“Take your thermals!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

You added Jurys Inn Belfast to your Saves list
Jurys Inn Belfast
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Fisherwick Place | Great Victoria Street, Belfast BT2 7AP, Northern Ireland (Golden Mile)   |
Ranked #26 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Scotland
“Take your thermals!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2007

Generally this is of the same standard as most Jurys hotels I've been to, you know what to expect. The reception staff were on the whole very helpful. We stayed in November in a cold and wet weekend. Jurys now have an eco friendly policy apparently and only turn on your heating at certain times. This meant that when we arrived in the room at around 4pm the room was freezing and then again when we returned after our night out it was bitter. We requested a portable heater which reception said they would provide but which never turned up (we were there 3 nights!).
Another point was that the bar staff were good apart from a girl (name beginning with A) whose grasp of the english language left a lot to be desired and never got our drinks order right, she also only seemed interested in serving men, any women at the bar had to literally ask to be served.

• Liked — Convenient Location
  • Disliked — Cold Room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RachelStrange, General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2007
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you experienced a few issues and would very much like the opportunity to discuss these with you. Please contact me on rachel_strange@jurysinns.com

Rachel Strange

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Greek first
San Luis Obispo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2007

Basically, this is a seedy, disgusting hotel. The problem with Jurys hotels is that some of them are really nice, and some are extremely terrible. Unfortunately, the Belfast hotel is one of the terrible ones. If I were you, I'd stay down the street at the Europa.

• Liked — Location (But a lot of other hotels are just as good)
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2005, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, however the contents of which are very disappointing. Please contact me on rachel_strange@jurysinns.com as I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you.

London, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

Even with the window shut and ear plugs, I found my sleep disturbed by the traffic noise at the front of the hotel, which is close to a busy junction.

The furniture and decorations were indifferent. The bathroom would have been improved by a bigger basin, proper soap (instead of liquid), better towels, a shaving mirror and water glasses that do not require refilling in order to properly rinse your mouth Of course, it's too much to expect a British hotel to provide a face flannel! And in a country that consumes more instant so-called coffee per head than any other, a filter coffee maker is out of the question.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
RachelStrange, General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, November 26, 2007
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us, however I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly on rachel_strange@jurysinns.com and I would be delighted to discuss this further.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2007

I have just returned from a weekend break with friends to Belfast staying at Jury's Inn. I would recommend this hotel for a short break. We were met with a very warm Irish welcome when we arrrived at 9 am (hours before the book in time of 2 pm), the receptionist immediately checked if our room was ready and was apologetic that it was not. We had only intended to drop off our baggage as we knew we were far too early to check in. I had contacted the hotel in advance to ask for a quiet room and that is what we were given, a room at the back of the hotel with lovely views on the 5th floor. We had a small problem with the room but as soon as it was reported to reception it was rectified with appropriate apologies. Every member of staff we came into contact with was friendly and helpful during our stay. The buffet breakfast was very good, the rooms were fine, nothing special but pleasant and typical of a 3 star hotel. The location is fantastic for a City Break. The open top bus tour operates from directly outisde. It is 2 minutes from the famous (and wonderful) Crown Bar, a short walk to City Hall and handy for all the shops. There are restaurants and bars nearby although we spent the evening in the Botanical area which has lots of eating places as we struggled to get in to any of the nearby restaurants. I would suggest booking for a Friday or Saturday night meal in Belfast. My other recommendations would be to take the open top bus tour which gives a fascinating insight into the history of Belfast and the troubles, also a trip to the Giants Causeway which is just over an hour away, we were picked up from the hotel. I intend to return to Belfast next year and will stay at Jury's again.

• Liked — Location and value for money
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

Jurys Inn Belfast, centrally located in ireland's most vibrant city. Located beside the Grand Opera House and close to ample tourist sites. The hotel boasts central city location that is unrivalled. Outside the hotel's doors Belfast awaits. If you want to travel further afield the hotel staff will order you a taxi or you can take various bus tours that are close to the hotel. A bus tour that hotel staff reccommended to me took me and my girlfriend around the hotspots of the troubles (including the falls road and the shankill) this is not to be missed!
The staff were friendly and exceptionally helpful. My girlfriend and I stayed in a corner suite room. The room offered was extremely spacious and overlooked the city of belfast. Despite the proximity to a thriving and busy city the room was extremely peaceful and my girlfriend and I slept like babies!
The water was always warm and the room was cleaned to the highest standard daily. On our final night my girlfriend and I were treated to an exceptional meal at the Infusion Restaurant at Jurys Inn. I ordered a home made beef burger and my girlfriend a fillet steak. I would be back for the home made beef burger alone!
The reception staff ordered us a taxi and bid us a fond farewell - we will be back!!

• Liked — Location, Location, Location! Staff Excellent! Hotel Classy and Clean! - perfect!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RachelStrange, General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, October 8, 2007
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on Trip Advisor and thank you for the lovely comments that you made. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay in Jurys Inn Belfast and hope to welcome you back some day.

Rachel
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2007

I was going for a weekend to Belfast to meet up with some friends, I was going to stay at the Hilton hotel where I had been the previous time I was in Belfast but opted for Jury’s as it was more convenient this time around, after staying at Jury’s for the night I wish I had gone to the Hilton instead and paid that bit extra. I booked over the internet and was given a check-in time of 2 which was ideal as I was going to be in Belfast for around then anyway. Got to the Reception and after waiting about 5 mins to check in I was told that the room would not be ready for another hour, which was a bit inconvenient as I wanted to relax before going to do some shopping, I left my luggage at the reception and came back later and the room was ready. The room was comfortable and I could find no fault with it, went out that evening to meet some friends and then returned and had a drink in the hotel bar before going to bed, shortly after I got to my room there was a constant noise of people talking loudly and running up and down the corridor which went on for some considerable time. Had a cooked breakfast the next morning which was delicious the best I’ve had anywhere then asked at reception for them to book a taxi for me to the train station, so I waited & waited & waited, I have doubts now as to whether the taxi was booked at all as I was waiting at least 25 mins for it to show up on a Sunday morning when the traffic shouldn’t be as heavy, eventually went outside and flagged down a taxi who took me to the station barely on time. In short I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone, save yourself some hassle and look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to put your review onto Trip Advisor. However I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations.
Please contact me on rachel_strange@jurysinns.com and I would be delighted to discuss these issues with you.

Rachel
Gloucestershire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2007

Arrived at about 15:30 to find that 2 of our 3 rooms were on the front, noisy side, despite asking for rooms on the back.

We were given 1 room, then went for a walk around the town while the other 2 rooms were prepared.

The bar food was good, but why do hotel bars have to have big screens showing football?

A pretty normal room, well looked after, a bit noisy at night, but normal for city centre.

Buffet breakfast was good.

Had to ask for an itemised bill.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Jurys Inn Belfast? Share your experiences!