“Fantastic building - wide range of top class productions”
Review of Lyric Theatre

55 Ridgeway Street, Belfast BT9 5FB, Northern Ireland (Stranmillis)
0044 28 9038 5685
Website
Update attraction details
Ranked #10 of 144 attractions in Belfast
Certificate of Excellence 2013
Type: Theaters
Owner description: The Lyric Theatre is Northern Ireland's full-time producing theatre. The new theatre opened in May 2011 to great critical acclaim. The award winning... more » Owner description: The Lyric Theatre is Northern Ireland's full-time producing theatre. The new theatre opened in May 2011 to great critical acclaim. The award winning building is built in traditional Belfast red brick, glass and iroko wood and the cafe bar offer beautiful views over the River Lagan and Stranmillis Embankment.The theatre is open seven days a week with performances usually running in the evenings from Tuesday through to Saturday and matinees on Saturday and Sundays. Contact our box office for more details or check online under "What's On".Our cafe serves coffee/tea and light lunches and is open every day. A brunch menu is available on Sunday mornings.As well theatrical productions, we also offer backstage tours, a programme of theatre school and professional learning and corporate hospitality. « less

There are newer reviews for Lyric Theatre
Devon
22 attraction reviews
“Fantastic building - wide range of top class productions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was blown away by the new Lyric building the first time I went in and repeated visits have not dulled my enthusiasm. I think it is the best designed theatre I have even been in. Access is easy, the inside is spacious and characterful with great views and the auditorium is a perfect size. I love the high quality children's theatre they have on as well as the good stuff for grown-ups.
My only quibble is with the cafe/bar which seems to have a very limited range on offer - but maybe I have just been unlucky.

Ireland
4 attraction reviews
“Manager needs to become more customer focused”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a family outing at Christmas with our elderly parents, due to the flag issue we were 5 minutes late, the manger was in my opinion not very helpful and left us sitting outside the main show watching a TV screen. The show was brilliant, service and attitude not so good.

Visited December 2012
Bangor, United Kingdom
“Forget Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went to see 'Forget Turkey' which was a wonderful show. One which I would highly recommend. Also very pleased with the refurbishment of the theatre.

belfast
53 attraction reviews
“well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My first visit to the newly revamped theatre. I had attended the old theatre for over thirty years and it was certainly beginning to show its age. Tired and not "customer friendly". The new theatre is an entirely different package. From the riverside it looks quite stunning. The airy, open visitors area/ bar is very welcoming, as are the smiling and very helpful staff. The performance area itself holds no criticism from me. We were in Row J, to the side of the stage, but were still met with excellent views of the stage, with the actors' every word being quite audible. An excellent place to which I will return, hopefully to see a much better show than the one I went to see, which was dreadful - but that's another story.

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Had not been to the Lyric since the revamp, wow!! such an improvement, Christmas comedy by Dan Gordon, Very Funny actors superb, very different take on a play. However definitely for a Norn Ireland audience