“rude staff” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

You added Jurys Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fisherwick Place | Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“rude staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

reception staff were extremely unwelcoming and unhelpful, there was a mix up with my online booking but no one seemed to care, i wasted most of my day making phone calls trying to sort it out myself. Hotel is in a good location but i would not recommend this hotel because of the staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan F, General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry to learn that there was a mix up with your online booking and you also found my reception team unfriendly. To minimise the risk of this happening again I would be most grateful if you could let me know your booking details, so I can follow this up with the agent concerned. My reception team are a very friendly bunch and I would also be keen to find out who you spoke to during your stay as this standard of service is not what we are about here in Belfast.
Please accept my apologises again and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Regards
Ryan Foster
ryan_foster@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I don't know which was colder...the hotel lobby or the staff. The place was empty but the staff were running around like headless chickens ignoring the customers standing waiting! The reception staff could not have been more unfriendly if they tried.

The room was very very basic and total atmosphereless. There was apparently a choice of pillows but all 5 pillows in the room, even the supposed soft ones, were like bricks! The bathroom was....need I say more other than I will NEVER stay here again.

One last thing...we ordered a bottle of Prosecco at £30 and it was given to us at room temperature. I don't think the barman knew what he was giving us!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ryan F, General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected but I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly, so I can ascertain the date and room number you stayed in. I would also like to know which members of my team you encountered during your stay so I can follow up on the points you mentioned in your review.

Apologises again and I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Best Regards
Ryan Foster
ryan_foster@jurysinns.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

OK, so I stayed in February which is not exactly high season - but the cost was similar to one of those so-called Hotels with clueless staff and limited service. This is an actual, proper Hotel.
Location is excellent.

Room Tip: Go high - there can be a bit of noise outside. Also, rooms could be better sound insulated.
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff were very helpful and courteous. However, the hotel itself had a run down look. Our room was really cold - you had to be in bed in a jumper to feel warm! Breakfast was pretty revolting and I avoided it on the second morning. There was no room service. It also appeared to be hotel policy to tidy but not fully clean the rooms if you were staying more than one night. So no clean glasses, no clean towels. We had a bottle of wine from the hotel bar and the empty bottle was just left there. All in all - not even worthy of a budget hotel and certainly not deserving of its 3 star rating.

Buffalo, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Jurys in Belfast several months ago. We were in an upper-floor room with a window that looked out over a courtyard. Early the first morning, casks of beer were delivered, with the delivery man dropping metal barrels onto the cobblestones of the courtyard one by one by one ... dozens of them. CRASH rumble rumble rumble .. CRASH rumble rumble ... On vacation, we like to sleep later than 7 a.m. We complained to the desk and were told that the beer was delivered only every couple of days and it wouldn't happen again during our stay. The next day at the SAME time there was another delivery, not of beer, but of food ... no crash, but the metal trolleys were rolled back and forth across the cobblestones, making loud noises again.
It was totally unnecessary! Why unload in an open courtyard bordered by the guest rooms?
ALSO -- we parked on the side street right next to the hotel and planned to leave the car there overnight. The signs seemed to indicate that it would be OK, but just to be sure, we asked at the front desk and were told, "Oh no! You can't park your car there!" Before moving the car, we took a taxi to meet some friends and asked the cab driver about it. He said of course we could park there. So we did, and the car was fine until he morning.
After returning home, we received an email survey asking about our stay. I told them about being awakened by the crashing twice, and about being told that we could not park on the street when we could (and did). I received an email saying that they could not control deliveries, and they were sorry that we had received a parking ticket. So, way to fail reading comprehension too. Next time, we plan to stay at the Europa!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the street rather than the interior courtyard
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I frequently stay at Jury's Belfast due to work. To be honest, in terms of staff friendliness and professionalism I couldn't fault the hotel at all. Whenever I needed something the staff went out of their way to assist and that is a very good quality. However, I strongly believe there is some room for improvement for their room decor and bathroom facilities.

Bedroom -

Bedroom in general is always good - fairly ok size if you compare it with the competition for this price range. They listened to previous feedbacks and put in new digital LCD tvs so that's a plus too. Beds themselves are comfortable too. I tell you what bothers me a lot - Jury's Inn have recently jumped onto "save the environment and go green" saga so the lighting in the room is always weird - The low voltage bulbs in every light mean you will never get a nicely bright room unless all the lights are lit up or of course when it's sunny outside... and for Belfast that is a rare happening anyway.

I would also agree with a lot of other people who commented on the noise through the doors and windows. There is a lot of it and it is constant - I tend to sleep in noisy environments so it's not a problem for me but for some it could be really frustrating.

Bathrooms -

Although everything is kept clean and tidy they could do with some modernisation i.e., old school bath tubs in a hotel bathroom with a shower curtain??? Common this is 2013 and shower cubicles aren't expensive!!!

Hotel Lobby and Coffee area -

I can see there has been a lot of effort being put in by the management to give the hotel an up to date look and they have got most of the things right in my opinion. Remaining niggling items - I hope - will go away too. Every upcoming hotel goes through these issues and as long as management listens to positive criticism they are on the right track.

Introduction of Costa coffee on ground floor is a good thing and it's a nice sitting place in the evening with friends or colleagues. Atmosphere is almost always very nice and staff is again always very friendly.

Oh yes - breakfast is good :) Coffee is a hit and miss though, depending on which day of the week you get it.

Internet speed -

It's not the super broadband that you would get at home but it's fairly decent. I've just that very internet to write this "essay" so can't complain !

Room Tip: Rooms nearer the school side are nicer - but the corridors on the other side are quieter :)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The jury's inn is ideally located in the city centre, close to the bus stops to explore the city. Hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms were reasonably priced and clean and warm. Would definately recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Jurys Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!