“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

You added Jurys Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fisherwick Place | Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and found it excellent . The rooms were lovely and clean and very comfortable . The breakfast and dinners were excellent . Belfast is also a town with very friendly people who were very helpful . The hotel was walking distance from the city centre with various shopping centres and shops. The staff were also very friendly and helpful in every way . I also think the hotel should upgrade their website. Would definitley be staying here again .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival we were treated by the receptionist from hell, very unpleasant and not very helpful at all. This hotel is tired and very grubby and smells of cigarettes. The room was hot and no air conditioning, no room service at all and no free wifi. A disgrace in this day and age. Wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here as its not cheep and it's not value for money

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in the superior room for one night and I was disappointed with the quality of the room. Yes it was clean and tidy, no big complaints but for the amount paid for the room, it just wasn't worth it. I've stayed in hotels with less stars and B&B's with a higher quality for much less money. We paid using a company credit card, when there was difficulties with the card the hotel staff became very rude over the phone despite the fact that we were completely willing to pay, we were just having a problem with credit card. Considering all of the above, I won't be staying with them again, I'd rather try a lesser known hotel in the area at a cheaper rate and higher quality of accomadation.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying more for the superior rooms, there isn't enough of a difference in room...
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Excellent hotel, good location, car parking could be a bit difficult and expensive. Had the buffet breakfast which was very good. Hotel was quiet, beds comfy and had three good nights' sleep.
Bathroom looked a little tired but still not too bad.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the stay hotel was of a good quality, not too noisy for a city location and would definitely...
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

lovely clean hotel in the cente of belfast very good breakfast and very reasonable. Staff were great and very helpful treated us very well indeed. Open top bus outide for £10 for 3 days took us all over Belfast even to Titanic Quarter and the picked us up great!!! Will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Spend 2 nights here as was visiting relatives and found everything as expected from this brand. Location is absolutely ideal for walking and exploring Belfast though its beyond me why it is always a struggle to get a hotel in Belfast with its own car park! Rooms are clean and modern and found breakfast buffet exactly what I expected. Front desk worth a mention and thanks to Karen for being so friendly - shes a star!

Room Tip: Ask for back facing
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I spent one night at Jury's in July, to see the Titanic quarter, and it was not an experience I'd wish to repeat. The phone and the TV didn't work and the toilet did not flush properly and I found the staff (with the exception of one woman) to be totally disinterested. They also need more staff on the front desk as you can get nothing done. When the phone was eventually replaced, I was then told by reception that I could not ring out and make local calls, as I had not prearranged for this service to be available!! I have stayed in many hotels and never encountered that problem before and was certainly never told.

I also have mobility issues and found this to be a problem too as I was ill and could not get any food in my room. I went without dinner and breakfast since no one would bring me anything when I explained that I was unable to walk. A friend kindly brought me a sandwich when she met me on check out.

On the third floor I was awoken by very loud traffic noise from about 5am and that was the end of sleep. The windows appeared to be double glazed and were completely closed, but they were useless. And there was also regular very loud banging from the corridor, as all the doors into the corridor close so heavily.

I would have refused to pay for my overnight stay, had I not already done so on arrival.

Then, to add insult to injury, the morning I left I encountered the rudest taxi driver I've ever met, who was waiting outside Jury's, and took myself and a friend to the Titanic quarter. He must have been on the Jury's payroll too!! Among other things, he abused me for being an Australian tourist. My father comes from Northern Ireland but, If that's Belfast, I won't be going back. I did not feel welcome at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Jurys Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!