the manger and he apologized and said he would give us the lower rate ..but we had decided to continue up country beings we were packed et all. He offered to give us the lower rate if we returned again .beings it would not be during the weekend as prices are higher. We did return a few weeks later and mentioned this price reduction to the reception person ... who seemed to not care.. he then decided this rate would be fine after talking to the manager... but upon signing out the next morning the price had gone back up to 20 pounds more... well you can imagine the discussion it took when my husband said that he was not paying that price ... wow ... something a traveller does not really need to deal with ... needless to say after our time in our favorite country and over three weeks in and out of Hotels .. The Jurys Inn or their sister Hotel will be one we will not stay in again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

When you entered a hotel to check in and was greeting by a very grumpy cranky and rude receptionist you would ask yourself why on earth again i booked this hotel ? I dont ask much , a wee bit smile and good morning would give me a welcome feeling for God sake i do have money to pay my bill -:)... Anyway when i called from room about a wifi he barked me to come downstair and pay the wifi code cash !! Yea .. I need wifi for work so with my sweetiest smile i webt down and to avoid seeing him again i asked for 2x 24 hours , he looked at me like i was from other planet and said NO , you have to came back after 24 hours for another code , awesome hospitality ... Room was good, clean and comfty..good value of money..oh and the guy from house keeping was sweet and lovely , i was asking for sweetener and he found me some !! And also fixed the light un my room fast ... Despite the front office team rudeness , i would still recommend this hotel due to the awesome location .... Cheers

• Stayed December 2012